• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Stories From SW VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Let me tell you a little about Grapeshot.

He's the single most active gun rights figure, certainly from Fredricksburg South and probably in the state, we have.

He dedicates a fair amount of time every single day to some gun rights activity. He is at every event, every important hearing at the General Assembly, every protest and when there's nothing else to do, he visits anti gun establishments and tries to turn their way of thinking. Often successfully.

He was in the Hospital last year, literally at deaths door and he still managed to challenge the anti gun policy there.

He's on the Board of Directors of VCDL and is the single most moderating voice there. He and a couple of others are the only thing that keep VCDL focused on all gun owners rather than just CHiPpers.

Grapeshot is one of those people who you can always count on,. He'll not only give you his last dollar, he'll borrow more if you need it.

I seriously doubt he'll pull rank for that comment but just to let you know, you thanked the Admins for changing your title, the Moderator did it and you just called him a "Little Twerp".

+1 I'll standby Grapeshot Any time! :banghead:

Bob1

LAC, I don't post very often but that was a low-life thing to say about Dale (Grapeshot).

He's a true gentleman and I'm happy to see you've already been called out on that ridiculous comment.

Don't get too comfortable here on the forum, your tenure is likely to be quite short if you don't brush that chip off your shoulder.

Law_Abiding_Citizen

Look it is like this, he might be a great guy and all, but he obviously did NOT read his "proof" he posted. I apologize for calling him a little twerp, I was out of line on that one, but I can't stand people that don't read their own proof, specially when they are trying so hard to make a point that they end up making someone else point instead. Sorry but it is the way I am, it's like telling Jim to jump off the bridge, telling him it is a 75 foot fall onto concrete, that he will be ok, then showing him a Youtube video of a watermelon falling 35 feet and busting and going everywhere... >.> Understand? K good.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Look it is like this, he might be a great guy and all, but he obviously did NOT read his "proof" he posted. I apologize for calling him a little twerp, I was out of line on that one, but I can't stand people that don't read their own proof, specially when they are trying so hard to make a point that they end up making someone else point instead. Sorry but it is the way I am, it's like telling Jim to jump off the bridge, telling him it is a 75 foot fall onto concrete, that he will be ok, then showing him a Youtube video of a watermelon falling 35 feet and busting and going everywhere... >.> Understand? K good.

Sigh....

You apparently did not read beyond the 4th line in that link. That example (which I did read and was already familiar) served as a point that even Myth Busters doesn't always get it right and they were then faulted.

I will grant that a point blank shotgun blast to a ceramic chest plate will likely cause someone to fall backwards, but there is no handgun round that will ever knock or blow someone back, much less a .22 cal. That is frankly ludicrous; and that is precisely what you suggested.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Law_Abiding_Citizen
But, I would prefer something that could possibly knock them to the ground if not pick them up and carry them a couple of feet to where they would be totally out of the equation altogether.
Hrm, maybe it wouldn't carry them far but it would knock them off their feet and they would land a few feet from where their feet were. I didn't mean the picking them up and carrying them to be taken literal. But within reasonability.

Originally I made light of it by reference to Hollywood and a smiley. That you have chosen to take me to task for that and show ridicule is the real shame of it. Yet you continue.

Further there is ample scientific proof that the weight/mass, velocity et al cannot and will not do what you claim. It is not within the realm of "reasonability."

Jay

How old are you? The way you speak and the things you say frankly scare the (insert explicitive) out of me. Your attitude sucks you are new person to this forum. We welcome new persons with open arms and in hopes of educating an guidance. However your words spew like vomit and you have disrespected one of the most respected gun rights supporters in Virginia (grapeshot).

So if you want to learn and share your stories great, but please do not disrespect a senior member on here especially one who I suspect has been doing this before you were even a twinkle in your daddies eye.

Law_Abiding_Citizen

Shoulda copy pasted what I typed up here in this post so I could put it back in. Let's see if I can remember most of it...

Grape I did NOT say a .22 would do that, and it IS possible for someone to get knocked back a couple of feet from a handgun of higher caliber, loaded properly. (This is gonna be shorter than the original..)

