• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our members needs our help

Mr H

I apologize for not posting this information sooner! My time has been slightly limited as Grapeshot is recovering at our house & has kept me hopping!

We are pleased with the response to date from everyone who has donated money and shown their support. A lot of tears shed here, that's for sure. We'll never be able to thank all of you enough. Never.

Grapejuice

Completely understandable!!!

And I'm sure I speak for others when I say it's the least we can do to help out someone who does all he does for the rest of us.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Most of us hate PayPal for their anti-gun policies. Some of us hate PayPal even more for some of the other tomfoolery they have done when playing with "our" money.

But in spite of all this, we get some small amount of shedenfreude when using them to fund gun-positive activities.

<snip>

I recently heard someone state, though "PayPal has never asked me to leave for carrying a gun. They've never challenged my business because I chose to protect myself."

Interesting attitude, I thought, as this person is using it to facilitate pro-gun activities.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I doubt Grapeshot's going to say much online about this. He's humbled over the response as well as somewhat self conscious I think. As sick as he's been, he rode with Skidmark to the motions hearing in Surry on Tuesday. It was obvious it was a struggle and he wasn't feeling well. I took a few videos.

Comparing the pictures with older ones I had, he's lost a lot of weight and he didn't have any to lose to start with....but he still managed to drag himself out long enough to support Skid.

DoubleTap

I doubt Grapeshot's going to say much online about this. He's humbled over the response as well as somewhat self conscious I think. As sick as he's been, he rode with Skidmark to the motions hearing in Surry on Tuesday. It was obvious it was a struggle and he wasn't feeling well. I took a few videos.

Comparing the pictures with older ones I had, he's lost a lot of weight and he didn't have any to lose to start with....but he still managed to drag himself out long enough to support Skid.

Nap, thank you for your post. I can certainly say on Grape's behalf, he is so very humbled and overwhelmed with the response. Thanks go out to everyone for their prayers and support.

Also, please accept our sincere sympathies over the loss of your father. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks for everything.

D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have not responded before this because I truly did not know what to say. I did not want help from anyone else - a man should take care of himself, that's the way I was raised. I realize that circumstances sometimes go beyond our capacity to respond and that is where I find myself. Acceptable to me was my family lending a hand, but the knowledge that people whom I have never met but through these pages has taught me something dramatic and profound - you are ALL my family and I part of yours. This is indeed a brotherhood, a family, of epic proportions.

To say that I am humbled and overwhelmed is a major understatement. I have unashamedly been reduced to tears at the words, much less the generosity, of those responding. May I in kind be able to return the trust and faith placed in me. My grandfather was a simple man (in my mind a great man) of deep convictions - at his knee I learned the meaning of honor, duty and being true to yourself. God willing, I will return and I do herewith promise and pledge to be stronger and better than before.

I mend well and am trying to wean myself from pain meds - they are not consistent with clear thinking. They played their part and I will leave them behind sooner rather that later.

Thank you everybody for your support and belief in me - you are the ones that need to take a bow.

I'll close this with my favorite Lakota Sioux expression - both a war cry and a salutation - Yata hey!!!!! = It is a great day for dying............. therefore a great day too for living. Hope you understand why this is not just my original signature line, but my creed as well.

----Dale

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
I have not responded before this because I truly did not know what to say. I did not want help from anyone else - a man should take care of himself, that's the way I was raised. I realize that circumstances sometimes go beyond our capacity to respond and that is where I find myself. Acceptable to me was my family lending a hand, but the knowledge that people whom I have never met but through these pages has taught me something dramatic and profound - you are ALL my family and I part of yours. This is indeed a brotherhood, a family, of epic proportions.

Dale - you lay it on the line every day for my rights and everyone else's and that is worth a heck of a lot to me. Unfortunately, worth more than I can actually afford to pay, but count me in anyhow.

DoubleTap

We goofed with re: to checks being made payable to Grapeshot Assistance Fund

Just as the title reads, we goofed with regard to how checks and/or money orders should be payable! Unfortunately, the bank will not accept checks payable to "Grapeshot Assistance Fund". To those of you who have already sent checks, they will be returned, with our many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

In light of the above, if you wish to send donations in this manner, we request that they be payable to Dawn Welch and memo the check to read "Grapeshot Assistance Fund" (the mailing address remains the same)
Billy & Seli, P.C.
4121 Cox Road, Suite 107
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Attn: Office Manager

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me a PM!

Thank you so very much for your continued support.

With warm regards,
Diane

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Just as the title reads, we goofed with regard to how checks and/or money orders should be payable! Unfortunately, the bank will not accept checks payable to "Grapeshot Assistance Fund". To those of you who have already sent checks, they will be returned, with our many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

In light of the above, if you wish to send donations in this manner, we request that they be payable to Dawn Welch and memo the check to read "Grapeshot Assistance Fund" (the mailing address remains the same)
Billy & Seli, P.C.
4121 Cox Road, Suite 107
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Attn: Office Manager

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me a PM!

Thank you so very much for your continued support.

With warm regards,
Diane

thank you for the new info....
I, like other Men sometimes do all the work, then set it on the counter, till wee finely decide to go to the post office.
my donation was still on the kitchen counter when i saw this updated info.
I was able to slit open the envelope and update the payee line and tape it closed again, it should be picked up on monday morning and be on its way.
All my love and best wishes will be riding along for grapeshot, and thanks to you grapejuice for your loving care.
..................................................take care Bob

whoops, i wrote my message inside to quoted text, so it wouldnt send the text, wow....

Last edited: