• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC when selling a car on Craigslist?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
this article may make your decision easier...............

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ragedy-2-accused-of-killing-craigslist-seller

happened just last week.

We can't OC in SC, but I have a CC permit and I would definitely have my carry weapon with me considering situations like this nowadays. Can't trust anyone anymore, I guess. At least, I won't be trusting anyone I don't know personally.
Never invite potential buyers to your home and always have a trusted armed friend as perimeter security when meeting in a well lighted, busy location.

If the vehicle is to be test driven and can't be limited to a large parking lot like Wal-Mart, then your friend should be operating a separate (chase) vehicle. Don't like the security measures? Then I recommend you not sell on Craig's list or similar.