• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK.. who is this :D

Marco

What happens to that kid if that cop is not a pro..or just someone having a bad day? Who knows but what what does that kid gain? Nothing.

Why risk so much to gain nothing?

So we should fear our Gov't????
A public servant having a bad day shouldn't/doesn't mean the law abiding should have to bend to their will.

A whole three posts and the NOVA's coming out already.

What did he gain?
Pride, self respect, freedom, independence, dignity...to name a few.

1+

It is not "cool" or "polite" to push the line on violating my rights under color of law.

The young man did nothing wrong other than not making the officer happy - oh well.

Never look down on the activists that promote and defend your rights - thank them for the freedom you are able to enjoy. Giving in accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Amen!!!!

Last edited:

WhatTimeIsIt?

It is not "cool" or "polite" to push the line on violating my rights under color of law.

I carrying a recorder and a mini video cam - am I therefore suspect of only wanting to post on YouTube?
The young man did nothing wrong other than not making the officer happy - oh well.

Never look down on the activists that promote and defend your rights - thank them for the freedom you are able to enjoy. Giving in accomplishes absolutely nothing.

+1 When police officers approach you, they aren't searching for new friends. He's not asking you to grab a drink with him later, he's searching for a reason to arrest you. There should be no expectation to be "friendly" or "polite" when being questioned by an agent of the government.

thaJack

I've seen a few case summaries where cop car flashers were part of the discussion as to whether a seizure had occurred. Meaning, if the cop used the flashers it might have turned the encounter into a detention. So, I'm wondering if the cop left them off on purpose to avoid giving the impression to the OCer that he was being seized.

My understanding is that you are required to stop for an officer that has both an audible and visual emergency notification device enabled (lights/siren)... at least in a traffic situation.

My opinion (and that's all it is) is that if you are required to stop, you are not free to continue moving, which, to me, is a detainment, even if brief.