• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok, who was at Kroger in Davison???????

ghostrider

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
chevytaHOE5674 wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
could that be why meijer and walmart dont sell firearms in this state anymore??

Last I saw walmart UP here still sells firearms.

down here they dont sell anymore,havent for about a year and a half.

still can find muzzleloaders on occasion at some stores,and they still sell ammo.

as forthe law being enforced,it would be hard to enforce cuz they gotta have RAS to search the vehicle,but its still illegal and alot of unknowing gun owners would probably consent to a search if asked,not knowing that its illegal,and getting into a bunch of sh*t because of it.
They still sell them in some markets.

It's got nothing to do with any law or safety. Probably more likely they just don't want to deal with the red tape anymore, and anti-gun sentiment.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
They sell airsoft and BB guns. Both are considered firearms.

Huh?

Federal and State law obviously do not consider AirSoft to be firearms. If AirSoft pistols for example were firearms, you would need a LTP or CPL to purchase it. And,

8.3t “Firearm” defined.

Sec. 3t.

The word “firearm”, except as otherwise specifically defined in the statutes, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion, except any smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling BB's not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air.

History: Add. 1959, Act 189, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1959

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Huh?

Federal and State law obviously do not consider AirSoft to be firearms. If AirSoft pistols for example were firearms, you would need a LTP or CPL to purchase it. And,

8.3t “Firearm” defined.

Sec. 3t.

The word “firearm”, except as otherwise specifically defined in the statutes, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion, except any smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling BB's not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air.

What size are air soft pellets?springerdave.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

springerdave wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Huh?

8.3t “Firearm” defined.

Sec. 3t.

What size are air soft pellets?springerdave.

6mm-8mm

http://injury.findlaw.com/personal-injury/personal-injury-a-z/airsoft-guns.html

Furthermore, individuals in the U.S. must be 18 years of age or older to purchase an Airsoft gun. On the other hand, Airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for use by all ages under federal law. However, some municipalities and states place restrictions on Airsoft guns. New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco, and parts of Michigan outlaw Airsoft guns entirely.

In MIchigan, if I remember correctly, Detroit has some restrictions on the AirSofts as far as carry, transport, possession, etc.

cabman1

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Venator wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
yep. thats it. I wonder how many people are still unaware of that one?

well i know that every person ive talked to that doesnt have a cpl,and even a few that do,are not aware of it.

so id say the majority of gun owners in the state.

does this apply to long arms too?

Yes, technically any one that has a FIREARM in or on these properties are in violation.  That means every time you buy a gun from Wal-mart or any place that sells guns and booze and walk out with it you are in violation of the law.  Every deer hunter that goes hunting with his long gun in his car and stops for gas (that sells beer) or at Meijers is in violation of this law. Etc...

You can see that it is one of those FU laws that no one thought through on.
could that be why meijer and walmart dont sell firearms in this state anymore??

the walmart here still sells long guns!!

lil_freak_66

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:

ive never heard of anybody needing a ptp or a cpl to buy them.

ive seen some liqour stores sell airsoft actually

Bronson

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Its weird, I can go to Kmart and buy a bb pistol without a permit, but at Bass pro, they require one. I dont get it.

Does it also shoot pellets and have a rifled barrel? If so, that is why you need the permit.

I have a BB only pistol I purchased from Walmart. I just picked it up off the rack and took it to the counter and paid for it.

Bronson