• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok so we can open carry Pistols but what about rifles?

joejoe0621

imported post

Does anyone else agree that carrying an AR-15 in public is lame and is more less a cry for attention, never the less an unloaded AR only intensifies that fact?

boredstudent

imported post

joejoe0621 wrote:
Does anyone else agree that carrying an AR-15 in public is lame and is more less a cry for attention, never the less an unloaded AR only intensifies that fact?
I think carrying an AR15 especially with proper accessories is in no way lame it is tacticool because if I were of the criminal element, I could lets say take my knife and relieve him of his unloaded weapon. Or better yet with his BYOB AR15 (Bring your own Bullets) I could just go on a mayhem spree and promptly return his unloaded weapon to him with a free empty magazine so he had some explaining to do when the cops arrive for the manic who just shot at(but missed) clouds and innocent puppies.

Please, note my sarcasm above, with the fact that no puppies or clouds were hurt in the typing of this post.

Carrying an AR15 is just a liability which gets worse when you have it unloaded. I really need to find a news article about the story i want to share because when I was working 3rd shift I asked a Toledo LEO why he was in so late compared to normal. His response was about an aggravated burglary, guy walked into unlocked back door, wife paniced grabbed lockbox with gun took it to husband who went downstairs and confronted the BG, upon being told to freeze BG puts his hands up says "I just wanna talk", takes step forward. Homeowner pulls trigger, gun not loaded, gets ass beat ends up in intensive care along with having his Tv and GUN STOLEN.

So in all seriousness and kidding aside why would you risk having your gun end up in the wrong hands?
(I ramble and bolded the important parts)
And and not to mention we are digressing from the rules of the forum (SEE RULE 11) I read last night that state this site is not to be about carrying long guns. To which point I believe we have been more than kind letting you ask the question as well as answering it

edit: to mention rules