• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO letter to Alexandria Police Chief Baker requesting action to halt harassment of open carriers

vrwmiller

imported post

Wooley wrote:
I found 20 some odd of those sticks all over my yard. Oh, and one of those HUGE rockets is on the neighbors roof!

More importantly, did you find anymore pieces from the glass bottle? :lol:

Wooley

imported post

Yes, but only a very small fraction of what one would consider the total bottle.

With all this inside conversationwe're going to have to start a thread about what exactly happened when Wooley, vrw, beer, and fireworks intermingled.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Mike wrote:
I just sent this to APD Chief David Baker using the webmail link of ...Please let me know what you are going to do in this matter.

Sincerely,
Mike Stollenwerk
Co-founder, OpenCarry.org

Excellent letter.

Very good communication.

One of these would be in order for the Norfolk PD.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:

Excellent letter.

Very good communication.

I'm working on it, using Mike's as a rough template.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
HankT wrote:

Excellent letter.

Very good communication.

I'm working on it, using Mike's as a rough template.

Good show.

It seems that NPD is showing distinct signs of:

We're hard-headed/We don't like your ideas/We can do anything we want/You can't stop us syndrome.

Happens to anyone (organization or individual) with even a little bit of power. And they can't even see it. They just create a mental framework that repels any information contrary to their own paradigm.

Mike's letter gets to that mentality straightforwardly and clearly. It is a direct and no-nonsense and professional communication aimed at both educating/informing and demanding appropriate consideration and application of relevant law and procedure.

I suspect some at APD might be miffed at getting taken to school by Mike's letter.

Tough noogies.

Using Mike's letter as a template is a goodidea. Always steal from the best...

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that (so far in my case) Captain Hassan Aden was true to his word. I went to the Yates Car Wash that is next to the McDonald's that I had the "incident" with the APD. I ran into one of the three cops (the Black male LT.) and two more cops that were getting their vehicle washed (so was I). I was OCing in the same clothes that I had on before. They did not bother me at all. Just wanted to say that because of your efforts, I did not get hassled. Thank you!!

2nd Amendment..........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X