• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC newbie, just some general questions. :)

keith1993may

kathryn. welcome to oc.org . i also live in richmond county and oc everywhere! need any advice about our area just lmk. so far i havent encountered any problems. of course i havent encountered any leo while oc. for the most part our sheriff dept supports gun laws. rockingham pd can probably be an ass about it. hamlet pd are laid back on it. carry on!

solus

bc, thanks for the VA cite, just ran into someone from VA who's son just turn 18 and daddy bout coughed up a hair ball when i looked at the son and said, 'goodie you can now OC in your home state'...

now i have some material to give to the son for their reading pleasure...

again tks...

ipse

Kopis

I always encourage people who are new to firearms to go to a local range and rent a few pistols. Many ranges have a "free gun rental night". You can speak with the counter person, handle a bunch of pistols then rent a few that feel the most natural to you. If you plan to shoot regularly, i always recommend a 9mm. Range ammo is the cheapest of 380, 40 and 45 and when you're carrying it, there are some fantastic newer technology bullets like the hornaday critical duty +P, Federal HST and a few others that perform nearly identical to .40 rounds.

Chief1297

I am a big fan of the .38 +P round and never feel under gunned with it and am impressed with the fact that you carry. I am actually more impressed at the declaration of belonging to the Democratic party. Most dems I know are embarrassed about admitting to it now-a-days. Welcome to the site!!