• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Rifle event

TOF

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
TOF wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
like_the_roman wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
So essentially what your saying anyone against Arpaio is automatically for illegals? There is no alternative to arpaio and his gross corruption?

And don't take this as hostility, it's not. I'm just trying to attempt to understand why against arpaio = for illegals, marxist, etc.
Look at the people who are opposed to Arpaio: the National Council of La Raza, MeCHA, SDS, all the far-left Marxist groups. Since Arpaio is practically the only law enforcement officer in the state who isn't in fear of the La Raza racial lobby, removing Arpaio would be handing the fifth-column groups a gigantic win.

And I don't see how he "corrupt," any more than say, Clarence Dupnik. That just seems like a smear from the above groups just like "racist" or "xenophobe." They want him removed not because he's "corrupt" but because he doesn't bend over to the interests of cheap-labor loving big business and the far-left lobbies. Even when he went to ASU, they just sang a parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody" because they couldn't come up with anything of substance to take him down. They've got nothing. (You weren't one of the people singing, were you?)

I would suggest more independent googling than listening to right wing television shows.

And no, I am not a big fan of stupidity in large groups. I've simply done my research and find other people to be a much better fit for the job.

Not to pry, but you don't have many mexican/spanish/latin descent friends, do you? It's much easier to like Arpaio when your skin is the same tinge as his.
Having brown skin friends or relatives has very little to do with it XD9. I have a number of both that agree with me on this issue.

It seems to be a pretty big issue with some of my friends down here. I do not agree with racial profiling of any sort. If we're supposed to be equal than be equal. I am sure many of you do not like to be profiled.

Then of course you can add in the extreme pay he gives his people, the mass amounts of lawsuits he is costing the state, the overall ego of his. There are quite a few sites now with a laundry list of complaints against the guy.
Racial Profiling:

If a White commits a crime should the police stop and interogate all Blacks?

If a Black commits a crime should all Orientals be stopped and interogated?

Profiling is a necessary part of everybodies everyday life so get over it.

If I want to purchase a pair of trowsers should I go to McDonalds first?

I prefer to reference my profile of various commercial establishments and go directly to a store I know sells clothing.

We somehow just returned to that evil word reasonable. Is it reasonable to not profile?

How you might answerwould depend on whether you are the criminal or burger joint or neither.

An invader will never be equal to me. Illegal aliens are invaders.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

TOF wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
TOF wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
like_the_roman wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
So essentially what your saying anyone against Arpaio is automatically for illegals? There is no alternative to arpaio and his gross corruption?

And don't take this as hostility, it's not. I'm just trying to attempt to understand why against arpaio = for illegals, marxist, etc.
Look at the people who are opposed to Arpaio: the National Council of La Raza, MeCHA, SDS, all the far-left Marxist groups. Since Arpaio is practically the only law enforcement officer in the state who isn't in fear of the La Raza racial lobby, removing Arpaio would be handing the fifth-column groups a gigantic win.

And I don't see how he "corrupt," any more than say, Clarence Dupnik. That just seems like a smear from the above groups just like "racist" or "xenophobe." They want him removed not because he's "corrupt" but because he doesn't bend over to the interests of cheap-labor loving big business and the far-left lobbies. Even when he went to ASU, they just sang a parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody" because they couldn't come up with anything of substance to take him down. They've got nothing. (You weren't one of the people singing, were you?)

I would suggest more independent googling than listening to right wing television shows.

And no, I am not a big fan of stupidity in large groups. I've simply done my research and find other people to be a much better fit for the job.

Not to pry, but you don't have many mexican/spanish/latin descent friends, do you? It's much easier to like Arpaio when your skin is the same tinge as his.
Having brown skin friends or relatives has very little to do with it XD9.  I have a number of both that agree with me on this issue.

It seems to be a pretty big issue with some of my friends down here. I do not agree with racial profiling of any sort. If we're supposed to be equal than be equal. I am sure many of you do not like to be profiled.

Then of course you can add in the extreme pay he gives his people, the mass amounts of lawsuits he is costing the state, the overall ego of his. There are quite a few sites now with a laundry list of complaints against the guy.
Racial Profiling:

If a White commits a crime should the police stop and interogate all Blacks?

If a Black commits a crime should all Orientals be stopped and interogated?

Profiling is a necessary part of everybodies everyday life so get over it.

If I want to purchase a pair of trowsers should I go to McDonalds first?

I prefer to reference my profile of various commercial establishments and go directly to a store I know sells clothing.

We somehow just returned to that evil word reasonable. Is it reasonable to not profile?

How you might answer would depend on whether you are the criminal or burger joint or neither.

An invader will never be equal to me. Illegal aliens are invaders.

Correct, but does that mean you pull over every hispanic driver or go through actual means instead like say......following up with ICE and going off tips and current leads rather than hassling motorists of this state?

like_the_roman

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:

Believe it or not, I listen to NPR. I don't watch FOX, I'm not a dittohead, I'm not a Republican, I'm not even an NRA member. My family is related to the Daleys of Chicago (not that I like to advertise that). I'm not some frothing at the mouth "right wing" maniac as your college professors would have you believe.

Do your research on what the NCLR and MeCHA (the main groups who are opposed to Arpaio) are pushing. I was totally oblivious to the illegal immigration issue until one of the La Raza people, Dolores Huerta, came to my school to speak. I had no idea of the sheer amount of hatred they have for whites (and other groups) who live in the Southwest who aren't part of the "bronze race." The "Spritual Plan of Aztlan" calls for taking over all of the Southwest by "driving the exploiter out of our communities, our pueblos, and our lands." These aren't fringe groups -- they get federal & state funding and are represented in high schools and universities.

Arpaio is the only fly in their ointment. Whatever so-called "corruption" that these groups accuse him of takes a back seat to the danger of ethnic irredentism that they brazenly advocate. The 'Recall Arpaio' site only has Saban as an 'alternative' candidate, who is just as pro-immigration as Arpaio is opposed, which shows that the people mainly interested in defeating Arpaio are not opposed to 'corruption' but rather his use of 287(g) to go after illegal immigrants.

like_the_roman

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote
Correct, but does that mean you pull over every hispanic driver or go through actual means instead like say......following up with ICE and going off tips and current leads rather than hassling motorists of this state?
This is what I told a Hispanic woman who was complaining in class about racial profiling:

If you don't want to be mistaken for an illegal immigrant, then don't aid and abet them. Turn them in. Don't give them support, so when they are all driven out only the legal immigrants and citizens will be left.

She told me "I won't be a traitor to my race" which shows you exactly where her loyalties are set, and why racial profiling is still around.

GWbiker

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
I can handle the heat just fine thanks tough guy. I meet with plenty of people who've played in the sand box. One of my best friends is DoD now after a nice career with the Army. A vast majority of my friends are OIF veterans.

Well hearing all those war stories most certainly would give you a first hand view of the military.

I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but generally when you're trying to recruit in a political atmosphere (and 2A is VERY political) it helps to be politically NEUTRAL to avoid polarization. Trying to get the anti-gun crowd will UNDOUBTEDLY have you run into a democrat. Spewing the anti-dem rhetoric will make them run as far away from the 2A cause as they can.

So stop the intimidation grandpa before you give yourself a stroke.

Why don't you put your Internet Balls back into your pants, Junior. Come attend our next PHX OC dinner and calmly express your views to all beyond the keyboard.

IF you're man enough to do so!

LuvmyXD9

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
I can handle the heat just fine thanks tough guy. I meet with plenty of people who've played in the sand box. One of my best friends is DoD now after a nice career with the Army. A vast majority of my friends are OIF veterans.

Well hearing all those war stories most certainly would give you a first hand view of the military.

I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but generally when you're trying to recruit in a political atmosphere (and 2A is VERY political) it helps to be politically NEUTRAL to avoid polarization. Trying to get the anti-gun crowd will UNDOUBTEDLY have you run into a democrat. Spewing the anti-dem rhetoric will make them run as far away from the 2A cause as they can.

Why don't you put your Internet Balls back into your pants, Junior. Come attend our next PHX OC dinner and calmly express your views to all beyond the keyboard.

Quite to the contrary, my friends don't speak of their "war stories". I'm sure their nightmares tell enough. They are well aware of my gratitude though, and I am grateful for any who have served, regardless of whether or not I see eye to eye with them.

I have no qualms with coming to an OC dinner and talking to some people if the discussion can be civil and without the bashing. I only lash back when the slinging starts.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote
This is what I told a Hispanic woman who was complaining in class about racial profiling:

If you don't want to be mistaken for an illegal immigrant, then don't aid and abet them. Turn them in. Don't give them support, so when they are all driven out only the legal immigrants and citizens will be left.

She told me "I won't be a traitor to my race" which shows you exactly where her loyalties are set, and why racial profiling is still around.

See this is what I mean. I don't give a @#$% who spouts off the information. I'll check it for accuracy, and if it sticks, it sticks. Facts aren't biased.

From what I have seen, Arpaio pays his employees FAR higher than everyone else accordingly. As I'm fiscally conservative this is an issue.

He is on the receiving end of NUMEROUS lawsuits. This is costing the taxpayers TONS of money. Again, fiscally conservative. Problem.

I don't believe in profiling. As it sits now, we could use all resources towards tips on illegals and border enforcement. But no, we don't.

Arpaio constantly turns down debates. Wonder why.
Arpaio slandered Dan Saban instead of taking him head on.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
For all of you guys that are bitching about there's nothing wrong with long gun OC, stop bull@#$%ting and start doing it. Walk around DAILY with your rifle if you're sooooooo eager to change the perception.

This is an interesting suggestion.

Could this simple suggestion actually settle the matter????

I gotta think so.

I remember a couple of guys from Virginia who talked (and talked) about OCing a rifle. A lot of VA OCDOers thought they were cool and patriotic and all that. These two guys basked in the glory of all the acclaim.

Danbus and Reverend73 never did do it though. It would be interesting to ask them why they didn't do what they said they wanted to do....

Might provide some insight that could be used in the AZ situation.

Merry Xmas, everybody!

Silent Night, Holy Night!
All Is Calm, All Is Bright.
Round Yon Virgin, Mother and Child
Holy Infant So Tender and Mild,
Sleep in Heavenly Peace,
Sleep in Heavenly Peace.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TOF wrote:
ixtow wrote:
TOF wrote:
Some of you seem to believe "reasonable" is a dirty word. Do you mean to tell us that unreasonable is the life style you want to live.

I happen to believe that theft, rape murder andcarrying a large number of black or other rifles to political gatheringsamong other things are unreasonable actions. Are you telling us that you support those as well as other unreasonable activities.
I find it interesting that you ask questions with a period at the end of the sentence.

And to respond to your sarcasm, no. No I do not. But, 'reasonable' is a dirty word when you assert that 'reasonable' is defined as:

'Let lies that destroy our Constitution persist when proving them false is as easy as slinging a rifle and taking a walk. Something that simple is not allowed because someone, somewhere might wet their panties.'

To me, 'reasonable' means:

'I'm going to do something simple and legal to prove to others that there is a lie in their mind twisting their perception. I will help my fellow man understand the deception he has fallen for, even if it means I might 'offend' those who have no hope of understanding. I am willing to endure the slings and arrows of even my supposed brothers in this fight who just plain don't get it. Maybe, someday, they'll thank me. Maybe they won't. I don't care; it isn't about praise or glory, for surely, I'll receive only the opposite... But I'm gonna do it anyway.'

I was once told by a constitution-hating police academy instructor that integrity is doing the right thing even when no one will ever know. I know he is wrong, because the true measure of integrity is doing what is right even when the whole world will kick your ass for it. Anyone can do anything when there are no witnesses and no consequences. But can you reject the rewards of a lie, accept punishment for doing what is right, and stand your ground even when you know you're about to take a beating for it?

Integrity is doing what is right, even when EVERYONE is watching.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. Damn near impossible if you don't sell your soul.

I don't find it at all surprising that you would pick on punctuation marks rather than say something meaningfull.

If you are so full of the desire to teach the average citizen that Black Rifles are not evil nor is it illegal to walk around with them slung across your shoulder, why don't you go on a walkabout in Florida carrying one through lets say downtown Miami, Orlando or Tampa. That would go a long way to prove your Integrity.

Perhaps the media will assist by publishing stories of your good deeds for you.

You may correct punctuation as desired.

Dream on.
I wasn't picking on your punctuation. Merely stating that your 'questions' are clearly not of an inquisitive nature, and it may have had a subconscious manifestation...

Yup, dream on... :uhoh:

kenpoprofessor

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:

Quite to the contrary, my friends don't speak of their "war stories". I'm sure their nightmares tell enough. They are well aware of my gratitude though, and I am grateful for any who have served, regardless of whether or not I see eye to eye with them.

I have no qualms with coming to an OC dinner and talking to some people if the discussion can be civil and without the bashing. I only lash back when the slinging starts.

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
Thomas Jefferson

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:

I'm sure there is a way to work these things out...

cage.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Maybe I'll regret this, but...

I don't think that's a wise thing for you to advertise, HankT.... There are probably a lot of people who would like such an opportunity with you.

The links in the fence are like the play doh fun factory if you push hard enough....

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
For all of you guys that are bitching about there's nothing wrong with long gun OC, stop bull@#$%ting and start doing it. Walk around DAILY with your rifle if you're sooooooo eager to change the perception.

This is an interesting suggestion.

Could this simple suggestion actually settle the matter????

