• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in a Chestefield Elementary School - Arrest

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Do you sense a pattern here?

Cosby student charged for having weapons in car

A Police State?

I'd like to know under what portion of the code the knives in the car constitute any sort of violation, unless Chesterfield has a restriction on any knives on school property. Even then his infraction would at most be a misdemeanor. Secondly I'd like to know in what portion of the car the non-working revolver was found. If in the trunk I believe that it is considered a closed container for the purposes of the law. Above all, I'd like to know why cops thought they had any reason to search the car of an 18 year old for the presence of tobacco, when he is certainly of age to possess it.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

When I was a Cub Scout, they gave me a folding knife. It was wonderful. No problems with knives back in the good old days.

12-year-old arrested for having pocketknife at John Rolfe Middle School

More stupid laws. First off the law says that anything under 3" is fine in schools. The school policy may ban students from bringing any knife to school and they could expel/suspend the student. The only way he would be charged with a felony is if the knife was 3" or over since the "stupid law" defines that as a weapon.

Elect me king for a day and I will wipe all stupid laws off the books!!!

As far as the man that OC-ed to a school, I feel for him and hope things work out that he can continue to exercise his GOD-GIVEN-RIGHT if the loveable administrators of virginia law deem it acceptable. First of all there should be absolutely no FELONY that doesn't include some form of malicious intent!!! Secondly I am getting very tired of obeying stupid laws.

While I praise VCDL and other gun rights groups for all the work they/we do I am getting very tired of suffering fools in government.

va_tazdad

Thank God I don't attend schools today

More stupid laws. First off the law says that anything under 3" is fine in schools. The school policy may ban students from bringing any knife to school and they could expel/suspend the student. The only way he would be charged with a felony is if the knife was 3" or over since the "stupid law" defines that as a weapon.

Elect me king for a day and I will wipe all stupid laws off the books!!!

As far as the man that OC-ed to a school, I feel for him and hope things work out that he can continue to exercise his GOD-GIVEN-RIGHT if the loveable administrators of virginia law deem it acceptable. First of all there should be absolutely no FELONY that doesn't include some form of malicious intent!!! Secondly I am getting very tired of obeying stupid laws.

While I praise VCDL and other gun rights groups for all the work they/we do I am getting very tired of suffering fools in government.

I carried the pocket knife my grandfather gave me when I was 12 to school everyday. Thankfully, I graduated and escaped New York stupidity in 1974, long before the fascists took control of the schools there and here.

I really feel sorry for today's youth. The idiotic restrictions in schools today make being safe almost impossible. "Gun Free Zones" are nothing but "zero tolerance" free fire zones.