• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for Centralia 4th parade

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
so because you are ashamed of your service doesn't mean I have to be of mine. Your put it in the stable theory defies history.

Sorry Bear, I am not ashamed of my service. Quite the contrary I am proud of it. I am also proud ofmy accomplishmentsin the 40 years that followed it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
so because you are ashamed of your service doesn't mean I have to be of mine. Your put it in the stable theory defies history.

Sorry Bear, I am not ashamed of my service. Quite the contrary I am proud of it. I am also proud ofmy accomplishmentsin the 40 years that followed it.
Then why is it a subject you want in the stable?

Trigger Dr

imported post

This is my OPINION, for me and me alone. My service went from 1958 through 1965..I spent time in VN also.I am immensely proud of that time spent, andmost of the things accomplished.I wish to not talk about it because it is history and NOTHING said by me or any other person can possibly change it. Any thing I would say would be the truth as I experienced it and may not be the same as someone else at the same time and place as I. Perception is reality.

That is why I think it should be put to bed.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I cooked a pizza in the BBQ on my sailboat today. The crust got burnt in the middle, I couldn't find my cutting knife so I had to use an AK 47 bayonet.

t3rmin

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I cooked a pizza in the BBQ on my sailboat today. The crust got burnt in the middle, I couldn't find my cutting knife so I had to use an AK 47 bayonet.
Mmm.... Kalashnikolicous!

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
This is my OPINION, for me and me alone. My service went from 1958 through 1965..I spent time in VN also.I am immensely proud of that time spent, andmost of the things accomplished.I wish to not talk about it because it is history and NOTHING said by me or any other person can possibly change it. Any thing I would say would be the truth as I experienced it and may not be the same as someone else at the same time and place as I. Perception is reality.

That is why I think it should be put to bed.
So you want to ignore history and learn nothing from it?

kparker

imported post

Bear,

Would you give it a quadruple-f*ing rest!!!

Or if there's something you must go on about long after all the onlookers are deathly sick of it, take it to PM.

Bear 45/70

imported post

kparker wrote:
Bear,

Would you give it a quadruple-f*ing rest!!!

Or if there's something you must go on about long after all the onlookers are deathly sick of it, take it to PM.
So who appointed you the thread god?

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

911Boss wrote:
My opinion is that you (Bear) are a fool. Judging by the PM's I have received since joining this forum when we have our little spats, it seemsabout6 out of 7 people agree with me.

**UPDATE** It is now 7 out of 8....

**UPDATE** It is now 9 out of 10.... keep those votes, er... PM's coming!

Bear 45/70

imported post

911Boss wrote:
911Boss wrote:
My opinion is that you (Bear) are a fool. Judging by the PM's I have received since joining this forum when we have our little spats, it seemsabout6 out of 7 people agree with me.

**UPDATE** It is now 7 out of 8....

**UPDATE** It is now 9 out of 10.... keep those votes, er... PM's coming!
Opinions are like a$$holes, you all are one. yeah, I'm such a fool I retired at 55 and all my income is none taxable.

user2050

imported post

Sorry for the hijack.

so according to Bear, early retirement, and hidden income meanone isnot a fool? That'sBear's measurement of lack of foolishness? I don't share this.

These acheivementscould just mean that one worked their butt off theirduring their lifeneglecting their family , and found some legal loop hole to cheat the govt out of taxes. So if this was the case, then I would still consider thosefoolish actions, what that person gained, I would count as loss, and shame.

I wish "someone" would help me understand how much more safe I'd be with a speedloader and a revolver, than just a hi-cap. Is it measureable?

best regards

Bear 45/70

imported post

user2050 wrote:
Sorry for the hijack.

so according to Bear, early retirement, and hidden income meanone isnot a fool? That'sBear's measurement of lack of foolishness? I don't share this.

These acheivementscould just mean that one worked their butt off theirduring their lifeneglecting their family , and found some legal loop hole to cheat the govt out of taxes. So if this was the case, then I would still consider thosefoolish actions, what that person gained, I would count as loss, and shame.

I wish "someone" would help me understand how much more safe I'd be with a speedloader and a revolver, than just a hi-cap. Is it measureable?

best regards
I never said a word about hi-caps being unsafe. You need to bone up on you reading skills. Secondly, the only thing unsafe was the lack of knowledge for only carrying a mag in the gun with no spares. Mags fail and without a spare you just get to die. Wheel guns are safer in thatthe don't ever have FTF or FTE problems. But then you must know this, as knowledgeable as you are.

user2050

imported post

I made no statements accusing you of saying hi-caps are not safe, so let's ignore those inaccurate comments for now.

Focus on the question, itstill stands.

How much more safe? is it a meaningful amount? According to your wisdom, wheelguns never misfire, so let's say they are 100% reliable. Is this true? Just for comparative purposes, let's say so.

So how much less safe are guns with just one mag? And after how many shots will this FTF occur? (cause we know an assumption that they'll fail immediately is not correct)

Gene Beasley

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
So I decided I would commit to open carrying all day on the 4th, in honor of our country's great heritage of liberty, and with a nod to National Open Carry Day.

My wife and son and some family friends and I all went to the parade. There was a big turnout, so we had to park several blocks away and walk, strong side to to the road, past families and LEOs, to find a spot to sit.

Stood around talking for a while, people everywhere, and my gun feeling huge and conspicuous hanging out there (well it is a Hi-Point :p). But nobody said a word and nobody freaked out and ran away. And the sky did not, in fact fall.

After the parade, we walked a different route back, and headed over to the police trailer -- our friend who was with us is a police reserve and wanted to say "hi". They didn't even bat an eye seeing me walk up with a lawfully-carried pistol.

I'd also informed somebody from work about National Open Carry Day, and although we didn't connect, he was at the parade as well, open carrying a revolver.

Big props to Centralia PD and the general public for making this non-issue a non-issue, just like it should be.

It was a great day to be an American. I'm still basking in the glow of my first big public open carry. :celebrate
Ooooh, look! The OP that has stuff on Centralia PD, National OC day, a parade (who doesn't like a parade?), cool stuff, eh?

[rant] I could give a rat's ass what you carry. These last two pages of crap do nothing to make people want to stay here; new or not so new members. I'm sure everyone here has spent time on another gun forum and finally said enough and hasn't been back. How many guests never joined or member have left because of this. I've steered several people new tothe idea of OChere. Haven't seen them join. Could be any number of things. I would hate to find out it was the likes ofthis. If you feel the need to continue this pissing match, please take it to PM. [/rant]

Hammer

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?
I'll bet there's a common thread to most of 'em. Anyone care to guess what it might be? :banghead:

Hammer

imported post

Congrats and I hope every day is so OC friendly in Centralia!
I hope my area will... :celebrate

t3rmin wrote:
So I decided I would commit to open carrying all day on the 4th, in honor of our country's great heritage of liberty, and with a nod to National Open Carry Day.

My wife and son and some family friends and I all went to the parade. There was a big turnout, so we had to park several blocks away and walk, strong side to to the road, past families and LEOs, to find a spot to sit.

Stood around talking for a while, people everywhere, and my gun feeling huge and conspicuous hanging out there (well it is a Hi-Point :p). But nobody said a word and nobody freaked out and ran away. And the sky did not, in fact fall.

After the parade, we walked a different route back, and headed over to the police trailer -- our friend who was with us is a police reserve and wanted to say "hi". They didn't even bat an eye seeing me walk up with a lawfully-carried pistol.

I'd also informed somebody from work about National Open Carry Day, and although we didn't connect, he was at the parade as well, open carrying a revolver.

Big props to Centralia PD and the general public for making this non-issue a non-issue, just like it should be.

It was a great day to be an American. I'm still basking in the glow of my first big public open carry. :celebrate