• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once upon a time in a land ...not too far away..A Ferry tale

KBCraig

A request for our Handsome Videographer:

Kind Sir, if it's not too much trouble, could you post the URL to your videos as well as the embeds? For some reason Vimeo embeds won't play on this forum when viewed in Safari. I've seen others complain that they can't see the videos either.

I solve the problem by quoting your posts, copying and pasting the Vimeo URL in a new window, then canceling my reply. If you could put the URL above or below the video, I could just click on it and have it open in a new window.

Many thanks!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A request for our Handsome Videographer:

Kind Sir, if it's not too much trouble, could you post the URL to your videos as well as the embeds? For some reason Vimeo embeds won't play on this forum when viewed in Safari. I've seen others complain that they can't see the videos either.

I solve the problem by quoting your posts, copying and pasting the Vimeo URL in a new window, then canceling my reply. If you could put the URL above or below the video, I could just click on it and have it open in a new window.

Many thanks!

So far all I've put up are test clips and nonsense KB. This one is a clip I cut out of the nearly finished chapter so I suppose it's worth looking at.
http://vimeo.com/26701563

I've burned up enough of John's bandwidth and he's been very patient, but since I'm nearly ready to put an ending in this as soon as it happens, I'm going to set up a Facebook page and just post links to it here. Hopefully, everyone will be able to see it there but if they can't, there will also be a hard link to a dedicated Vimeo channel.

This has turned into a pretty big production and attracted more than the usual number of trolls and concerned lurkers.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I still can't get over that first post. I keep thinking, "Oooo, did dat big ogre-man scare da poah li'l biwwy-goat? Poah Baby!" (Probably the most frightened he's been since he was moving armaments around in a warehouse in Iraq - he said so, himself. Probably can't tell the difference between an ogre and Santa Claus.)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I still can't get over that first post. I keep thinking, "Oooo, did dat big ogre-man scare da poah li'l biwwy-goat? Poah Baby!" (Probably the most frightened he's been since he was moving armaments around in a warehouse in Iraq - he said so, himself. Probably can't tell the difference between an ogre and Santa Claus.)

But Dan...
There is danger everywhere:uhoh:

http://vimeo.com/26791089
[video=vimeo;26791089]http://vimeo.com/26791089[/video]

KBCraig

So far all I've put up are test clips and nonsense KB. This one is a clip I cut out of the nearly finished chapter so I suppose it's worth looking at.
http://vimeo.com/26701563

I've burned up enough of John's bandwidth and he's been very patient, but since I'm nearly ready to put an ending in this as soon as it happens, I'm going to set up a Facebook page and just post links to it here. Hopefully, everyone will be able to see it there but if they can't, there will also be a hard link to a dedicated Vimeo channel.

This has turned into a pretty big production and attracted more than the usual number of trolls and concerned lurkers.

Just so you know, embedded videos don't consume any bandwidth from OCDO. It's the same as an image that is hosted on another site: it travels directly from the host server to the user's browser without passing through OCDO.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Is the ferry tale over? Did I miss something?

Not yet Thundar.

It's in a quiet phase. I just FOIA'ed more information on Friday and am putting together the Doc a piece at a time.
There is one court order I haven't picked up yet and onr filing from Poindexter. Neither earth shattering.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not yet Thundar.

It's in a quiet phase. I just FOIA'ed more information on Friday and am putting together the Doc a piece at a time.
There is one court order I haven't picked up yet and one filing from Poindexter. Neither earth shattering.

We don't wanta see earth-shattering. We just wanta see the bridge collapse on the troll. :D

Individually each contributes to a healthy weight; thereby exceeding the load bearing capacity, me thinks.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I was afraid since nothing had been added for a while that the Court may have banned further commentary on this thread.....

Glad to see that it was just my NATURAL and JUSTIFIED paranoia at our seemingly crazy judicial system these days.!

BTW, just because one is paranoid does not mean he doesn't have a stalker out to get him!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was afraid since nothing had been added for a while that the Court may have banned further commentary on this thread.....

Glad to see that it was just my NATURAL and JUSTIFIED paranoia at our seemingly crazy judicial system these days.!

It's been quiet for several reasons. First and probably most important, nothing more than a lot of research is going on right now. The Judge said no more motions and we'll rule on these later.

Second, I'm getting older and have been redlining most of my life. I'm just wearing out.

Third, I'm way behind with normal video clients and even further behind with farm work.

Last....this is a long documentary with a lot of written motions as well as questionable actions from nearly everyone except Skdmark.
The rule is 20 minutes of raw video for every minute of finished. That's never worked for me and it's more like 2 hours for every minute. It has to be put together so people don't go to sleep watching motions plastered on the screen and I have to keep my OPINION out of it.

My opinion doesn't count, The facts are the facts and people who watch it, need to decide what they mean. Keeping my feelings out of the workflow requires frequent re-editing. That takes a lot of quiet time.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
....snip..
I'm getting older and have been redlining most of my life. I'm just wearing out.

We both need to learn to use torque rather than RPM to get up to speed and maintain momentum.

That and fuel efficiency might prove beneficial.

Thundar

It has to be put together so people don't go to sleep watching motions plastered on the screen and I have to keep my OPINION out of it.

My opinion doesn't count, The facts are the facts and people who watch it, need to decide what they mean. Keeping my feelings out of the workflow requires frequent re-editing. That takes a lot of quiet time.

You should have been a journalism professor peter.