• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OH - Armed citizen dials 911 and waits...and waits...and waits...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Ah, thanks DD.

I'll put you in the position of Secretary of Housing and Urban Development :lol:
Actually, given my background in real estate and real estate closings, and being familiar with how utterly retarded many of the HUD regulations and forms are, and knowning that HUD is much more pernicious that most people realize and effects much more of people's lives everywhere in this nation than most people realize, I could do that and fix a lot of problems.

On the other hand, IF you were president that is an empty offer because I know that you would wisely eliminate HUD and several other cabinet offices. Good try ;)

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
Ah, thanks DD.

I'll put you in the position of Secretary of Housing and Urban Development :lol:
Actually, given my background in real estate and real estate closings, and being familiar with how utterly retarded many of the HUD regulations and forms are, and knowning that HUD is much more pernicious that most people realize and effects much more of people's lives everywhere in this nation than most people realize, I could do that and fix a lot of problems.

On the other hand, IF you were president that is an empty offer because I know that you would wisely eliminate HUD and several other cabinet offices. Good try ;)
Nice catch. Though there really wouldn't be too many cabinet offices available, as I would be doing quite a bit of job slashing. (Don't tell the Federal employee voters that...)

Maybe I could put you in the Secretary of Selling Federal Land to Pay Off Debt position... though that wouldn't be long-lived either, depending on how efficient you are :p

unreconstructed1

imported post

personally, I would say that a position in some sort of beauracracy auditing would be preferable...

theres a whole lot of Federal alphabet soup that should be eliminated....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Why not just eliminate 7-8 current cabinet level departments (HUD, HHS, Education, DHS, Transportation, labor, commerce and agriculture) and create a new department to further trim the federal departments that I'll head up - say we call it the "Department of Redunancy Elimination Department"

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Why not just eliminate 7-8 current cabinet level departments (HUD, HHS, Education, DHS, Transportation, labor, commerce and agriculture) and create a new department to further trim the federal departments that I'll head up - say we call it the "Department of Redunancy Elimination Department"
There ya go :)

unreconstructed1

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
actually, I would say in order to find out which agencies would be best eliminated, go to teh constitution. since "all powers not delegated" will remain in the hands of the states, if the Constitution doesn't mention it, close it down.