• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinners?

GeneticsDave

imported post

I think it might be too short of notice. I mean, you are free to do a dinner, but I already have plans for that night (plans I wish I could break since I'll be dressing up as a hamburger for my sister's Halloween party:uhoh:).

I'd love to come, but I would rather do it early in November if that works with everyone else.

ScottyT

imported post

This thread doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, so I thought I would try to step in and get @#$% done!

Remember remember the 5th of November!
Come celebrate Guy Fawkes Day with an OC dinner!

Thursday, November 5th at 7:00pm

Fuddruckers
10500 South State Street (In front of Target)
Sandy, Utah

Fuddruckers = great burgers, no waiters (good for the big group), enough space, gun friendly, <$10 per person.

We can't expect to ever find a day that works for everybody, so I just picked the best day I could think of!

Any questions?

Can someone please post this on UCC?

b1ack5mith

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
This thread doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, so I thought I would try to step in and get @#$% done!

Remember remember the 5th of November!
Come celebrate Guy Fawkes Day with an OC dinner!

Thursday, November 5th at 7:00pm

Fuddruckers
10500 South State Street (In front of Target)
Sandy, Utah

Fuddruckers = great burgers, no waiters (good for the big group), enough space, gun friendly, <$10 per person.

We can't expect to ever find a day that works for everybody, so I just picked the best day I could think of!

Any questions?

Can someone please post this on UCC?
i think i can make this one :p

UtahJarhead

imported post

It is going somewhere. just got off of the phone with the district manager of Red Robin. They have no problem with hosting a group of 20 OC'ers or so. However, if Fuddruckers in Sandy is already a go, then I'll cancel with RR.

ScottyT

imported post

Red Robin in January.

Fuddruckers is great because people can trickle in and not have to worry about holding the wait staff up (or stopping fellow OCers from eating).

Having been a waiter before, I am kind of opposed to bringing big groups into restaurants with a traditional wait staff, because it sucks for all parties involved.

We only had a dozen people or so at my OC Birthday dinner at RR last year, but even that many resulted in VERY slow service and more than one plate of cold food.

rpyne

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
I've seen other areas and states hosting Open Carry dinners where all of the participants OC and simply all go out to dinner as such. I haven't seen this for Utah. Does nobody here in the Utah section organize them?
Then there was the September camp out which I barely missed, and just 3 nights ago my welcome party that you missed. ;)

There are many more that I don't have pictures of, but you get the idea.
All you gotta do is say when and where, and we'll show up! :celebrate
Don't forget our day at the Zoo with the kids. It was great fun!

rpyne

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
packingmama wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Why not a barbecue in a park I have a grill that is dying to be used.
Too cold! And dark too early.
I agree, too cold now! :uhoh: Unless we are all going ice skating, park city alpine slide, etc. something that involves having fun outside!
wait a minute... theres an ice skating place around here!? wow when do we get to go!? i havent gone ice skating in... 12 years! man i miss it! ok packingmama, you mentioned it, youre setting it up!
Outdoor rink at Utah Lake State Park and the Olympic indoor arena in Provo.