• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On Target Guns & Gunsmithing (Kalamazoo)

EM87

imported post

RubberArm wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Seems odd to me, considering it's a gun store.

I asked why and was given these reasons:

1) It's private property and the owners don't allow it. (Fine, it's their choice.)

2) They want to keep everyone safer (Makes no sense.)

3) (and I quote) "It's just not a smart thing to do." (He didn't even give me a reason for this opinion, it's just right.) :banghead:

Of course they don't mind concealed weapons. (The difference in safety being... ?)

Infuriating.
Is it posted at the entrance(s)? Or did someone tell you or ask you to leave because you were OC'ing?

I'm not sure if it's posted or not. I had heard that they were anti-OC, so I called to inquire about their policy. Not sure who I talked to.

Bronson

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
If I want a new gun I order it from MC Sports on WestMain
Just thought I'd let people know that I was in MC today and they have stopped their special order program. They kept having to refund deposit money because they couldn't get things from their distributors in a timely fashion. The gun counter guy said that when production picks up they'll probably bring it back.

Bronson

EM87

imported post

Bronson wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
If I want a new gun I order it from MC Sports on WestMain
Just thought I'd let people know that I was in MC today and they have stopped their special order program.  They kept having to refund deposit money because they couldn't get things from their distributors in a timely fashion.  The gun counter guy said that when production picks up they'll probably bring it back.

Bronson

That's really too bad, I hope it comes back soon.

On another note, I OCed in On Target a few days ago and didn't get confronted by anyone. No funny looks or anything. Maybe the people that actually care to prohibit it weren't there that day.

Bronson

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Maybe the people that actually care to prohibit it weren't there that day.
I usually go in the evening after 6:00 so perhaps the owner, or whoever doesn't like oc, isn't there at that time. Regardless of the reason I have never been confronted, asked to leave, or even had it mentioned.

Bronson