• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer has ND while on school campus

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:
Ok you obviously looking for a fight so check this out, I didn't "correct" anyone. I asked where those were from (in a casual fashion) and stated what I was familiar with and how they apply.

And if that came out wrong,Crossfire Jedi im talking to you, I apologize.

You know anyone can be condescending and act tuff on the Internet marshaul, you should drop me a line and we can meet up. Im going out to see my boys in Camp Pendleton/29 Palms and the L.A. area soon anyway.

Do you talk big in person? Sounds to me your a coward behind a keyboard.
Maybe it was the "where the hell did you find these"; your tone set you up for a response with the same.

What would you like me to tell you in person? I'm not sure why I should be afraid to speak to your face directly. What are you going to do, assault me? Or do you just like to talk tough on the internet?

I love these internet tough-guys, "Why don't you say it to my face!?"

I mean, what do you expect is going to happen? You're going to kick my ass? :lol:

Mahan0331 wrote:
Where the hell did you find these?? The only weapons conditions I know are the Marine Corps ones-

Give or take these are the same for all Firearms.
Oh, sorry, I guess you didn't correct the guy. I totally imagined that.

old dog

imported post

All this schoolyard pushing and shoving is like being back in fourth grade. I suppose next you'll be sticking your tongues out and making faces.

Certainly, the antis will be impressed with the high order of calmness and maturity on display here.

And no, I won't meet you behind the swingset.

Mahan0331

imported post

Im not gunna play grab-ass ...you'll just keep runnin you mouth.

I spent damn near 2 years over there fightin the Goddamn war and buried too many friends to have any kind of patience for punks ...especially ones from Frisco.

I'll make it easy, I got a boy in Fremont ...is thatclose enough foryou??? Check your f*ckin inbox.

Veritas

imported post

lol

So I pop over to AZ to read the story about the school officer ND... peruse through the pages... and discover a chat-fight. Awesome.

Now let me just ask: What the hell are you thinking? I mean, for real? Who challenges someone to a fight on an OPEN CARRY website? Are you planning to leave your gun at home? Or are you going to take it and just hope that the fight doesn't escalate into a situation where you end up shooting eachother?

For fucks sake man, think about how bad this looks. If words written by a stranger online threaten you enough to make you want to meet them in another State to fight, I can only imagine how you'd react to a similar threat standing in front of your face.

As for the spending two years overseas fighting... I'd tip my hat to you if you didn't use it as a "kiss my ass" badge. You're not the only person to have spent time in the service... nor in combat. You're not the only one who has had friends killed. Nor where you drafted. So be a man and accept responsibility for your actions rather than cry about them. You don't VOLUNTEER for the military without expecting to make sacrifices and do militaristic things.

I'm not just saying this because I'm 2,500 miles away and anonymous. I'm saying it because it needs to be said. And no, I will not meet you... even when I visit CA, NV, and AZ later this year. It's ridiculously stupid and makes the rest of us look like irresponsible maniacs. Anti's love people like you, man... so set your ego aside and think about the cause, huh?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
The last thing we need is mandatory manual safeties.
Wait, you mean you don't want our "not unsafe" handgun roster to make sure all your guns are not unsafe? (In CA, there is no such thing as a "safe" gun, only guns that aren't classified as "unsafe.")

If you take it I'll throw in PC12031 for free! (That's the "you can't carry a loaded gun in most public places" law.)

Better yet, just help me find a job in AZ and I'll move there and give CA the finger on the way across the border!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:

I spent damn near 2 years over there fightin the Goddamn war and buried too many friends to have any kind of patience for punks ...especially ones from Frisco.

I'll make it easy, I got a boy in Fremont ...is thatclose enough foryou??? Check your f*ckin inbox.
Those friends you buried died for people to have the right to say whatever they want without worrying about threats of violence.

I know it's not easy adjusting to "civilian" life after being trained in the violent arts of war. But it is your duty to get the help you need to make that adjustment.

Honor your oath, and honor the fallen by respecting the US Constitution.

suntzu

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I hate external safeties. I will never own a gun with one.

This is clearly a freakish accident. The odds of this ever happening again are so remote it is not funny.

I am sure the parents will want guns banned on the property. :?
I have three thoughts on this:

And then the government has the nerve to tell us that the average gun owners can't be trusted with guns on campuses?

if the LEOs are unable to properly handle a glock, or can't act in a safe manner with them--they should not carry them. A glock requires absolutely no thought or effort to pull and fire and that is the reason the police tend to like them so much.

That officer should have been written up over that, or terminated altogether--he could have killed someone. If it had been an ordinary person whose gun had a ND in a public place--we would have almost certainly been in jail and the gun confiscated--the police should be subject to the same treatment.

Ganghater

imported post

suntzu wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I hate external safeties. I will never own a gun with one.

This is clearly a freakish accident. The odds of this ever happening again are so remote it is not funny.

I am sure the parents will want guns banned on the property. :?
I have three thoughts on this:

And then the government has the nerve to tell us that the average gun owners can't be trusted with guns on campuses?

if the LEOs are unable to properly handle a glock, or can't act in a safe manner with them--they should not carry them. A glock requires absolutely no thought or effort to pull and fire and that is the reason the police tend to like them so much.

That officer should have been written up over that, or terminated altogether--he could have killed someone. If it had been an ordinary person whose gun had a ND in a public place--we would have almost certainly been in jail and the gun confiscated--the police should be subject to the same treatment.
I forgot... He adjusted his pants and his key was caught in the trigger guard and his key ring...

I have the same gun and holster and can't reproduce this situation without drawing and holstering. Soooooooooo why did he have his gun out of the holster? I'm convinced any other story is just a fairy tale.

TylerEMT

imported post

suntzu wrote:

I 100% agree. Its the thinking that LEO are above the law that make people so opposed to gun carry by privet citizens. I understand accidents happen, and I don't think termination would be warranted unless there isproof that he was acting in an unsafe manner (which he probably was). He should however receive a citation for discharging a firearm, or be written up by the department (which may have happened the article doesn't say).

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Mahan0331 wrote:

Those friends you buried died for people to have the right to say whatever they want without worrying about threats of violence.

I know it's not easy adjusting to "civilian" life after being trained in the violent arts of war. But it is your duty to get the help you need to make that adjustment.

Honor your oath, and honor the fallen by respecting the US Constitution.
...and beer for my horses.

I don't think he 'needs help.' I've never been a soldier, but I've gotten a bit hot under the collar for many of the same reasons. I find it hard not to see a good many so-called 'citizens' of this nation as anything but traitors. And plenty of Elected types as well.

Sometimes I just have to walk away, or I might just perform my civic duty on them...

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Sorry, just realized you asked where I received the info. It was from a earlier post with a link to a wiki. I posted it so everyone would not have to go to the link to read it.

Here is the link :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper_(colonel)#The_Modern_Technique

Mahan0331 wrote:

Ok you obviously looking for a fight so check this out, I didn't "correct" anyone. I asked where those were from (in a casual fashion) and stated what I was familiar with and how they apply.

And if that came out wrong,Crossfire Jediim talking to you, I apologize.

You know anyone can be condescending and act tuff on the Internet marshaul, you should drop me a line and we can meet up. Im going out to see my boys in Camp Pendleton/29 Palmsand theL.A. area soon anyway.

Do you talk big in person? Sounds to me your a coward behind a keyboard.