• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Final Push to Defeat Portantino's Open Carry Ban AB144

Laurence

Anti-Open Carry Law

This new anti-open carry law is just another ploy by do-gooder politicians to infringe upon the people's rights under the guise of "protection" and "safety." As a mountain hiker who frequently crosses the Nevada/California border I carry a pistol at all times. Bears, mountain lions and rabid coyotes are a hazard to all hikers. Mountain lions and other dangerous wildlife do not respect state boundaries or state laws. The anti-open carry law will merely put more outdoor people in danger.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Sent $5 bucks. I wish I could send more but times are hard for a College student with 2 kids! I hope this bill fails, I find it disgraceful what the California legislature does to their citizens Constitutional rights!

Woops, I just realized this is over a year old! I thought it was the OC ban on Long gun carry! Oh well, I guess you can find another reason to use the money for a good cause!

Last edited: