• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

mp06011999

Floyd Lamb at Tule Springs

Anybody here organized a group open carry into a City or County park? Is there another thread I should be visiting for this?

Thanks

mp06011999

Letter to the Mayor

Yes we did try about 1.5 year ago. We were told we would be arrested.

Are they ignoring State law because of some "grandfathered laws" loophole?

I just sent this to Mayor Goodman #2. Will post the reply, if any.

Per NRS 407.0475 No city or county shall establish restrictions on the possession of firearms within the park which are more restrictive than the laws of this State and any regulation which violates this provision shall be void.

So, the "park rule" prohibiting firearms appears void per State Law. Please explain on what authority the city uses to ignore state law. Am I missing something? I wish to open carry in city parks and do not wish to violate the law.

Please advise. Sincerely,
M### P#####

Last edited:

wrightme

Could Grapeshot stop derailing our threads? That would be great. Talk about OT...and not the first time.

He made a reasonable rational suggestion. The response to that suggestion was the derailment. A simple 'thanks for the idea, we have already been down that road' would have prevented any derailment. Presenting rudeness and 'get out of our thread' was uncalled for.

His post was on topic. His subsequent posts were part of his position as a mod.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Are they ignoring State law because of some "grandfathered laws" loophole?

I just sent this to Mayor Goodman #2. Will post the reply, if any.

Sort of. The AG has stated that because of a footnote in the NRS, that by the way was removed, they can do this. The Mayor will be zero help as she has no real juice in the county.

The Big Guy

A careful worded question to your Attorney General might provide an interim step.

What is really needed is a statute with teeth/penalties in it. For that you will need legislation.

That has been tried. I have written to her and the response was in a nutshell that she does not work for the citizens and has no duty to respond to our queries. She made it known that she is answerable to only the state and local officials, which is curious because her office stands for election. She did respond to the DA of Clark County and the summation of legislation she came up with was beyond believability.

The work is in progress to introduce legislation in the upcoming year that would put the "teeth" into pre-emption.

TBG

Merlin

Re: Where did you carry today and how did it go?

I have been in contact with Bob Beers on the city side of it, and he has assured me he will pursue it at his end. I need to follow up with him.

The expectation is either they will:

1. Fix it
2. Assert that they are compliant, which will support the toothy legislation to come, and make the case for its need.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jdholmes

Where did you carry today and how did it go?

He made a reasonable rational suggestion. The response to that suggestion was the derailment. A simple 'thanks for the idea, we have already been down that road' would have prevented any derailment. Presenting rudeness and 'get out of our thread' was uncalled for.

His post was on topic. His subsequent posts were part of his position as a mod.

I must disagree.

His position as a mod would have been too push the whole topic out of this thread...the entire discussion is OT.

Anyway...no skin off my back...I'd just rather see where people carried today. ;)

28kfps

Insulting verbiage/suggestion was made and captured. You have changed the wording in the above.

Deleting & editing are part of my responsibilities - they are not personally motivated......not ever.

Yes it is obvious that I (and others) am not fully up to speed - that is precisely why I addressed it - looking for a response. Surprised that anyone would even suggest that someone interested would be an insult to you. Would you react the same to a resident of your state who might have made a similar suggestion?
How about if Mike Stollenwerk or John Pierce had posted? They both live in Virginia. Surely you do not suggest that they stay off/not post or moderate in the Nevada sub-forum.

Please note that I only respond thus on open forum in response to a public challenge - when the air needs to be cleared for the benefit of others - normally I prefer to use PMs.

Bottom line - anyone may post to any forum, subject to the rules. To suggest otherwise is totally incorrect. Continued public argument on this subject will be edited/deleted.

With all respect, it would appear you lost track of my posting. I never posted anything, insinuated, or commented on any posting or statement that made issue with a non-Nevadan who posted, in regards to this issue and for that matter never in the past. If I have had a problem with a posting or reply, I can assure you it will have nothing to do with which state the poster resides in. As I am open to and welcome any pro-gun persons useful information.

The Big Guy

I have been in contact with Bob Beers on the city side of it, and he has assured me he will pursue it at his end. I need to follow up with him.

The expectation is either they will:

1. Fix it
2. Assert that they are compliant, which will support the toothy legislation to come, and make the case for its need.

See new thread. (Bob Beers)

TBG

Rollbar

Wells Fargo's main branch in Fallon, a few looks but no one concerned.

Ace Hardware and all over Fallon as usual.

Battleborn Billy

Stopped into the quik stop in golden valley on the way home from work. Grabbed a six pack and headed to the front to pay. The cashier asks "are you gonna pay for the beer or take it for free?" I thought he was joking so I replied that I never turn down free beer. Turns out he wasn't joking. He gestured toward my gun and said I could have the beer. I replied "I carry my gun for personal protection only, how much do I owe you sir? He rang the beer up and gave me a total. I politely payed, said thank you and walked out.

Merlin

Re: Where did you carry today and how did it go?

Stopped into the quik stop in golden valley on the way home from work. Grabbed a six pack and headed to the front to pay. The cashier asks "are you gonna pay for the beer or take it for free?" I thought he was joking so I replied that I never turn down free beer. Turns out he wasn't joking. He gestured toward my gun and said I could have the beer. I replied "I carry my gun for personal protection only, how much do I owe you sir? He rang the beer up and gave me a total. I politely payed, said thank you and walked out.

"Sir, when was the last time you were robbed by someone with a visible holster?"

"Do the people that steal it actually bring it to the counter first?"

The sheeple have been well trained...sheesh.