• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC without CC permit - how to drive from place to place?

joeroket

imported post

Drewesque wrote:
Yeah, Joe, I know that CHL holders can open carry in their vehicles, but I'm talking about open carry without a permit. After all, there areplenty ofpeople who don't want to add their name to a list of registeredgun owners.

Of course, in a perfect world, we'd all be able to carry however we want without begging the government for permission.
I agree it would be a more sensible law to allow anyone to carry in thier car loaded. There should be no difference between your car and home. I wish Wa. would make a car an extension of your domicile like other states have done.

swift

imported post

Mightybigjosh wrote:
RCW 9.41.070
...However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

If you applied as a non-resident, they have upto 60 days, not 30. Sorry bout that
Yeah, I was worried about that provision. Lucky for me they either forgot that I was not a resident, or they forgot that they had up to 60 days, or they felt that the minimum "30 day wait" also applied to non-residents, just like they forgot that the law says they have up to 30 days for residents rather than a mandatory minimum 30 day wait for all CPL applicants like they told me.

PW

imported post

SWIFT!!

I had the same damn problem with ICSO 2 years ago! It took a friend of mine 48 hoursto receive his from Oak Harbor. The reason is OHPD (and other agencies which offer aspeedyreturn)has a $25K electronic fingerprint scanner and ICSO does not. They have to snail mail your fingerprints to the WSP in Olympia and waitfor the return. With the electronic scanners, it's nearly instant. When I applied and was told to call back in 30 days I was very familiar with the RCW code and called EVERYONE I could think of including the state patrol, the state attorney general office, and the DOL. It turns out the DOL is the issuing athority, as in they are the ones who keep the records. I spoke with a guy in charge there who told me becuase the code says 'shall issue within 30 days' it is more of a guideline and can't really be enforced. Believe me, I was PO'd and wanted someone's head but there was nothing I could do. I ended up getting it on day 35 or something. it wasjust ridiculous. The guy at the DOL said the best thing to do was to call the Sheriff and let him know how his office is being run.

just_a_car

imported post

Old'ish thread, but since the electronic fingerprint scanner was brought up...

Edmonds PD, where I got mine done, has a new electronic fingerprint scanner and I was the first NON-criminal to actually use it for when I applied for my CPL a couple years back... kinda felt special.:D

It's so nice not to have to wipe off all that ink on your fingers.

amlevin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:

Edmonds PD, where I got mine done, has a new electronic fingerprint scanner and I was the first NON-criminal to actually use it for when I applied for my CPL a couple years back... kinda felt special.:D

Do they have an attractive female technician (like the dept where I had my prints taken last) to hold your hand properly on the scanner:cool::cool:?

swift

imported post

PW: glad to hear that I was not the only one. :) I was amazed when on day 30 they told me that the wait had been long enough (the required 30 days) & that they could finally process the paperwork.

Just a car: tell me about it. It was no fun washing that goop off of my hands. I think it took a couple of days for it to all wear off. :)

just_a_car

imported post

amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Do they have an attractive female technician (like the dept where I had my prints taken last) to hold your hand properly on the scanner:cool::cool:?
Nope, just an old guy with grey hair, but that was a couple years ago... could be a hottie there now, who knows.

Only one way to find out... ;)