• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

Tricorn

Armed Security Guard at Giant

The Empress and I went to Giant on Courthouse RD and Leavells Rd to get some groceries this morning. As we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a guy in a uniform with "SECURITY" on it hanging around the entrance. As we went in I saw he was armed. He was on my carry side (I was carrying my 1911) and I saw him give me a look-over. We went in and started shopping. A couple of minutes later I saw him come into the store and hang around the front of the store, I got the feeling (my spidey-sense) he was keeping an eye on me. At one point we had to walk right past him. We gave each other the '"Hi" and nod'. We finished shopping and checked out. The cashier said Giant hired the armed guard to give the customers a sense of security with everything that has been going on. When we went out to the car, the guard was back outside hanging around the entrance.

TFred

The Empress and I went to Giant on Courthouse RD and Leavells Rd to get some groceries this morning. As we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a guy in a uniform with "SECURITY" on it hanging around the entrance. As we went in I saw he was armed. He was on my carry side (I was carrying my 1911) and I saw him give me a look-over. We went in and started shopping. A couple of minutes later I saw him come into the store and hang around the front of the store, I got the feeling (my spidey-sense) he was keeping an eye on me. At one point we had to walk right past him. We gave each other the '"Hi" and nod'. We finished shopping and checked out. The cashier said Giant hired the armed guard to give the customers a sense of security with everything that has been going on. When we went out to the car, the guard was back outside hanging around the entrance.
The owners of Giant stores are very much in the public spotlight right now, with their merger with the owners of Food Lion. All the Fredericksburg area Food Lions are to be divested, apparently to be picked up by Weis Markets out of Pennsylvania.

Let's hope they don't lose their head and implement any stupid new policies.

TFred

Tricorn

Armed Guard @ Giant - Day 2.

Had a bunch of errands to run, would be getting in and out of the truck so I opted to OC my J-frame today to make it easier. Dropped some stuff off at several of the in-laws, Wawa for gas, NSWC FCU, and Giant (pick up a prescription). Pulled into the Giant parking lot and didn't see the guard. As I went in, he was standing just inside the door. We exchanged salutations. He said he had to come inside for a bit due to the heat. We started talking about the weather and heat and storms. We chatted for about 5 minutes and I learned he is living in the Woodbridge area, and he is originally from California. It looked like he was carrying a glock. He said he was heading back outside so we bid each other adieu and went our ways.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a bunch of errands to run, would be getting in and out of the truck so I opted to OC my J-frame today to make it easier. Dropped some stuff off at several of the in-laws, Wawa for gas, NSWC FCU, and Giant (pick up a prescription). Pulled into the Giant parking lot and didn't see the guard. As I went in, he was standing just inside the door. We exchanged salutations. He said he had to come inside for a bit due to the heat. We started talking about the weather and heat and storms. We chatted for about 5 minutes and I learned he is living in the Woodbridge area, and he is originally from California. It looked like he was carrying a glock. He said he was heading back outside so we bid each other adieu and went our ways.
Invite him to the picnic on July 30[SUP]th[/SUP]. :)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?133436-VCDL-picnics-Sat-7-30-16