• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dress Code

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Im rockin my Slipknot shirt & jeans. I'm in business casual like 99% of the time. When im relaxing its a metal shirt jeans an gym shoes which Im OC'n in right now.

Mike
Damn Straight! +1000!...i like to wear some nice black levi's or polo jeans and a t-shirt with some sort of skull, dragon, motorcycle, or band name on it. I have near shoulder length black hair which can be a pain to keep in line but i try. Black Steel Toes and a hoodie. Is this too un-formal for yall?
Ahh...i see now...my bad completely...i was simply stating what i like to generally wear...not what i wear whilst carrying! lol i should have clarified that i dont carry, however i had assumed that (with previous posts in previous threads) most would know that i am a minor and do not carry a weapon...my apologies for the misconception pat...i do not currently own, or carry any firearm at any time

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Im rockin my Slipknot shirt & jeans. I'm in business casual like 99% of the time. When im relaxing its a metal shirt jeans an gym shoes which Im OC'n in right now.

Mike
Damn Straight! +1000!...i like to wear some nice black levi's or polo jeans and a t-shirt with some sort of skull, dragon, motorcycle, or band name on it. I have near shoulder length black hair which can be a pain to keep in line but i try. Black Steel Toes and a hoodie. Is this too un-formal for yall?
Is that how you dress while open carrying?
yea...i mean i dont look like a friggin slob...i like to keep clean and neat, however, ive been thinking about this, i like wearing hoodies, and hate tucking in my shirts, is there any way to responsibly OC without having to tuck a hoodie and tshirt behing my holster?...i mean i think that would look not only bad but irresponsible...if i cant get around it then ill do what i have to do, just looking for opinions?

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Mike
yea...i mean i dont look like a friggin slob...i like to keep clean and neat, however, ive been thinking about this, i like wearing hoodies, and hate tucking in my shirts, is there any way to responsibly OC without having to tuck a hoodie and tshirt behing my holster?...i mean i think that would look not only bad but irresponsible...if i cant get around it then ill do what i have to do, just looking for opinions?
well holy $hit!!!....im 100% serious when i say...well type...i did NOT see your question pat...not even when i went back and quoted myself...i was replying to autosurgeons post "If it's clean and neat... hey that is really good enough for most things :cool:

I think many are reading too much into this and think that some of us are the dress Nazis..." i think you posted your question as i was replying to autosurgeons post, then my reply took me to the next page so i thought autosurgeons post was the last post, then you said you suggest i refrain from carrying....what a fkn mess

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It gets out of hand rather fast sometimes :uhoh:

It will all come out in the wash though.... I hope :lol:
You want us to do wash now too?

scot623

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Mike
 Posted: Sat Mar 13th, 2010 09:59 pm

Quote     Reply  

You said "yea" to his question if you dress like that when you OC. It's seems pretty clear you are sayin you OC. Are we missing something?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Youautosurgeon wrote:
If it's clean and neat... hey that is really good enough for most things :cool:

I think many are reading too much into this and think that some of us are the dress Nazis...

When in reality we just realize that our image as a group however loosely knit can make or break the message!
You might as well give it up! Most of The younger crowd (Not necessarily anyone here)was taught individuality comes from the way you dress/look (They call it expressing yourself), How many tatoo's you have, the most obnoxious t-shirt, and whoever has the most holes in your face is the coolest no matter where or when. In reality all that is fine but really the first guy to do all that was the only Pioneer, the rest are just Settlers (IMO).
What some weren't taught is speech, and behavior is still how you express your self in professional situations. I'm not saying that we all have to dress the same, or that we even have to show up in suits, but Attire is a presentation of Attitude!
I recall pictures of my grandfather in suits, along with all other people/friends he worked with. At home though he whore bibs & a t-shirt. Because no matter if they all dressed the same at work, or church, or in court they all were different inside. They all drove different cars, ate different foods, drank different liquors, they didn't care what others thought, & they didn't have this look at me (15 minutes of fame) mentality, They all dressed differently at home. They knew as most of us here should know is that regardless of how free we are, or how more socially accepting we have become they're still are certain segments of our population that judge you based on appearance (Leo's, Judges, Bible Thumper's etc).
I'm not saying it's right, Just saying it exists. I have shown up for din-din in camo pants, with a Pabst t-shirt, and I don't see a problem with that, but when I showed at THways court appearance I showed in dress pants, and a nice Button up shirt. At Cabela's I whore nice jeans, & a dark long sleeve t-shirt with a lighter colored short sleeve over it. I'm just saying maybe a little attention to the attire, for the proper situation.

