• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed Burlington Chocolate Fest, LEOs

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I fixed it for you,

I sir, respectfully decline. I am only; for a moment, entering the world of "what If" as many others have done. It was me gladly waiving my 4AS rights to allow the LEOs to run me, and I have probably caused nothing but crap for future people who these police encounter abiding by the law, no more. If we don't agree, we can at least agree to disagree in a manor absent of malice.

Da Po-lock

younger cop told you to put your gun in your car huh ?

Any cop who tells ANYONE something so stupid ought to be reprimanded.

Too stupid and/or lazy to do their job or learn all aspect of their job. Go flip burgers then.

I'm an electrician and if I don't know my job AND codes inside and out my actions could kill not only me but others as well and I WILL not let that happen.

Obviously any cop who talks this trash don't have any respect for you so why respect them or their "requests" ?

They could give a s*** about your safety or the safety of those you love. All they care about is their payday and their own family. Well, I don't give 2 sh**s about them either then !

Last edited:

wild boar

Please reread first post

any cop who tells anyone something so stupid ought to be reprimanded.

Too stupid and/or lazy to do their job or learn all aspect of their job. Go flip burgers then.

I'm an electrician and if i don't know my job and codes inside and out my actions could kill not only me but others as well and i will not let that happen.

Obviously any cop who talks this trash don't have any respect for you so why respect them or their "requests" ?

They could give a s*** about your safety or the safety of those you love. All they care about is their payday and their own family. Well, i don't give 2 sh**s about them either then !

i was told nothing, i was asked, then declined younger leos request. Lead leo was nothing but respectful.

M

McX

perhapse the encounter would have went better had you offered the cop who wanted you to stow your gun a cheeseburger.

HandyHamlet

and I have caught nothing but crap for it, no more.

BS

Most everyone here have been respectful while trying to relate to you. You caught crap* for TELLING US how you want us to act.

If we would all voluntarily be checked it would not become an issue.

But by all means continue...

* "catching crap" = your words. And I speak for myself.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Nothing to see here. Move along please.

[video=youtube;k4fyk5IThAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4fyk5IThAs[/video]

Last edited:

wild boar

Navylcdr-bad cut and paste

here is where i am torn. I actually want leo to have the ability to check anhyone carrying to see if they are a convicted felon. But, if they insist they have the legal right to demand id when they do not, we are going to have a proiblem. If the ask me if they can see my id to make sure i am not a felon and indicate that i am not required to , i will comply.

wild boar,
i personally don't really care how you interact with leo. What i take exception to is this:
Now, who said what. I take exception too!

What you want is for the 4th amendment to be nullified and for the 2nd amendment to be weakened. I just can't agree with that.
please try to reply with facts if you can.

wild boar

BS

Most everyone here have been respectful while trying to relate to you. You caught crap* for TELLING US how you want us to act.

But by all means continue...

* "catching crap" = your words. And I speak for myself.

Fact, my statement began with "IF", thus a suggestion of the hypothetical, not once was it, or could it be considered a demand. I told no one how to think. I'm sorry, I had no idea that the world of WHAT IF was an exclusive place. Perhaps IF I had known the secret hand shake I would not have lost my right to freedom of speech. OOOPS, SORRY, I SPOKE, my bad.

HandyHamlet

Here is a recent example of how the ID thing and cops shredding our Constitutional Rights goes WAY beyond Open Carry. This sh*t is going on every single day.

Warning: The lies (every single word out of the cops' mouths) is infuriating. Using the photographer's hearing disability against him is inexcusable.

Can't get part one to embed...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMr76atjUA

[video=youtube;-JOFwbiI8fQ&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JOFwbiI8fQ&feature=related[/video]

http://www.pixiq.com/article/maryland-transit-administration-buckles-under-aclu-lawsuitthreat

Posted at 07:05 AM ET, 06/01/2011
ACLU may sue MTA over photographer’s detainment
By Baltimore Sun

Christopher Fussell likes to take pictures of trains and buses. The 29-year-old Oregonian has shot photos and video of transit systems all over the United States.

It wasn't until he came to Baltimore, he said Tuesday, that he was detained for committing photography.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland put the Maryland Transit Administration on notice Tuesday that it intends to file suit over the conduct of transit police in ordering Fussell and another photographer to stop taking pictures. The group warned that unless the agency meets a series of conditions by Sept. 1, it will take the MTA to court — where it expects to win.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hers-detainment/2011/06/01/AGvrEBGH_blog.html

My point? Had the photographer simply given in nothing would have changed. As it stands now...

MTA administrator disavows curbs on photography
Transit agency chief agrees with ACLU on public's right to take pictures

By Michael Dresser, The Baltimore Sun

8:56 p.m. EDT, June 1, 2011

Two photographers who were detained by Maryland Transit Administration police this year and told they were forbidden to take pictures of MTA facilities expressed relief Wednesday after the head of the agency flatly repudiated the officers' actions.

Administrator Ralign T. Wells disavowed police efforts to restrict photography on or around MTA property and said he would take action to head off a threatened lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland before it can be filed.

Wells said MTA officers were not properly representing agency policy when they ordered two amateur photographers to stop taking pictures and video of light rail trains earlier this year. Wells said he would apologize to the photographers and make sure that officers respect the First Amendment rights of photographers.

"We don't have a policy restricting photography," Wells said in an interview Wednesday. "The actions of some of these officers are not reflective of the agency stance."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-mta-policy-20110601,0,2129369.story?page=1

Last edited:

wild boar

Is it the wrong time for oc, cc?

When a thief reports an unattended bag to authorities, is the crime rate dropping, or is the fear rate rising. We live in precarious times. Which of you will draw the, "line in the sand", that could guaranty both safety and rights?

paul@paul-fisher.com

When a thief reports an unattended bag to authorities, is the crime rate dropping, or is the fear rate rising. We live in precarious times. Which of you will draw the, "line in the sand", that could guaranty both safety and rights?

My buddy Benjamin Franklin said : He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

AaronS

Not many guaranties in life.
Without your rights, you will never have safety.
This "line in the sand" was drawn a long time ago. You asked who of us would re-draw it? Not me, as I would like to just follow it. The line is going in the correct direction, but we (the people) have gotten off track.

wild boar

The line...

Not many guaranties in life.
Without your rights, you will never have safety.
This "line in the sand" was drawn a long time ago. You asked who of us would re-draw it? Not me, as I would like to just follow it. The line is going in the correct direction, but we (the people) have gotten off track.

Well put sir, without rights, no safety. No safety, no rights. The line has been drawn, and I've got your six! A FRIEND IN FREEDOM

autosurgeon

I think sometimes we forget that laws only constrain the good... the BG could care less about the law...

As for the officers.. well that was typical good cop bad cop and it worked yet again. They were testing you and they found that you respond well to a smile and kindness. I have read many an account of SS and Gestapo officers that smiled and were nice right up until they pulled the trigger.

Please don't think we are down on you personally but rather are trying to educate you as you seem to be a bit hazy on rights and officer training including that they are trained to lie cheat and be extra nice to get their way!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

MKEgal

Nutczak said:
Alright, first off the police do not have "Rights" they are instead granted powers.
As citizens, they have the same rights the rest of us do.
Acting as public servants, we have agreed to give them powers not normally exercised by average citizens.

Navy-used-to-be-Lt said:
By handing over ID, the image that we are showing the public [& police] is that the act of carrying a firearm, by itself, is a suspicious activity that warrants investigation by the police.
Dingdingdingdingding!!! Exactly this! (Though I added a comment.)
(BTW, congrat's that the promotion is official!)

wild boar

"if" you're engaging me i must...

I think sometimes we forget that laws only constrain the good... the BG could care less about the law...

As for the officers.. well that was typical good cop bad cop and it worked yet again. They were testing you and they found that you respond well to a smile and kindness. I have read many an account of SS and Gestapo officers that smiled and were nice right up until they pulled the trigger.

Please don't think we are down on you personally but rather are trying to educate you as you seem to be a bit hazy on rights and officer training including that they are trained to lie cheat and be extra nice to get their way!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

...out of the totality of opinion, respond with great care. Sir, I know my rights,and at the time told the lead LEO what they were. I can spot self ingratiation a mile away. There was no "good cop bad cop"; rather a pleasant conversation with one LEO, and a negative reply to the only REQUEST, and/or statement made by the other. Yes, with TOTAL CONSTITUTIONAL KNOWLEDGE did allow myself to be identified. This occurred on 5-29; and to date, I retain my identity,and; as far as I know, the constitution has not been nullified. WCI; as well as, OCDO continue to exists. With respect, good day sir.