• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

Small_Arms_Collector

I have pictures, and video of the event, but my computer is down at the moment (currently accessing from the library) so i can't host them at the moment, but if anyone is interested in hosting the pictures I shot with my cell I could Email, or SMS them to you to host, just let me know.

Small_Arms_Collector

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

Here are my pictures, you'll have to wait for the video.

1-sm.jpg

2-sm.jpg

3-sm.jpg

4-sm.jpg

5-sm.jpg

6-sm.jpg

Last edited:

eastmeyers

I (Sean's Brother), on behalf of Sean and his family, just wanted to thank you all again for attending and showing your support. Sean really appreciates everyone standing behind him and the rights of everyone to carry lawfully. Hopefully today's rally will be helpful in getting the case dismissed and educating at least a few more people about open carry. Thanks again!

Thanks for posting, and welcom to OCDO. I hope to see Sean posting, as an active OCer once the charges are dropped.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/audio/1089-charlie-langton/birmingham-gun-protest-part-01/

Charlie Langton called us "Geeks with guns" :(

Sad commentary am1270.

"One's even got 2 guns"

He totally missed the whole point of the civil rights violations.

Doubt he missed the point. It does didn't fit his agenda - some see civil rights as only those things of which they approve. They would argue that the Constitution is a living/changing thing. Don't fit the mold for good citizens as designed by them and you are subject to derisive and demeaning remarks. Nothing new there...............except that they are losing and we are making ever greater forward gains.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Blah, blah, blah

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/audio/1089-charlie-langton/birmingham-gun-protest-part-01/

Charlie Langton called us "Geeks with guns" :(

Sad commentary am1270.

"One's even got 2 guns"

He totally missed the whole point of the civil rights violations.

He's a lawyer / news reporter & he didn't even know what charges were brought against Mr. Combs? Wow - he brings a new low to the term professional. He says he doesn't like/uncomfortable with carry in public, Mr. Combs who went to school with his step son, blah, blah, blah. No biased reporting there... :rolleyes:

I for one am very uncomfortable with the ties (loud/obnoxious) this clown wears. Should I have the right to demand he stop wearing them? :confused:

Last edited:

TheQ

This Charlie guy, hopefully he doesn't practice law as a criminal defense attorney. Over and over again in the segment (part one and two) he tells people "you need to cooperate with the police!"

To me cooperate means:

1. If they ask you questions, you must answer.
2. If they ask for your ID, you must give it to them

What criminal defense attorney is going to give this advise?!

"Those lawyers who aren't competent enough to practice law, give radio commentary?"

NHCGRPR45

Doubt he missed the point. It does didn't fit his agenda - some see civil rights as only those things of which they approve. They would argue that the Constitution is a living/changing thing. Don't fit the mold for good citizens as designed by them and you are subject to derisive and demeaning remarks. Nothing new there...............except that they are losing and we are making ever greater forward gains.

I have to admit I liked the picture of me shaking hands with Sean. They even got my good side! I think the reporting on this seems to be mostly positive, and we certainly made our point. 15 + people all doing the same thing Sean was some with multiple firearms and no cops or issues at all. Seems to me if the cops thought what Sean was doing was illegal then we should have been treated the same. I don't know but I get the feeling that perhaps a double standard seems to be at play along with even more serious issues.

NHCGRPR45

This Charlie guy, hopefully he doesn't practice law as a criminal defense attorney. Over and over again in the segment (part one and two) he tells people "you need to cooperate with the police!"

To me cooperate means:

1. If they ask you questions, you must answer.
2. If they ask for your ID, you must give it to them

What criminal defense attorney is going to give this advise?!

"Those lawyers who aren't competent enough to practice law, give radio commentary?"

Yes, that.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
The Judge will decide (Wed.) 6/20/2012 if the case goes forward or not...

48th District Court
4280 Telegraph Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

Does anyone know when the hearing starts tomorrow? I would like to attend but not waste the entire day as the court hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm.

Link to story

http://birmingham.patch.com/article...ad-of-rifle-carrying-teen-s-wednesday-hearing

Thanks for any info.

- G9OS

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

Small_Arms_Collector

From the link:

According to attorney Mary Kucharek of Beier Howlett, P.C., who wrote the brief on behalf of the city, "the Legislature could have included walking down a public street with a firearm strapped to one's back (as one of the exceptions), but it did not because such activity has no legitimate purpose."

"(The) defendant finds himself in the unfortunate position of having to argue that he was engaged in none of the legitimate activities defined under the statute," Kucharek writes. "Rather, he is left to argue that he was carrying a fully loaded, frightening looking high-powered military surplus weapon, for no legitimate purpose or reason other than people should see it, particularly large crowds of teenagers in downtown Birmingham on a Saturday night."

"A young man, walking the streets of Birmingham where large numbers of young people congregate well after dark with no legitimate stated reason for transporting a loaded weapon means the defendant could only have been walking with the gun in that position so that people would see it," Kucharek said. "It could only have been his intent that other pedestrians and motorists should see the gun, which is tantamount to brandishing the weapon."

It sounds as if the city DID NOT learn from our protest, and apparently needs another lesson. According to the city ANY open carry, long gun, or not is brandishing, the law, and AG opinions be damned.

I'll watch what happens tomorrow, and if the case is not tossed out this DEFINITELY warrants another protest, and council meeting (and maybe even if it is).

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I'm in for round 2. I took the advice of some here, staying under the radar and all, but this needs to be met head on.

Okay - no insult meant here. If you do come out please dress nicely. Or you will never hear the end of it. If money is a issue there are places where one can get nice clothes at very cheap prices. Send me a PM if you want more info.