• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC a Large Revolver?

bunnspecial

I carry my 4" 629 with some regularity, as well as my 6" 28.

I've carried my 8 3/8" 27 on a few occasions, but I find it a bit awkward to carry(although it's my favorite range gun).

I have a 4" Colt Trooper 357 on layaway at the moment. Once I have it, I suspect that it will take the place of both the Model 27 and 28 above for any carrying I would do.

eamelhorn

I have a Taurus Judge which I OC at times. But mainly when I am fishing. It is just to heavy for me to carry everyday. I have some disc problems in my lower back and everyday carry of a Judge really bothers my back. I have been to several local store's and never had an issue while OC'ing with it. I switched to a Taurus PT 738 .380. Which is a bit hard to OC due to being small framed. So I cover it up most of the time. I don't want to be in the WV grey, half way in between CC and OC.

Jordan6679

Smith 357 mod. 586. It isn't too heavy and I'm a pretty quick and accurate with it.

mynydyra.jpg