• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry is illegal at a polling place according to State Board of Elections?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by skidmark

Why display your CHP when you can display this http://tacticaltupperware.com/?p=865

Beats a CCW bage every day!

I'll look to see if I can find a picture

Multiple choice.:D

435chp-set.jpg

Last edited:

TFred

The Table of Contents of the guidelines:

Table of Contents
18 Election Day
18.1 Election Materials
18.1.1 Plan In Advance
18.1.2 Obtain “Single Quantity Election Material” Forms
18.1.3 Packaging and Scheduled Pick Up Of Materials
18.1.4 Materials to Be Used
18.2 Unruly Behavior at the Polling Location
18.2.1 General Disruption and Campaigning within the Polling Place
18.2.2 Weapons in the Polling Place
18.2.3 Cameras in the Polling Place
18.2.4 Children in the Polling Place

It is patently offensive, and should be against the law to even include the section on lawfully carried weapons in a section titled "Unruly Behavior at the Polling Location".

This would seem to violate all sorts of court precedents that have affirmed that merely carrying a defensive weapon is not RAS for a crime, etc. But that is exactly what they are saying through the organizational structure of this document.

ETA: From the guideline:

"If the person does not immediately comply [leave], have an election official call 9-1-1 and report the incident."

What is it exactly that they are supposed to "report"? "There is a voter here who is not breaking the law in any manner whatsoever, can you please send an officer to harass them?"

:banghead:

TFred

Last edited:

riverrat10k

I noted that in some of the rest of the proceeedures/regs law was referenced .

No reference to statute in this section.

A farce. Totally illegal "regulation" and proven so by no cite to code.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Table of Contents of the guidelines:

Table of Contents

18.2 Unruly Behavior at the Polling Location
18.2.1 General Disruption and Campaigning within the Polling Place
18.2.2 Weapons in the Polling Place

It is patently offensive, and should be against the law to even include the section on lawfully carried weapons in a section titled "Unruly Behavior at the Polling Location".

This would seem to violate all sorts of court precedents that have affirmed that merely carrying a defensive weapon is not RAS for a crime, etc. But that is exactly what they are saying through the organizational structure of this document.

ETA: From the guideline:

"If the person does not immediately comply [leave], have an election official call 9-1-1 and report the incident."

What is it exactly that they are supposed to "report"? "There is a voter here who is not breaking the law in any manner whatsoever, can you please send an officer to harass them?"

:banghead:

TFred

Someone is promoting their personal, political agenda.:banghead:

Another reason why state agencies need to be included in 15.2-915

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just got a call from Delegate Peace's office.
(I was caught of guard and had to dig to get the chapter reference).

They are contacting the Assistant AG who handles the BOE and were shocked that the BOE had not asked for guidance (Actually they argued that they had to have until I told them the BOE had admitted it in an FOIA).

We are still a ways from an official AG opinion, but may be able to clear it up without one.

I'm going to a Beach Boys Concert now!

TFred

I hope this turns out the way we want it... They've stripped the First Amendment away from voters at the curb for as many years as I can remember, and many more people usually get upset about that one than the Second!

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hope this turns out the way we want it... They've stripped the First Amendment away from voters at the curb for as many years as I can remember, and many more people usually get upset about that one than the Second!

TFred

That's why I'm playing it by the numbers TFred.
Talking to the BOE doesn't work. I'm gradually putting everyone in a position where they have to fish or cut bait.

A little help would be good. OV is not a gun lobby.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I just got a call from Delegate Peace's office.
(I was caught of guard and had to dig to get the chapter reference).

They are contacting the Assistant AG who handles the BOE and were shocked that the BOE had not asked for guidance (Actually they argued that they had to have until I told them the BOE had admitted it in an FOIA).

We are still a ways from an official AG opinion, but may be able to clear it up without one.

I'm going to a Beach Boys Concert now!

I was pretty sure that the BOE had not contacted the AG's office on this.....

Maybe you could let Del. Peace's office know that some revisions were submitted to the BOE and they never bothered to look at them.....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was pretty sure that the BOE had not contacted the AG's office on this.....

Maybe you could let Del. Peace's office know that some revisions were submitted to the BOE and they never bothered to look at them.....

I did...I don't think the AG's office will be happy.
I used my favorite line "You can't just make up laws":lol:

Bowesmobile

That's why I'm playing it by the numbers TFred.
Talking to the BOE doesn't work. I'm gradually putting everyone in a position where they have to fish or cut bait.

A little help would be good. OV is not a gun lobby.

What can we do to help? Or what can I do to help? Either one works.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What can we do to help? Or what can I do to help? Either one works.

Hopefully, everyone will send an email to their Delegate/Senator with a CC to Chris Peace.

Tell them they have no authority to implement this rule and allowing CC but calling 911 for OC is tantamount to the Jim Crow laws.

Bowesmobile

Okay, I'm on it. I'll type one up hopefully tonight. I dont expect much since its the fourth. But it'll be waiting for them when they get back.

paramedic70002

Whatever drooling anti wrote that policy obviously doesn't know the difference between "weapon" "handgun" and "permit."

Note they reference a "concealed weapons permit" yet VA issues a "concealed handgun permit" which renders the whole thing useless.