• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Metro Richmond

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:
Snip"

So, my question to the forum, should I leave it in the car or continue to OC at the Kroger?

Gunny:cool:
A - A hearty wecome aboard. This site is populated mostly with good guys and gals who carry for personal/family defense and many are politically active. Try one of the monthly OC dinners in your area - the Richmond OC dinner is coming up next week:
Thursday, May 22nd, 7:00P.M.
Super King Buffet
8087 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23294

B - OC wherever legal and not posted to your heart's content - try to never provide an opportunity for a BG to beak into your vehicle and steal your weapon.

C - Next time get the officers name and badge or ask for his business card - then file a complaint! What he did was wrong!

Yata hey

Gunny5821

imported post

Hey Grapeshot,

Thats what I thought, but since I am NEW to the "OC" World, I figured I would utilize this forum to quantify my thoughts. Thank you for the welcome and how to do's..

I cannot make the dinner next week, but I sure can in June and will plan on it every month. Is there any kinda of attire requirements, besides OC? What is the process, meaning is there an RSVP and what is the general cost for the event and is up pay with RSVP or just when you get there?

Again, Thanks and I will be looking forward to this forum,dinners and most importantly, getting to know new folk!

Gunny

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:
Hey Grapeshot,

Thats what I thought, but since I am NEW to the "OC" World, I figured I would utilize this forum to quantify my thoughts. Thank you for the welcome and how to do's..

I cannot make the dinner next week, but I sure can in June and will plan on it every month. Is there any kinda of attire requirements, besides OC? What is the process, meaning is there an RSVP and what is the general cost for the event and is up pay with RSVP or just when you get there?

Again, Thanks and I will be looking forward to this forum,dinners and most importantly, getting to know new folk!

Gunny
Follow the Virginia postings each month - we generally meet for good food and conversation around the 15th. RSVP only so we can estimate seating needed. No cost other than the price of your meal. Bring a spouse/gf/guest and kids are always welcome.

While your at the computer, check out the Virginia Citizen's Defense League at
http://www.vcdl.org/
They are the premier grass roots activism group for 2nd Amendment rights in Virginia. They are putting on a picnic in Newport News of June 22nd and it's free!

REMINDER: VCDL PICNIC IN NEWPORT NEWS NEXT MONTH - RSVP!

This year's VCDL picnic will be held in Riverview Farm Park on
Saturday, June 21 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Here is a link to information about the park:
http://www.nnparks.com/parks_riverview.php

Delegate Brenda Pogge, who carried HB 529 for VCDL to fruition this
year, will be one of our guest speakers.

There is nothing to bring and there is no cost. We do ask that you let
us know if you are coming so we know how much food to buy.

To RSVP, send an email to picnics*vcdl.org with your name and the
number of guests coming with you.

If you can help with the picnic (cooking, setting up/tearing down,
etc.) include that information in your email.

These picnics are always a lot of fun, especially when shared by so
many like-minded, wonderful people!

****We have about 67 RSVPs so far! But I would love to get at least
100 or so... Between our activists in Central and South East
Virginia, we should be able to pack that picnic, reminding law-makers
that VCDL can turnout a crowd like no one else!****

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

After the gun show today, my wife and I went to dinner.

First we stopped for a minute at Memories Galore, a scrapbook store off of West Braod. OC'd there without a problem.

Then we went to Bertucci's Restaurant in Short Pump. Got a very brief funny look from one of two folks (customers)as we walked in. We sat at a table in the bar area and had a wonderful, event free OC meal!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Open carried at Ruby Tuesday's on Broad in the West End no problems. Got complimented on my salad presentation at the salad bar.

Open carried while walking in Echo Lake Park in Henrico County. Passed by 3 folks one man of Asian Descent (possibly a non-native citizen) saw me and his eyes damn near popped out. His wife smiled back at me and my wife.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:
So, my question to the forum, should I leave it in the car or continue to OC at the Kroger?

Gunny, I know the Kroger you speak of. I am very, very familiar with the Carver neighborhood, Jackson Ward, and the fan. My advice to you is never, never, ever leave any firearm in your vehicle. Especially in those neighborhoods.

Carver and Jackson Ward used to be my districts. I am familiar with the community. There are good folks living there, but there are always bad folks passing through.

Semper Fi!

vt357

imported post

OC'ed at quite a few places yesterday. The Ben Franklin Craft store to pick up some pictures I had framed, Blockbuster video, Bruster's Ice Cream, and the ABC store - all located on Hull St. in Chesterfield. Nice afternoon and no problems.

sitedzn

imported post

vt357 wrote:
OC'ed at quite a few places yesterday. The Ben Franklin Craft store to pick up some pictures I had framed, Blockbuster video, Bruster's Ice Cream, and the ABC store - all located on Hull St. in Chesterfield. Nice afternoon and no problems.
Let me know the next time you'll be at Bruster's - we'll hook up for an ICOC! My kids love their ice cream and it's only 5 minutes from home.

vt357

imported post

Shopped in Walmart on 360 yesterday for over 2 hours (does that amount of time qualify for a negative OC experience by itself? :lol:), but I had no problems. We got lots of supplies for our camping trip this weekend, bought 2 new pairs of jeans for $8 each, and did some grocery shopping - amazing place.

Also ate at Chick-fil-A in the same shopping center. Right before we finished, 3 of Chesterfield's finest came in on break to eat dinner. Despite the fact that, in my opinion, Chesterfield officers are severely underpaid, they are well trained. All the officers I have met so far have been professional and know the law. Another officer was also pulling in as we were walking to our car. Good experience all around.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Had a wonderful OC experience yesterday (Thursday 5/22)! Sort of a 2-for-1 thing.

Went in for my semi-annual hearing aid tune-up, OC-ing my new Charter Arms .327 Magunum. Spent about an hour being shuttled from room to room to room for the hearing test, adjust the aids, another hearing test, more adjustments, and some basic maintenance work. Towards the end the receptionist (a sweet lady) did the :what:"OMG! You're packing!" thing.

Both the technicians (guy a biyt older than me & young lady about 27-ish) gave the receptionist the big :Dand just about at the same time said "He always carries."

The four of ustalked for a few minutes strolling out towards the lobby about OC and CC and guns in general. Right in front of an older couple (OK, these days anybody older than me is getting on towards ancient). They both smiled and said it was a good thing somebody was looking out for themselves.:celebrate

And then ended the day with the Richmond OC dinner.

Good times all around.

stay safe.

skidmark