• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in the news KHQ interview with Jeff Hayes

fetch

I have been offline for awhile, glad I caught this.
Yes, Hadji has done a lot, on a couple of issues, for the cause. My thanks to him.
My questions are, Who is going to the Monday night (July 8th) city council meeting?
And is anyone going to OC?
Supposedly the city has put in place tighter security at the council meetings.

Jeff Hayes

I have been offline for awhile, glad I caught this.
Yes, Hadji has done a lot, on a couple of issues, for the cause. My thanks to him.
My questions are, Who is going to the Monday night (July 8th) city council meeting?
And is anyone going to OC?
Supposedly the city has put in place tighter security at the council meetings.

I was at the City Counsel meeting on the 24th and kinda concealed, the bottom half or two thirds of the holster was showing and I walked 2 feet in front of the Cop strong side to him, he was sitting down I do not know how he could have missed it.

There was only the one Cop there and he followed me in and sat a row behind me and about 5 seats over to my left right for most of the meeting never said a word to me. But he had an eye on me the entire meeting. Before I got up to leave I fully exposed the pistol and used the bathroom chatted woth a guy on the way out and no one including the Cop said a word.

I will be there on the 8th I will be armed as usual.

I will post on SGT as well and ask for other to join us the more the merrier IMHO.

Last edited:

hadji

I will be there, prepared to address the Council, if it seems necesary.

We do not want this to become a 'firearms' issue;
it is a housekeeping issue to fix a technical wording problem with a city ordinance,
bringing it into compliance with state law.

If there seems to be significant opposition,
we may choose to combine our numbers,
allowing a spokesman 15 minutes to address all issues,
rather than the usual 3 minutes per person.

hadji

Jeff Hayes

I will be there, prepared to address the Council, if it seems necesary.

We do not want this to become a 'firearms' issue;
it is a housekeeping issue to fix a technical wording problem with a city ordinance,
bringing it into compliance with state law.

If there seems to be significant opposition,
we may choose to combine our numbers,
allowing a spokesman 15 minutes to address all issues,
rather than the usual 3 minutes per person.

hadji

I agree that one person would be better than 5 speaking.

Jeff