I gotta think so.

I remember a couple of guys from Virginia who talked (and talked) about OCing a rifle. A lot of VA OCDOers thought they were cool and patriotic and all that. These two guys basked in the glory of all the acclaim.

Danbus and Reverend73 never did do it though. It would be interesting to ask them why they didn't do what they said they wanted to do....

Might provide some insight that could be used in the AZ situation.

Merry Xmas, everybody!

Silent Night, Holy Night!
All Is Calm, All Is Bright.
Round Yon Virgin, Mother and Child
Holy Infant So Tender and Mild,
Sleep in Heavenly Peace,
Sleep in Heavenly Peace.
I practice LGOCall the time in Virginia, no problems. Not just talk, but action Hank.

Still bashing gun owners Hank? Even at Christmas?

kenpoprofessor

imported post

http://www.alamogordonews.com/alamogordo-opinion/ci_14109162

Small gun groups don't stand chance vs. U.S. government
Alamogordo Daily News
Michael Glover, Alamogordo
Posted:01/02/2010 12:00:00 AM MST

You've got to hand it to these wingnut, right-wing fringe lunatics. They are a tenacious bunch and they really have the passive-aggressive tantrum act down to an art, don't they?
After thoroughly embarrassing themselves last year with their self-appointed moniker of simple "tea baggers" before researching the various nuances of the term, now they simply want to have a "tea party" in the park without, of course, the cups, saucers, scones, crumpets and extended pinkies Š or even tea, for that matter.
This time, they want to "exercise" their Second Amendment "rights" by packing and displaying firearms. As a firearm owner and Second Amendment advocate, I have to say these people may just serve as a good example of why many in this country would like to see the Second Amendment repealed.
Our Constitution guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms. I own many firearms and am content with my right to own them. Still, there is a big difference between owning and using them at will for recreation or showing up on a street corner (or a movie theater) for a radical, politically-charged protest a gun strapped to your hip.
This is not the Wild West anymore. There is really no reason to open-carry in public like these freaks will do. I interpret "open-carry" to mean that any time I travel in my vehicle with any weapon, I need to have them on the seat, in plain sight, to any law enforcement official I may encounter so that they can be confident I don't have any hidden "surprises" for them. I don't interpret this as some kind of "right" to stroll through Walgreens with a Mac-10 hanging from my shoulder. These people do more damage than good to our Second Amendment rights.
Besides that, they don't even know what they are protesting in the first place! The Obama administration has given no indication that it intends to touch the Second Amendment. The NRA has a long history of whipping conservatives into this same frenzy every time a Democratic president takes office. Again and again, these reactionaries fall for it.
It may be a lot of fun to show off your guns in the park while making a lot of noise and posing an implied threat of overthrowing your own government. If push ever came to shove, though, I'm afraid this "cowboy" mentality just wouldn't hold up long with U.S. soldiers and snipers shooting back.

Wow, this sure sounds like some of the guys here doesn't it?

Clyde

like_the_roman

imported post

Kenpoprofessor, that editorial has all the telltale signs of being a liberal plant.

1. It starts off with a variation on "I'm a gun owner, but..." (just like before last election, there were a lot of letters to the editor that started out with "I'm a conservative, but..." then quickly changed the subject to glorifying the leftist candidate.) Astroturfing at its worst.

2. Then he starts attacking the Tea Parties. If the 'Tea Party' movement organized itself into a political party, it would be more popular than either the Stupid Party or the Evil Party (Ds and Rs, in whatever order you think appropriate.) They never started calling themselves 'tea baggers', it was MSNBC hosts who started calling them that (Olbermann, Maddow, Matthews -- all of whom knew the connotations of the phrase).

3. He uses the typical leftist phrase "It's not the Wild West." No real gun owner would say that because they know better. Statistically the Wild West was far safer than the liberal meccas of San Fran, Chicago, NY, or DC. Being in a state that has always recognized open carry as legal, he should know that it is common and accepted there. He must not be a local.

4. Then he starts saying that the Obama administration has no plans to infringe on the Second Amendment and that the Democrats are unfairly blamed for gun control. Well, considering that the National Firearms Act was passed under Roosevelt, the Gun Control Act of '68 was passed under LBJ, the Brady Bill and the AWB under Clinton -- gun owners have good reason to fear Democratic administrations (unlike leftist's fears that every Republican president wants to reactivate selective service and start drafting people, which never seems to happen.)

5. Leftists like this guy seem to have a short memory. For eight years they agitated against the last administration, spewing rhetoric that bordered on seditious and endlessly fantasizing about impeaching (or assassinating) the president (or having somebody else do it). Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they're suddenly concerned about things like "respect the office, not the man." Riiight.

Back to the topic at hand:

Open carry for rallies is not a good idea. It politicizes an otherwise normal, day-to-day activity. Open carry of a long gun is not a good idea. It goes against the spirit and the letter of the law (in Arizona, at least) which requires that weapons be carried in belt holsters.

Preservation of the tradition of open carry is best done within the context of normal every day life -- shopping, eating at restaurants, dropping off dry-cleaning -- things of that nature. That is the best way we can win the hearts and minds of the populace: by presenting open carry as normal as baseball and apple pie (well, maybe not baseball since the whole steroid thing took off.) You get the idea.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Kenpoprofessor, that editorial has all the telltale signs of being a liberal plant.

Back to the topic.

Open carry for rallies is not a good idea. It politicizes an otherwise normal, day-to-day activity. Open carry of a long gun is not a good idea. It goes against the spirit and the letter of the law (in Arizona, at least) which requires that weapons be carried in belt holsters.

Preservation of the tradition of open carry is best done within the context of normal every day life -- shopping, eating at restaurants, dropping off dry-cleaning -- things of that nature. That is the best way we can win the hearts and minds of the populace: by presenting open carry as normal as baseball and apple pie (well, maybe not baseball since the whole steroid thing took off.) You get the idea.
No, I don't get the idea. Your text reads the same as his, you're just calling him a leftist.

Clyde

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"

like_the_roman

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
No, I don't get the idea. Your text reads the same as his, you're just calling him a leftist.

Clyde
How so? He's calling all open carriers 'freaks' and suggests that they are the reason behind Second Amendment hostility while making random snipes at "right-wingers" and "tea baggers."

That's way different that saying that open carry is great within the bounds of the law and tradition, and that injecting guns into politics more than they already are is a bad idea.

Compare two reactions to open carry in the news recently:

Jizzzle, aka Matthew St. John, was illegally detained at an Alamagordo movie theater for open carrying. As far as I can tell, he is a normal guy who works for the Air Force who just happens to carry a gun on his hip. The judge verbally bitchslapped the Alamagordo PD and gave us a big victory for open carry by saying that open carriers cannot be legally detained (Mr. St. John also got a nice settlement out of it.)

Compare that to kwirkrnu, aka Leonard Embody, who decided it would be a bright idea to carry an AK pattern pistol slung across his back around a Tennessee park complete with BDUs, boots, and full kit. He was detained and got all sorts of bad press for it, even making Mike Stollenwerk (DC Gun Rights examiner and a moderator here on OCDO) condemn the guy. And he (kwirkrnu) still doesn't have the brains to realize what damage he is doing to open carry in the minds of non-gun owning folks.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry's beautiful girlfriend walks naked around the apartment when he's there, and he decides to try it out on her? In the end she told him: "There's good naked and then there is bad naked."

This is bad naked.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:

Clyde
How so? He's calling all open carriers 'freaks' and suggests that they are the reason behind Second Amendment hostility while making random snipes at "right-wingers" and "tea baggers."

That's way different that saying that open carry is great within the bounds of the law and tradition, and that injecting guns into politics more than they already are is a bad idea.

Compare two reactions to open carry in the news recently:

Jizzzle, aka Matthew St. John, was illegally detained at an Alamagordo movie theater for open carrying. As far as I can tell, he is a normal guy who works for the Air Force who just happens to carry a gun on his hip. The judge verbally bitchslapped the Alamagordo PD and gave us a big victory for open carry by saying that open carriers cannot be legally detained (Mr. St. John also got a nice settlement out of it.)

Compare that to kwirkrnu, aka Leonard Embody, who decided it would be a bright idea to carry an AK pattern pistol slung across his back around a Tennessee park complete with BDUs, boots, and full kit. He was detained and got all sorts of bad press for it, even making Mike Stollenwerk (DC Gun Rights examiner and a moderator here on OCDO) condemn the guy. And he (kwirkrnu) still doesn't have the brains to realize what damage he is doing to open carry in the minds of non-gun owning folks.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry's beautiful girlfriend walks naked around the apartment when he's there, and he decides to try it out on her? In the end she told him: "There's good naked and then there is bad naked."

This is bad naked.

Nope, don't remember the episode, I never liked the show. What little I saw of it was mundane and stupid, andit certainlywasn't comedy.

That being said, I understand the "metaphor" being suggested. Tell me where this quote came from, and that's what you're suggesting.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."-Mark Twain

Clyde

Who is John Galt?