:)

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Youautosurgeon wrote:
If it's clean and neat... hey that is really good enough for most things :cool:

I think many are reading too much into this and think that some of us are the dress Nazis...

When in reality we just realize that our image as a group however loosely knit can make or break the message!
You might as well give it up! Most of The younger crowd (Not necessarily anyone here)was taught individuality comes from the way you dress/look (They call it expressing yourself), How many tatoo's you have, the most obnoxious t-shirt, and whoever has the most holes in your face is the coolest. In reality all that is fine but really the first guy to do all that was the only Pioneer, the rest are just Settlers (IMO).
What some weren't taught is speech, and behavior is still how you express your self in professional situations. I'm not saying that we all have to dress the same, or that we even have to show up in suits, but Attire is a presentation of Attitude!
I recall pictures of my grandfather in suits, along with all other people/friends he worked with. At home though he whore bibs & a t-shirt. Because no matter if they all dressed the same at work, or church, or in court they all were different inside. They all drove different cars, ate different foods, drank different liquors, they didn't care what others thought, & they didn't have this look at me (15 minutes of fame) mentality, They all dressed differently at home. They knew as most of us here should know is that regardless of how free we are, or how more socially accepting we have become they're still are certain segments of our population that judge you based on appearance (Leo's, Judges, Bible Thumper's etc).
I'm not saying it's right, Just saying it exists. I have shown up for din-din in camo pants, with a Pabst t-shirt, and I don't see a problem with that, but when I showed at THways court appearance I showed in dress pants, and a nice Button up shirt. At Cabela's I whore nice jeans, & a dark long sleeve t-shirt with a lighter colored short sleeve over it. I'm just saying maybe a little attention to the attire, for the proper situation.

:)
i agree...i generally look like a not so nice guy, thats just how i look. I wear the clothes i wear because there comfortable and they stand out. I like being the only one wearing stand out clothes. However i do know when too much is too much and how to look nice, neat, and presentable. I guess for me its all about whos going to see me and what im doing. If its a bunch of people i dont know and will never see again i generally dont give a $h!t what they think of me, but if i were to one of several people at an event, i can pull of the jeans and t-shirt, and i actually get compliments when dressing in anything formal. "Sighs" idk...im really liking the look of a Drop leg holster tho

taxwhat

imported post

Seven day in week so M-W-F Semi-autos only.......T-T Revolvers only .......S-S One of each. As far as Color of the Day Please check with Detroit Gang Squad.On Holidays Your choice ...Birthday your Newest firearm ....at any event with more than ten humans ...must stand in order of age [ do not care if older or younger first] ..Butt Youngest MUST pay for older persons seated next to them.Working on even odd next then Astrological Signs will be addressed. Thank You for your anticipated cooperation .

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Seven day in week so M-W-F Semi-autos only.......T-T Revolvers only .......S-S One of each. As far as Color of the Day Please check with Detroit Gang Squad.On Holidays Your choice ...Birthday your Newest firearm ....at any event with more than ten humans ...must stand in order of age [ do not care if older or younger first] ..Butt Youngest MUST pay for older persons seated next to them.Working on even odd next then Astrological Signs will be addressed. Thank You for your anticipated cooperation .
im really hoping you meant that to be confusing as hell...because i read it a good 3 times and still have absolutely no idea what you just said....well....typed

taxwhat

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Please Note at this time color and/or material of holsters has yet to be determined .As will Blue vs SS. Feel Free to make your comments on approved form[ like-i-give- a-hoot -2010-MSP-voluntary ]

taxwhat

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Please Note at this time color and/or material of holsters has yet to be determined .As will Blue vs SS. Feel Free to make your comments on approved form[ like-i-give- a-hoot -2010-MSP-voluntary]
Note : Recent event Photo Ops Please Remember Rule : Alphabetically positioning of firearms {Not Holsters ] Beretta ,,Browning .Colt ,,,Dan Wesson ,,Jenning,,Kimber etc.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

as i said...i have no idea what your trying to say or get across in general. its pretty humorous :lol::lol::lol: but is there actually a point here?...if im missing something feel free to tell me at annnyyy time ;)