• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC into Banks?

JmE

I too dumped 5/3rd bank after banking with them practically all of my adult life. They don't want our money apparently. ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I just want to express how happy I am that nobody is kicking around the hogwash of "it's FDIC insured so it's a federal facility".

Unfortunately, banks are not impressed by thresats or promises to take your money elsewhere unless you are taking about several commas between a lot of zeros. Banks are influenced more by borrowers than they are by depositers

Credit unions are a bit easier to deal with because you are not dealing with a multi-state/national organization. That, and the fact that it is fairly easy to put an item on the agenda of the annual members' meeting. But that should not be read as meaning you should not attend the bank's annual shareholders' meeting and try to get the issue discussed if not voted on. And if they have a Facebook page you might be able to get some discussion going without getting totally banned. Get your copy of the anti-rights folks' playbook http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/08...-to-playbook-to-capitalize-on-tragedies-81203 and start using their techniques against them.

stay safe.