Jay what did I type that makes you so scared? Yeah I have an attitude when someone has misinformed "proof" which proves it can happen as opposed to can't like they said. But please Jay, tell me what I typed that scared you, just out of curiousity.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Can someone please lay down the ban hammer already?

I will also jump to Grapeshot's defense. Even if he was wrong, which he wasn't, show a little respect. We tend to lend more creedence to those who have proven themselves to be advocates over someone with 20 posts and poor misguided insults.

Last edited:

TFred

In another thread, a friend of mine (and fellow .45acp admirer) resorted to buying a 9mm for practice. The economy effects all of us! I've considered the same thing. Getting a couple more .22's. Rifle and pistol. Marksmanship practice can be done in any caliber. I wish Newport News had the same (less restrictive) laws as York County for bb and pellet gun discharges. I'd be shooting in my back yard!
Did you miss something, or did I miss something? I haven't been following this thread as closely since it got switched over to a SW VA thread, but...

As of July 1 last year, any local ordinance which prevents you from safely shooting a BB gun on your own property is invalid and unenforceable. Remember this thread, in which we were trying to get folks from each jurisdiction to head up the efforts to fix all the remaining invalid ordinances around the state?

Once we reach Crossover Day (February 15), it's perfectly safe to start banging doors again with the local jurisdictions to start obeying the law!

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--Complete post edited/deleted by Moderator because poster has chosen to reenter deleted content--

All posters are subject to such action as deemed necessary.

I think it is most unfortunate that you chose to attempt to obstruct moderation. Be aware their are more serious sanctions available - the choice is yours.

OCDO is a publicly viewable forum and as such wishes, no demands, a certain decorum. You would seem to think that any attitude or choice of words if they fit your style is acceptable. That is not so. I would strongly suggest a do-over in your approach here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
---snip---

Once we reach Crossover Day (February 15), it's perfectly safe to start banging doors again with the local jurisdictions to start obeying the law!

TFred

Can you confirm Crossover Day? Can't find a definitive source tonight. : (

You indicate the 15th of Feb. I have it down for the 14th, Valentines Day and have seen that date on several other threads.

The Tea Party has announced a Crossover Day Rally on the 13th.
www.facebook.com/richmondteaparty
Join Us for Crossover Lobby Day - Feb 13. Check out my latest campaign by Constant Contact. Event DescriptionVirginia Tea Party members will use the ...

Found the GA calender link on another thread, thanks to you TFred...:D

Crossover Day is the 15th of February
- am sending an email to the Tea Party to see what's going on there.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Can you confirm Crossover Day? Can't find a definitive source tonight. : (

You indicate the 15th of Feb. I have it down for the 14th, Valentines Day and have seen that date on several other threads.

The Tea Party has announced a Crossover Day Rally on the 13th.
www.facebook.com/richmondteaparty
Join Us for Crossover Lobby Day - Feb 13. Check out my latest campaign by Constant Contact. Event DescriptionVirginia Tea Party members will use the ...

Found the GA calender link on another thread, thanks to you TFred...:D

Crossover Day is the 15th of February
- am sending an email to the Tea Party to see what's going on there.

Thanks GS! I had it for the 14th but the Tea Party had it fr the 15th,

Law_Abiding_Citizen

Can someone please lay down the ban hammer already?

I will also jump to Grapeshot's defense. Even if he was wrong, which he wasn't, show a little respect. We tend to lend more creedence to those who have proven themselves to be advocates over someone with 20 posts and poor misguided insults.

Yeah lay down the ban cause this guy has more than 1K posts. Grapeshot was wrong, go back and read, if you possibly can. He is saying that someone cannot be knocked back AT ALL by a high caliber handgun, ONE of his links he posted proved it CAN happen. Was all I was arguing, it don't matter who it was that posted it, whether it be Grapeshot or Droopy Dog, it was the wrong proof. I can't believe yall lol. But moving on and away from that topic where I was RIGHT. No more about it from anyone else and there won't be anymore from me, agreeable? I will agree with that and not bring it up again so long as no one else does. -Rolls eyes-

Status
Not open for further replies.