• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Pamphlet Update

Nuttycomputer

imported post

I must have missed this getting released. It looks good. I would only nitpick one thing (Maybe that's because I'm under 21)

Since Utah accepts any permit from any state or county 18 year olds could carry a loaded firearm.

This is the section on the first page of this pamphlet that I am speaking of:

Anybody over the age of 18, with a clean criminal record, can own a firearm. You have to be over 21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer, but only 18 to own (and carry “unloaded”) a handgun.

It specifies you only have to be 18 to carry an unloaded handgun and could be read two ways.The way I initially read it was that until 21 you could onlycarry unloaded.Like I said it's only a nitpick and the pamphlet is a great asset. Perhaps it could be changed to this for clarity:

Anybody age 18 and older, with a clean criminal record,may own and carry a firearm. However, you must be atleast21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer.
This way age doesn't specify concealed carry or open carry and the rest of the pamphlet describes the applicable laws.

MudPounder

Banned
imported post

Nuttycomputer wrote:
I must have missed this getting released. It looks good. I would only nitpick one thing (Maybe that's because I'm under 21)

Since Utah accepts any permit from any state or county 18 year olds could carry a loaded firearm.

This is the section on the first page of this pamphlet that I am speaking of:

Anybody over the age of 18, with a clean criminal record, can own a firearm. You have to be over 21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer, but only 18 to own (and carry “unloaded”) a handgun.

It specifies you only have to be 18 to carry an unloaded handgun and could be read two ways.The way I initially read it was that until 21 you could onlycarry unloaded.Like I said it's only a nitpick and the pamphlet is a great asset. Perhaps it could be changed to this for clarity:

Anybody age 18 and older, with a clean criminal record,may own and carry a firearm. However, you must be atleast21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer.
This way age doesn't specify concealed carry or open carry and the rest of the pamphlet describes the applicable laws.
where can I purchase this bible? is it at deseret book? Is it MTC material?

crossbreed

imported post

ooh ooooh oooooh can I schedule the first discussions and shcedule to be baptized?

LOL:D