• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

one of us? open carry at dui checkpoint

Yard Sale

I got NHP dashcam video, video the city attorney previously said didn't exist. It shows the roadblock was illegal. It shows both witnesses perjured themselves in my previous trial. It also shows thugs with guns drawn and pointed at me for open carrying and having my hands on the steering wheel..

Attachments

• men with guns.jpg
    men with guns.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Yard Sale

Second trial was yesterday. A parade of cops testified I reached for my gun and that I seemed intoxicated. The city attorney went to great lengths to avoid admitting the blood tests. The arresting officer evaded my questions when asked if he arrested me for DUI and for possession of a firearm while intoxicated.

The judge said there was probable cause to arrest for DUI. So in Sparks, you can be stopped without suspicion of a crime, at a demonstrably illegal roadblock, the cops can make up lies about smelling a "sweet" smell and bloodshot watery eyes and demand a breath test, and if you decline the test, which is your right, there is probable cause to arrest you. America, F yeah.

The Big Guy

Second trial was yesterday. A parade of cops testified I reached for my gun and that I seemed intoxicated. The city attorney went to great lengths to avoid admitting the blood tests. The arresting officer evaded my questions when asked if he arrested me for DUI and for possession of a firearm while intoxicated.

The judge said there was probable cause to arrest for DUI. So in Sparks, you can be stopped without suspicion of a crime, at a demonstrably illegal roadblock, the cops can make up lies about smelling a "sweet" smell and bloodshot watery eyes and demand a breath test, and if you decline the test, which is your right, there is probable cause to arrest you. America, F yeah.

I know it does not help you now, but life will make these people pay for the evil they commit. Their time is growing short. I believe they will ultimately be held accountable. It is never soon enough for those wronged. When they do this to you, they do it to all of us as a society.

Keep up the good fight.

TBG

Yard Sale

Convicted again. Appealed again. This time I got a written decision, from which I will provide a few select quotes:

judge said:
...continuously and clearly obstructive ... including ... failure to roll down his window ... failure to open his door ... failure to answer proper non-incriminatory questions, deliberately evasive responses to questions ... refusal of a field sobriety test and preliminary breath test

City attorney, during sentencing, made it clear my life was in danger. City cops, during testimony, made it clear my life was in danger. So I guess it's a good thing I'm getting my pistol back!

turborich

I'm new here and I'll probably take heat for this but...

I can't see how a simple DUI check point is such a huge issue for you guys. What is wrong with trying to prevent DUI crashes and deaths before they have a chance to occur? Yes I know, The Federal Government helps to funds these check points. Who really cares? The police have a job just like anyone else. These guys don't make up whatever they want, their orders come from their chain of command. This happens at all of our workplaces.

All anyone needs to say is "No officer, I have not had anything to drink" They would then be on their way. If you are so stuck on a DUI check point being an "illegal road block" then why not just say "officer, This check point is unconstitutional and I respectfully choose to not answer any questions, May I please be on my way?" I think this approach would go over much smoother and you would have still made your point. At this point you may even have a valid reason to file a lawsuit if you were drug out of the vehicle however being combative at the start will never end well for you.

I look at it like this, there are good cops and bad cops. I genuinely respect the good guys and think the bad ones should be punished to the full extent of the law. These particular officers were very civil and acted professional. Like I said, they were only doing their job.

Honestly there are a lot more important things to worry about in life such as our families and loved ones. This reminds me of a stunt that a teenager would pull.:shocker:

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I can't see how a simple DUI check point is such a huge issue for you guys. What is wrong with trying to prevent DUI crashes and deaths before they have a chance to occur? Yes I know, The Federal Government helps to funds these check points. Who really cares? The police have a job just like anyone else. These guys don't make up whatever they want, their orders come from their chain of command. This happens at all of our workplaces.

It is called the Bill of Rights. Maybe read it? A cop violating the BOR is not just doing a job. Some of Hitlers boys were just were doing a job as well.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
ANY interference by ANY LEO or government agent with my freedom to participate in ANY activity PROTECTED by the Bill of Rights and our State or Federal Constitutions without reasonable articulabul suspicion of a crime OR a properly executed warrant is OFFENSIVE to me EVEN if it is only my LEO brother lighting me up to tell me he is having a bbq that he'd like me to attend!

All anyone needs to say is "No officer, I have not had anything to drink" They would then be on their way. If you are so stuck on a DUI check point being an "illegal road block" then why not just say "officer, This check point is unconstitutional and I respectfully choose to not answer any questions, May I please be on my way?" I think this approach would go over much smoother and you would have still made your point. At this point you may even have a valid reason to file a lawsuit if you were drug out of the vehicle however being combative at the start will never end well for you.

I look at it like this, there are good cops and bad cops. I genuinely respect the good guys and think the bad ones should be punished to the full extent of the law. These particular officers were very civil and acted professional. Like I said, they were only doing their job.

Honestly there are a lot more important things to worry about in life such as our families and loved ones. This reminds me of a stunt that a teenager would pull.:shocker:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I don't remember the numbers, but the math has been done that proves that roadblocks are NOT effective at stopping drunk driving. A drunk with a good lawyer will get off because of the illegality of the roadblock. Most of the officers at a roadblock are doing nothing more than posturing. The same number of officers ON PATROL will catch far more drunk drivers, and legally at that.

The Big Guy

“Like I said, they were only doing their job.”
Has there ever been a more infamous line than "I was only doing my job."?

“Honestly there are a lot more important things to worry about in life such as our families and loved ones.”
More important than Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness? The right to be secure in Person, Paper and affects? The right to freely travel?

“This reminds me of a stunt that a teenager would pull.”
Someone who does not understand the concept of resistance to tyranny surely must be the victim of a public school education/indoctrination.

Understand that I am not trying to belittle you. I simply ask that you do some homework on what is going on in this country and what it’s all about. Nothing is more important an issue for your family and loved ones than your unalienable rights and their future. This is a forum about the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment, the guarantor of all the other rights, including not being hassled as you peaceably go about your business.

TBG

turborich

“Like I said, they were only doing their job.”
Has there ever been a more infamous line than "I was only doing my job."?

“Honestly there are a lot more important things to worry about in life such as our families and loved ones.”
More important than Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness? The right to be secure in Person, Paper and affects? The right to freely travel?

“This reminds me of a stunt that a teenager would pull.”
Someone who does not understand the concept of resistance to tyranny surely must be the victim of a public school education/indoctrination.

Understand that I am not trying to belittle you. I simply ask that you do some homework on what is going on in this country and what it’s all about. Nothing is more important an issue for your family and loved ones than your unalienable rights and their future. This is a forum about the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment, the guarantor of all the other rights, including not being hassled as you peaceably go about your business.

TBG

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I know exactly what's going on with this country and it makes me cry.

What about that one time when you refuse to comply with the officer's request and you are arrested for obstructing? There have been times when a few upset cops can ruin your day. I totally understand your point however winding up in jail or being on the wrong side of the law isn't on my to do list. Instead of protesting at DUI check points why not assemble a friendly and orderly protest in Carson City or consider a letter writing campaign to our elected officials?

I'll walk into a gun friendly store with my gun on my hip, I'll even walk down the street with it, I would never walk into a police station looking to be challenged or for an altercation to occur. I just don't see the point in seeking this kind of trouble for yourself. It's possible that you could rub an officer the wrong way and run into him one night while in a dark alley. Instead I try and show respect to the police and hope for the same in return.

Thank you for everyone's comments.

Vegassteve

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I know exactly what's going on with this country and it makes me cry.

What about that one time when you refuse to comply with the officer's request and you are arrested for obstructing? There have been times when a few upset cops can ruin your day. I totally understand your point however winding up in jail or being on the wrong side of the law isn't on my to do list. Instead of protesting at DUI check points why not assemble a friendly and orderly protest in Carson City or consider a letter writing campaign to our elected officials?

I'll walk into a gun friendly store with my gun on my hip, I'll even walk down the street with it, I would never walk into a police station looking to be challenged or for an altercation to occur. I just don't see the point in seeking this kind of trouble for yourself. It's possible that you could rub an officer the wrong way and run into him one night while in a dark alley. Instead I try and show respect to the police and hope for the same in return.

Yeah why didn't rosa parks just stay off the bus and just protest the elected officials? Give me a break.

Last edited:

wrightme

That is a perfect time to be firm in your commitment to liberty. "Obstructing" doesn't give blanket coverage for officers to arrest when requests are not acquiesced to; otherwise, they weren't requests. Statute does give police the standing to 'demand' certain things. Failure to comply with statutory demands is cause for arrest. Failure to comply with non-statutory requests, isn't.

In the statement you have presented, you set up the grounds for a false arrest lawsuit.

The Big Guy

I have no other way to say it, but you then are part of the problem. They are the authority figure and we slaves MUST do as we are told. You will avail yourself of your rights, but only at the pleasure of the master. Only as long as it does not inconvenience you. For me, I will die on my feet, not on my knees. I will never bow to evil, and that is exactly what it is.

TBG

turborich

I guess you guys have never dealt with an over aggressive police officer before. When I was younger I had a couple of encounters and I couldn't believe just how corrupt *some* of them can be. In a court it is your word versus a police officer or police officers.

Although I'm not about to start refusing to answer a simple request by a police officer I do wish you guys the best at doing so.

Thank you for your comments.

wrightme

I guess you guys have never dealt with an over aggressive police officer before. When I was younger I had a couple of encounters and I couldn't believe just how corrupt *some* of them can be. In a court it is your word versus a police officer or police officers.

Although I'm not about to start refusing to answer a simple request by a police officer I do wish you guys the best at doing so.

Thank you for your comments.

Bowing to them does nothing to work towards a solution.

Recorder on. Then it doesn't matter how corrupt they are. In fact, that will work against them.

Last edited:

wrightme

Yes, Unless they confiscate your camera. Then what?
Either fight on, or roll over and play dead. It is obvious your path has been chosen already, so your input is moot.

EACH 'point' you present is illegal activity by LE. You can either accept and allow it, or fight it.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yes, Unless they confiscate your camera. Then what?

How many times will a court have to hear about that before they believe it is happening? And if you really cared about this path, there are recorders available that upload to the Internet in real time to storage on your home computer.

But it's a lot easier to just roll over when told to.

Did you read about the "EVERYBODY FREEZE" orders being barked at passengers in an airport terminal? Turns out, it was just a test, and you didn't really have to do it, but everybody did because they weren't told they didn't really have to. The test was a rousing success for the cops.