• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Milwaukee School Zone Map

Cobra469

imported post

Just noticing an error in the Milwaukee GFSZ map. It seems that the Dr. Brenda Noach Choice School is marked where the war memorial is. In fact this school is located where East Mason makes a turn. Funny how the green section (which is supposed to be the school grounds) doesn't even cover the actual location of the school itself. Can this be a plow to keep us from OCing at the park events? How can we get these grounds verified. Also curious how a private school can occupy public land such as McKinley Marina. Also how is a private school supposed to occupy the median along Lincoln Memorial Drive? I thought "go play in traffic" was just a figure of speech but I guess that is the norm for a choice school. :what:

Also curious how they can occupy the pond. Isn't all waterways in the state of Wisconsin property of DNR? Not that it would matter much with the buffer but if this is the publication they are providing to their officers for enforcement it better be more accurate than this.Our freedom depends on it.:banghead:

I don't know who to contact but I suppose I will start by contacting the school and finding out from them what are their property lines. Since this is a privately owned school any suggestions on how to do this since FOI requests don't really apply here? I would hate to have to prove all of this later in a court room if it can be avoided and would like to be able to carry at some of the events coming up this summer.

Anybody ever see any place that sells alcohol along their or the beach? Seems that might be my second pitfall.

AaronS

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Just noticing an error in the Milwaukee GFSZ map. It seems that the Dr. Brenda Noach Choice School is marked where the war memorial is. In fact this school is located where East Mason makes a turn. Funny how the green section (which is supposed to be the school grounds) doesn't even cover the actual location of the school itself. Can this be a plow to keep us from OCing at the park events? How can we get these grounds verified. Also curious how a private school can occupy public land such as McKinley Marina. Also how is a private school supposed to occupy the median along Lincoln Memorial Drive? I thought "go play in traffic" was just a figure of speech but I guess that is the norm for a choice school. :what:

Also curious how they can occupy the pond. Isn't all waterways in the state of Wisconsin property of DNR? Not that it would matter much with the buffer but if this is the publication they are providing to their officers for enforcement it better be more accurate than this.Our freedom depends on it.:banghead:

I don't know who to contact but I suppose I will start by contacting the school and finding out from them what are their property lines. Since this is a privately owned school any suggestions on how to do this since FOI requests don't really apply here? I would hate to have to prove all of this later in a court room if it can be avoided and would like to be able to carry at some of the events coming up this summer.

Anybody ever see any place that sells alcohol along their or the beach? Seems that might be my second pitfall.

Last year I looked inth this "Dr. Brenda Noach Choice School ". I found that it was a total joke. This "school" has one room in the basement of the art museum. This school in our museum is also a Christian school. This choice "school" is also 99.9% one race (but I guess thats a different problem also). I even went as far as asking for permission to carry near the "school", but was told "no way in hell" (my words).

I feel that this "school" is a scam on the city, and should be forced out of our museum.

Cobra469

imported post

I won't argue about whether it should be there or not but a big problem that I see is that it is incorrectly marked on this "official" map. One could easily walk into this GFSZ and be none the wiser all because somebody couldn't place a dot properly on a map. Or better yet get arrested for carrying in an area that we have every legal right to all because the dot is in the wrong location.

I am curious as to what grounds the school uses as well. Just because the school may use the park for various activities does not make it school grounds. Otherwise every outing a school had would make the area that they are occupying school grounds. One also has to consider what kind of restrictions they can place onto the general public if it is marked as school grounds. After all I can't just go walking around my son's high school during school hours without checking in at the office and having good reason for being there. Just as well they can also kick me off the property at any time they choose. Does that mean this school can kick me out of a public park? Wouldn't the school grounds be limited to the property lines of the address where the school is located? Also is the art museum private property or public property? Just trying to figure out if the park is part of the same parcel of land.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Cobra469 wrote:

Last year I looked inth this "Dr. Brenda Noach Choice School ". I found that it was a total joke. This "school" has one room in the basement of the art museum. This school in our museum is also a Christian school. This choice "school" is also 99.9% one race (but I guess thats a different problem also). I even went as far as asking for permission to carry near the "school", but was told "no way in hell" (my words).

I feel that this "school" is a scam on the city, and should be forced out of our museum.
It would be interesting to see how much that 1 room school costs the city to maintain.