• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Lunch 3/9?

Glock27Bill

imported post

Good to see you all, both new friends and familiar VCDL faces.

I had an interesting encounter at the soda machine.

A woman walks up with her two children (boy & girl, about 4-5 years old) and said (in a friendly voice) her kids wanted to know why we were all carrying guns.

I explained we were a group of friends who believe in self-defense, and get together for lunch every once in a while. We talked a little about open carry vs conceal carry, no permit vs permit, and restaurant carry.

It was kind of funny, she wasgenuinely curious for herself and for her kids, absolutely no concern whatsoever.

She may as well been asking "where did you get those shoes, I've been looking for a pair for my husband."

bohdi

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
We need to find places with bigger tables.

+1, I think that it may be hard to do with larger groups. Famous Daves has great seating, and this place had where a good deal of us were out front.

Thanks to NS for picking a date and making a command decision on location. It was great to see you all, my Father IN law enjoyed getting out as did I and the lad.

rebfan

imported post

I thought it went well, and I don't think anyone went running and screaming out of the door.

VAopencarry

imported post

Jeez!! Montana will have seceded from the Union by the time this thing downloads.

Unrequited, Are you taking the lead planning for the OCDO manicure meet up?

IanB

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Jeez!! Montana will have seceded from the Union by the time this thing downloads.
vaguninfo.com is currently accepting cash donations for faster hosting service, however the cash donations will most likely be spent on beer. In the meantime, vaguninfo.com urges all who wish to complain about the slow download speeds to send a complaint to our customer service department.

cbigbrick

imported post

I told you guys I would pay for the WAX jobs!!! :celebrate

Anyways..it was wonderful to meet everyone and I hope to join you guys again. I just did so serious damage to my credit card for a new holster and OTHER accessories.....HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

We should really try and get togather for some shooting.

Cheers,
C

LEO 229

imported post

We still need to find an outdoor rangewhere we know we can all attend and shoot. Maybe make it a combo picnic shootout.

cbigbrick

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
We still need to find an outdoor rangewhere we know we can all attend and shoot. Maybe make it a combo picnic shootout.

Excellent idea!!

Can anyone suggest a range. I only know of Clark Brothers in Warrenton.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you want to shoot rifles and shotguns you canhave an outdoor shooting session at a Wildlife Management area. You will be able to open carry, but you won't be able to shoot handguns.

I ohavn't been to all the wildlife management areas, but they the one I go to is very nice. Not a whole lot of picnic tables and no grills though, but plenty f space.

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

That's a great idea, maybe somebody knows a place for that. It'd be worth a drive.

Only place I can think of is in WV, or possibly the range out in Washington NF, which is a fairly long hike.

We need more friends with more land...those are good friends to have, along with friends that have boats!

LEO 229

imported post

If we find a place.. we can start a thread called "Hot dogs and Handguns..."

We need rich members that have a few acres for us to play on.