• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry incident with police today, Tukwila

hermannr

Not defending the RP's actions, but I thought I would throw out the fact that Seattle recruited a bunch of officers awhile back from such places as NYC, DC, and Chicago...remember?

Someone with a background from those areas probably would be "uncomfortable" with OC, and frustrated they could do nothing about it. Yes, it sounded like he knew, and purposely used, everything in his means to get 911 to dispatch.

RugerSR9

Excuse me for asking, I live in spokane and there has been some misunderstanding. I have looked around and found very little answers. Am I allowed to oc with my weapon loaded? I fear I have been breaking the law.

Last edited:

PALO

Excuse me for asking, I live in spokane and there has been some misunderstanding. I have looked around and found very little answers. Am I allowed to oc with my weapon loaded? I fear I have been breaking the law.

yes. case law solidly establishes this. not remotely arguable

DocWalker

It has been my observation that most criminals don't wait for a "time-out" so you can load your weapon. Kalifornia was the only state that only allowed you to carry EMPTY.....but they fixed it so only LE and Criminals can even carry a pistol now. Unless of course you can obtain one of the concealed carry cards, good luck with that in kalifornia.

As for Spokane the powers to be haven't given the criminals the edge yet.

hermannr

You can carry, fully loaded, one in the pipe, cocked and locked, without a license, everywhere you can carry with a CPL, EXCEPT in a vehicle. If you do not have a CPL, you need to unload (pop the mag and clear the chamber, or dump the cylinder in a revolver.) when you get in a vehicle. Oh yes, forgot the school, and stadium restriction for unlicensed carry too. With a license you can carry loaded when you pick up or drop off your kids at school,,,and IF the local government has restricted carry at a city owned stadium, you will need a CPL to carry there too. Best read and learn RCW 9.41.

IMHO: The #1 reason to have a CPL. You can carry loaded in a vehicle with the license. Easy to obtain a CPL here. $55.25 will do it for 5 years, go to the local Sheriff's office, fill out the paperwork, get fingerprinted, and in 0 to 30 days (depending on county) you will have a little piece of paper that will cover your loaded carry in a Vehicle too.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
You can carry, fully loaded, one in the pipe, cocked and locked, without a license, everywhere you can carry with a CPL, EXCEPT in a vehicle. If you do not have a CPL, you need to unload (pop the mag and clear the chamber, or dump the cylinder in a revolver.) when you get in a vehicle. Oh yes, forgot the school, and stadium restriction for unlicensed carry too. With a license you can carry loaded when you pick up or drop off your kids at school,,,and IF the local government has restricted carry at a city owned stadium, you will need a CPL to carry there too. Best read and learn RCW 9.41.

IMHO: The #1 reason to have a CPL. You can carry loaded in a vehicle with the license. Easy to obtain a CPL here. $55.25 will do it for 5 years, go to the local Sheriff's office, fill out the paperwork, get fingerprinted, and in 0 to 30 days (depending on county) you will have a little piece of paper that will cover your loaded carry in a Vehicle too.

Along with this, you can take possession of a handgun when you buy it and not have a waiting period.
Just get it and carry it, there are more benefits with it then with out it.

Last edited: