• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFF TOPIC BUT VERY FRIGHTENING !! Mystery Missle Lauch off our west coast !

eye95

If it was a test of our defenses, we failed.

We don't know what it is, where it came from, or how the delivery vehicle (if there was one) got here.

Clueless is not a good defense strategy.

Cava3r4

if it was an airplane, then how come the US govt and all the US Air controllers DON'T know about it then?
I don't buy it.
More gov't cover ups.!

Beretta92FSLady

That is a freaking missile. The military even said it is a missile, but they said it isn't theirs or an enemy...who is it than, alien? A really big bottle-rocket?

Last edited:

Dreamer

Optical illusion caused by the earths curvature my BUTT !!! THAT'S ONE HECK OF A CONTRAIL !!! BS ! BS ! BS !

I'll have to send you some recent photos of "commercial" aircraft leaving "contrails" from horizon to horizon, in a grid pattern here in NC last week.

Three aircraft, flying in formation, the lead plane leaving a normal contrail (about the length of your hand when you hold it out at arms length and line it up with the plane) and two planes behind and flanking it, leaving "contrails" literally from horizon to horizon, which hung in the sky for nearly 2 hours. They first flew south to north, disappeared over the horizon, then a few minutes later, , a little to the east, they returned, flying north to south, and repeated this twice, leaving 8 evenly-spaced "contrails" that hung in the sky, from horizon to horizon, for nearly 2 hours.

Funny thing was, the "lead" plane left a "normal" contrial like ALL aircraft did when we were kids. So the whole "certain atmospheric conditions" argument to explain these long, puffy, weird "contrails" is completely BS in this instance...

Even if this CA incident WAS an airliner, the trail it is leaving is NOT a "contrail". The "con" in contrail stands for "condensation"... Aluminum oxide and barium sulfide are NOT condensation, nor are they standard exhaust constituents for jet fuel, but when tested, the air under these super-long "contrails" almost ALWAYS contains unusually high levels of these compounds....

My guess is this event in CA was one of three things:

1) some super-secret military test launch that the DOD doesn't want to admit to,

2) a "demo launch" for some foreign government by an American arms manufacturer, that the government doesn't want to admit to (AeroJet is located out there, near this event),

3) some super-rich "high-power amateur rocketry" geek who figured his privilege and status would exclude him from having to get proper FAA clearance for a launch like this. A solid rocket motor getting into the "R" or "S" impulse class could possibly leave a plume like this video shows, and could easily propel a light HPR to the altitudes shown in the videos...

The 3rd option is, IMO, the most desirable explanation. Sure it's dangerous to the airspace, and a SERIOUS violation of FAA regulations, but it's probably not any sort of threat to the people of CA, other than the fact that it shows that someone with a LOT of money to burn (a solid rocket motor of this impulse class would cost several hundred dollars JUST for the propellant, and would have to be in a motor casing and rocket body that could be well over $1000 to build, not to mention the high-tech avionics and recovery hardware you would want on such a HPR, which could easily push the total cost of such a device to between $2000 and $3000--a LOT of money for a "hobby"...)

But frankly, I think it's probably "option 2". China, both Korea's, Pakistan, and Iran are ALL in the market for quality ballistic missile technology, and the USA has the best manufacturers of this technology. Missile tech is one of the FEW industries we still have a "superiority lock" on, both in terms of quality and domestic manufacturing capabilities...

We've funded, equipped, and trained our enemies for nearly 100 years. Why stop now? Our economy is in the shitter. If the military-industrial complex can make a few $billion selling ballistic missles to Pakistan or China, you'd better believe that they can and will get the State Department to sign off on such a transaction....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pklr0UD9eSo

Last edited:

Ruby

I don't know much about missiles and such, but it seems to me that if it was launched from 35 miles off our west coast, it would just about have to come from a submarine, ours or someone else's. How is it that we know when North Korea launches a test missile off their own coast but can't identify a missile launched in our own backyard?!? They also ought to be able to tell where it was headed due to it's trajectory and speed.

A few nights ago, a bright blue circular object was observed and video taped in Virgina, I think it was. It was seen by a large number of people for about 10 minutes. It was reported that when people asked if it was a UFO, that Janet Napolitano of Homeland Security said yes, it was a UFO. First time I have ever heard of a government official admit that UFOs even exist. Now we have a missile launch that no one seems to know anything about. Something fishy going on, I think.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It is NOT a missile. PLEASE READ/OBSERVE LINK.

This link is to a very nearly identical contrail resulting from a jet airplane flying from beyond the horizon, towards the observer, and during sunset.

This is not, repeat NOT a missile.

Now please, folks, let's knock off the wild speculations reminiscent of seeing gnome faces in the bark of trees and yank ourselves back to reality.

First time I have ever heard of a government official admit that UFOs even exist.

They admit UFOs exist all the time, and in fact they coined the term, which they use until the UFOs are dentified, at which point they're called "planes" or something similar.

Last edited:

eye95

None of those photos depict the object flying like the video shot by the helicopter. The object is moving way too fast to be a jet. It also has a fiery back end. Was the jet on fire???

On edit: Here is the raw video, without any commentary:

[video=youtube;LFg98SU_9-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFg98SU_9-w[/video]

Last edited:

45acpForMe

None of those photos depict the object flying like the video shot by the helicopter. The object is moving way too fast to be a jet. It also has a fiery back end. Was the jet on fire???

On edit: Here is the raw video, without any commentary:

If you look at the area where you say there is fire, the same-altitude cloud is illuminated with the sunset so I think the fire may just be a reflection of the sunset. I would think if it was a contrail that the FAA would have been able to say what flight was in that area at the time. So I am still skeptical.

Last edited:

eye95

If you look at the area where you say there is fire, the same-altitude cloud is illuminated with the sunset so I think the fire may just be a reflection of the sunset. I would think if it was a contrail that the FAA would have been able to say what flight was in that area at the time. So I am still skeptical.

The fire is glowing. The clouds are not.

BTW, how do you know that the cloud is at the same altitude?

I am skeptical too. Skeptical that this is a plane. It is moving too fast. It has a flame coming out of its bottom. Also, if it were a plane, we know the date, time, and location. The FAA'd be able to match it up with a radar track. They are insisting that they cannot.

You'd think, if this were a plane and folks were thinking it was a missile, that the government would move heaven and earth to be able to say, "Oh, that's just Trans-Global flight 761, flying to..." Instead they say, "Oh, it's no threat to anyone. Trust us." :rolleyes:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

My initial belief was that the Chi-Coms shot across our bow so to speak. That they're saber rattling over the money issue. Money issues have caused a lot of wars, though I don't see how an intercontinental thermonuclear war would help matters. However the total lack of any reaction at all, the dead silence in the military and from the source, leads me to consider the possiblity that since9 is correct, and what appears to be a fire is actually reflected sunlight. That said, the empire might just be interested in avoiding panic. The Chi-Coms could have called in advance and said:

"Look west round eye, and cut the crap with the money".

It's been decades since we had a cold war mentality with people keeping food stocked, and shelters available. If there was a sudden run on food and other supplies, uncontrollable rioting and looting might result.

Another possibility is that the military tested a sub based antimissle defense munition. Perhaps a multi-warheaded interceptor. What would be amazing to me about it though, was how secret they'd managed too be. Not only did the test itself not get leaked beforehand, but how effectively they'd managed to keep the story secret after the fact.

45acpForMe

The fire is glowing. The clouds are not.

BTW, how do you know that the cloud is at the same altitude?

I am skeptical too. Skeptical that this is a plane. It is moving too fast. It has a flame coming out of its bottom. Also, if it were a plane, we know the date, time, and location. The FAA'd be able to match it up with a radar track. They are insisting that they cannot.

You'd think, if this were a plane and folks were thinking it was a missile, that the government would move heaven and earth to be able to say, "Oh, that's just Trans-Global flight 761, flying to..." Instead they say, "Oh, it's no threat to anyone. Trust us." :rolleyes:

If it is a plane making a contrail, no one said that it was a commercial plane. Flyboys like to kick in afterburner when given the opportunity. So theoretically a F22 or similar plane could fly low out to sea for 35 miles then kick the afterburner and pull straight up.
Hopefully we will find out exactly what it was but we also may never know.

eye95

If it is a plane making a contrail, no one said that it was a commercial plane. Flyboys like to kick in afterburner when given the opportunity. So theoretically a F22 or similar plane could fly low out to sea for 35 miles then kick the afterburner and pull straight up.
Hopefully we will find out exactly what it was but we also may never know.

I didn't say it was commercial. I gave that as an example of how the government might put to rest the rampant concern that it is a missile. They could, whether it was a commercial flight or military. They can identify the plane. They have not.

Oh, and afterburners would not be visible from that kind of distance, however rocket exhaust would be. While they may be similar in construct, they are hugely different in size. Hugely.

There is one way to put this matter to rest. The government must identity the plane. Failing that (or delaying it much longer) feeds the belief that it was a missile of some kind.

Sonora Rebel

I spent 1/3rd of my life in a sea/aircraft environment. I've observed all sorts of supersonic tail burners climb in A/B in all sorts of weather and atmospheric conditions (day or night) 'n more than a few rockets. (I was Aviation Ordnance) IMHO... that sucker was rocket powered. F-22's don't make signatures like that... (that's why they're callled 'stealth'. I dunno of any single jet that makes an exhaust signature like that at low altitude either.

If it'd been a 'secret' US military test... they'd never conduct it that close to shore where it could be seen. PMRF Barking Sands is on Kauai. NAWC Pt Mugu on the coast also operates San Nicolas Island, 65 NM from Mugu and 75 Nm from L.A. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/san-nicolas-island.htm San Clemente also belongs to tne Navy and is part of NAWC's test range. http://www.socalrangecomplexeis.com/FactSheets\AboutSCIFactSheet_FINAL.pdf I suspect... it was a missile launched from San Clemente.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Great, an update that offers absolutely no information but speculation.

[video=youtube;LLhfGB87xWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLhfGB87xWk[/video]

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The Govt was surprised as much as we all were at this launch. They don't know what it was or it's origin & that is what scares me. It's clear it was a surface launched Missile that was launched off the coast.
Our enemies could have launched a Nuke up & over our country & detonating an EMP Weapon over our country.
Our Governments feeble attempt to explain this away is not making me feel better. Norad was caught with it's pants down.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

I've concluded that this was simply a left-over "weather balloon" circa 1947.

OR....... It was a missile intercept test aimed at demonstrating our ability to defend against a hostile launch. DOD is not ready to go public yet.

OR... Crazy North Koreans managed to get a sub within 35 miles of L.A. and did a "GOTCHA" on us .

Phssthpok

I've concluded that this was simply a left-over "weather balloon" circa 1947.

Actually, "...the government is claiming [it] was a flock of birds towing a weather balloon through a cloud of swamp gas back-lit by the planet Venus." :rolleyes:

(Hat tip to TAM)