• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer invol. shooting

LvstudentDoc

i remember in the audio they said the helicopter was flying overhead...now if this shooting occured outside by the enterance one could reason if the helicopter has video equipment onboard such as flir and whatnot even if it was daytime their camera could have caught what happened. from the previous posts with the lack of dash cams and bad radios, they helicopter prob doesnt archive its video unless it was some fantastic police chase and wanted to show how great metro is. I just wonder did that helicopter capture something for above, but that to probably will be thrown into the fire and never seen again.

john-in-reno

i remember in the audio they said the helicopter was flying overhead...now if this shooting occured outside by the enterance one could reason if the helicopter has video equipment onboard such as flir and whatnot even if it was daytime their camera could have caught what happened. from the previous posts with the lack of dash cams and bad radios, they helicopter prob doesnt archive its video unless it was some fantastic police chase and wanted to show how great metro is. I just wonder did that helicopter capture something for above, but that to probably will be thrown into the fire and never seen again.

Well if you remember when they do the Miranda rights the thing they say "Any thing you say can and will be used AGAINST you!".

Well, its hard to prosecute someone you murdered so why keep the stuff around, and if anybody finds it it might be used against you to prove it was murder.

nomidlname

I would go for an OC silent vigil in a hartbeat if I lived up there. Something I would say a huge yes to. Maybe someone in charge could ask his dad or "the friends of Erik Scott" about their opinion? I wouldn't do it without their blessing but if they do approve I will do what I can to fly down there and stand outside OC during the entire farse they call an investigation.

papa bear

just out of curiosity, when they said a toxicology report was done. do the police officers have to do one in a incident? i was thinking i have heard some places do that.

Sabotage70

+1
That's a very good question. At every other job if someone has a accident/incident on the job they have an automatic UA coming. I worked for a company in Phoenix and if anyone got hurt on the job the drug tested the whole crew.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+1
That's a very good question. At every other job if someone has a accident/incident on the job they have an automatic UA coming. I worked for a company in Phoenix and if anyone got hurt on the job the drug tested the whole crew.

Guilt by association?

nomidlname

Go to 8newsnow.com for streaming video. the link will be in red.

Sorry about the other link ... apparently they don't have the money to pump the bandwidth link the news company. They will have it archived for your viewing pleasure later tonight though... so that's something at least?

Yard Sale

Put your hands where I can see them now. Drop it. Get on the ground. Get on the ground.
Mosher said Scott pulled the gun from his waistband, raised it and pointed it toward him.
Police recovered Scott's .45-caliber handgun, in its holster, from the ground near where he fell.

Mosher, you can't distinguish a gun in a holster from an unholstered gun and killed a man who was surrendering his sidearm as ordered. You suck at your job. Go home and fellate your service pistol and have a .40 caliber aneurysm.

Yard Sale

Just watched some inquest...

69-year-old woman said he had a zippered gun rug he dropped from hip level. (He didn't point it at the officers.) Her husband of a similar age, former FFL holder, past CCW permit holder, said it was a light blue zippered gun rug that was picked up by somebody after the shooting. Shown the picture of the black-holstered Kimber on the ground, he said that wasn't what Erik Scott dropped.

I have no idea why Erik Scott would carry in a zippered gun rug. Unreliable witnesses?

JSlack7851

I get it the inquest is over, so when are the reports going to be filed? Made public?

If all the evidence has been corrupted by LEO, the outcome is going to be tainted. Then what?

Yard Sale

Stark just testified that Scott wasn't a threat until Mosher yelled and pointed his Glock at him.

I hope they can use that bit for the civil trial.

Mendiola on deck.

After he was going on about anybody with a gun being a threat, he was asked about Nevada being an open carry state. (The implied question being does he view every armed person as a threat?) But nothing really became of it because it wasn't a real cross examination. Stark mentioned that CCW people all put their hands up and CCW people are trained in LEO encounters.

Last edited: