• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Wally World

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, since somone else already necro-ized the thread...

Covington Wally-world, about 10 days ago - about 9:30PM-ish --snipped--

"But who says it's OK?"

"Me. Or you, if you're the one packing. Or <pointing at the gal next in line> her if she wants to. This is an open carry state..." and from there it turned into a short class on open carry as he finished scanning my stuff, with several folks, both customers and employees (including one I think was the assistant manager) standing around with their ears all but jumping off the sides of their heads as they tried to listen in without seeming to. By the time the "incident" was over, I had probably half a dozen people walking along with me as I headed for the door, asking questions and getting answers on armed citizens. As we broke up and went our separate ways outside the doors, I couldn't resist the old "G.I. Joe" tagline... "And now you know - and remember: knowing is half the battle!" as I got on my bike and rode off :)

As Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story."

To be washed, rinsed, and repeated as often as is necessary.
icon14.png

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well, since somone else already necro-ized the thread... By the time the "incident" was over, I had probably half a dozen people walking along with me as I headed for the door, asking questions and getting answers on armed citizens.

A great demonstration of Citizenship. Keeping it real and dispelling untruths. Good on you!

1911er

1. What "gun violence"? Where? You are using the boilerplate terms they have designed for you. This assists the antis in holders brainwashing strategy.

2. That, Sir, is what we are for. We are the 'Shock Troops" of the Open Carry Movement. Because we Openly Carry well holstered handguns, do not break the law, and we are all incredibly good looking, that makes us Mighty. We are the normal, every day People of Washington. We just happen to be Armed.

I agree completely at least the good looking Part. But then again my wife might be biased or is it blind but she tells me I am good looking all the time. She says I look like one of her favourite country stars. ( I didn't know that Junior samples was a country star) you old guys will get that part.