• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ed today, and it went well

JoeGlock40

Common-sense always told me to cross draw... Cross draw is retention without retention. Hence why the practice has been longstanding among those who practice carry and actually give it rational thought. But I usually have a paddle holster and don't wear any belt at all. I'm getting pudgy, don't need one anymore.... There is no muzzle sweep as I take a rifle stance, not a weaver stance. Presents a narrower silhouette, too. I'm a rifle man, not a handgun man, so the habit stands anyway.QUOTE]

only problem with the rifle stance is if u do get shot, that round can go thru each long and heart instead of just one or the other so it can be a more devastating hit if hit that way since theres more vitals exposed in a smaller area, i get what your meaning but im just sayin

flintknapper

Common-sense always told me to cross draw... Cross draw is retention without retention. Hence why the practice has been longstanding among those who practice carry and actually give it rational thought. But I usually have a paddle holster and don't wear any belt at all. I'm getting pudgy, don't need one anymore.... There is no muzzle sweep as I take a rifle stance, not a weaver stance. Presents a narrower silhouette, too. I'm a rifle man, not a handgun man, so the habit stands anyway.QUOTE]

only problem with the rifle stance is if u do get shot, that round can go thru each lung and heart instead of just one or the other so it can be a more devastating hit if hit that way since theres more vitals exposed in a smaller area, i get what your meaning but im just sayin

It is a valid point you make. If a person should be so unfortunate to suffer a "LHL" (Lung/Heart/Lung) hit, it is pretty much unsurvivable. I am not dogmatic about any particular "stance" (Weaver, Isosceles or variants), circumstance will dictate what posture I take...but all the "possibilities" are certainly worth thinking about in advance.

Last edited: