• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Protest at Arts Beats And Eats?

scot623

This, they get on me about not being here before, and not being at the meetings (Which were already over with when I found out about this), but then when I try to get involved, this happens. Maybe I came on strong, and I admit that, but to call me an anti, or suggest that I'm that crazy SOB with the beard?

Seeing as how we live in the same city, let's meet up asap and introduce ourselves. PM me and I'll meet you anywhere you like. I'm free tonight after 9pm, tomorrow after 7pm, Thursday for coffee before 10am or after 9pm and Friday after 7pm. I look forward to meeting you.

Last edited:

office888

Protest what?

We've already got the right to carry at this event.

Go to the event to eat food and listen to excellent music, but don't go to protest nothing.

Because quite frankly, we already have everything.

Just treat this as you would going to Walmart or something?

This thread is bad, you should feel bad for making it, blah blah blah...

-Richard-

eastmeyers

Eastmyers, I was supporting the AB&E's thread over on the MGO site. I didn't get over here until this month. Every blog and paper out there, that has written about this issue, I have replied with facts and not feelings. Sorry I didn't get over here sooner. It seems tough, everyone here is over there, so it's like one big happy family. :shocker: Just kidding.... :lol:
Dude I am right with you. I am over at MGO too. All I am saying is if you wanna support ABE, wouldn't common sense say, go to one of the other threads (MGO/OCDO/MOC) and show your support their? Not join a group, and with your very first and second posts make two new threads asking for a protest to carry long guns? This is something if you even skim through the MGO/MOC/OCDO threads you would know that it has already overwhelmingly been decided that long guns should NOT be carried at ABE.
Like I said I am right with you. And like I have said before, I don't care if people on here could not make it to the meetings, the point is you actually showed your support on here, or on MGO, or on MOC.
This thread is not about showing support for MOC/MGO/OCDO, or the 2A in general, this thread is strictly about trying to derail the movement, and make us look bad, and give the anti's ammo to goto Lansing with. Period.

kyleplusitunes

Eastmyers, I was supporting the AB&E's thread over on the MGO site. I didn't get over here until this month. Every blog and paper out there, that has written about this issue, I have replied with facts and not feelings. Sorry I didn't get over here sooner. It seems tough, everyone here is over there, so it's like one big happy family. :shocker: Just kidding.... :lol:

I personally don't think our cause would be best served by carrying an AR to the event. It's just what the anti's are looking for. Patterson would have a field day if someone showed up with one. We don't need negative publicity at this point. We won the contract victory, now show some common sense and carry responsibly. Paul, Scott and everyone else has worked too hard for this to be ruined by someone showing up with an AR strapped to his back. No one that I know of, walks around on a daily basis with a rifle strapped to their back. Someone is talking about strapping on a Rossi Ranch Hand. I don't think that needs to be there as well.

I wish I could make to AB&E's, I will be at the other second amendment event on Saturday, Ted Nugent's concert at DTE. The rest of the weekend is out for me.

p.s. PDinDetroit hope you feel better...
JMHO.... Jerbear

We are making strides, even in the CC world.

concealedcarrysign.jpg

the bottom line is this forum does not talk about or oc long arms, this has been discussed at length in the past, if you would like to join our efforts on this site, talk about hand guns, been waiting for the mods to step in here, doesn't look like it's going to happen, so just drop the long arm talk.

Jerbear1098

Dude I am right with you. I am over at MGO too. All I am saying is if you wanna support ABE, wouldn't common sense say, go to one of the other threads (MGO/OCDO/MOC) and show your support their? Not join a group, and with your very first and second posts make two new threads asking for a protest to carry long guns? This is something if you even skim through the MGO/MOC/OCDO threads you would know that it has already overwhelmingly been decided that long guns should NOT be carried at ABE.
Like I said I am right with you. And like I have said before, I don't care if people on here could not make it to the meetings, the point is you actually showed your support on here, or on MGO, or on MOC.
This thread is not about showing support for MOC/MGO/OCDO, or the 2A in general, this thread is strictly about trying to derail the movement, and make us look bad, and give the anti's ammo to goto Lansing with. Period.

Agreed.... :exclaim:

Bailenforcer

My point was the new gentleman named small arms collector may not have been able to attend a meeting because he is new here, I don't fault him for that thus I do not think his not knowing of a meeting or not being able to attend for personal reasons, family or work reasons does not make him or anyone else a troll. if I could afford the trips to the picnics I would be there myself. But a 5.2 liter powered Grand Cherokee has a problem with over indulgence with gasoline. There are many reasons that might be valid for not always attending things. So I would hold the troll spray on S.A.C. as he is new here. My thoughts were on how he handled things and worded things, I made this clear and with repetition so I wouldn't again be misinterpreted by those who try hard to. But Small Arms Collector might be genuine in his feelings, but we always need to measure our outrage and not allow emotions to rule our mouth. Emotions are not need when logic and reason should be our sword.

No you guys obviously are not trolls, the point I was making is that if you were a supporter of the ABE issue (enough to have a "protest") you would have been in the ABE thread showing your support. If you didn't know about this web site like he claims, you would have shown up to the city council meetings. Considering they were all over the news, and that is the same way he would have found out about the ABE issue, that he is so "gun-ho" about.

Sorry I caught him in a lie, he is a troll. Period.

He had claimed (not sure if in this thread or in Ohio thread) that he found out about the ABE issue on the news, if that was true, than he could have shown his support then, not by all of a sudden staging "protests" here.

For those of you who are starting to believe him, oh maybe this, oh maybe that, please go through this whole thread read it again, read the Ohio thread, start to end. The evidence is overwhelming. TROLL. He is trying to make us look like fools at ABE, something we worked so hard on.

Go through the ABE thread
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?76770-Arts-Beats-and-Eats
see all of the hard work that PDinDetroit, Scott623, Spriklerguy28, and EVERYONE else put in to make sure that Royal Oak fallow the law, and this guy is trying to ruin this. Don't help him get away with it, just because you don't want to offend someone people! (this is NOT pointed at anyone in particular BTW)

Bailenforcer

That's a beautiful sign where is that at?

I personally don't think our cause would be best served by carrying an AR to the event. It's just what the anti's are looking for. Patterson would have a field day if someone showed up with one. We don't need negative publicity at this point. We won the contract victory, now show some common sense and carry responsibly. Paul, Scott and everyone else has worked too hard for this to be ruined by someone showing up with an AR strapped to his back. No one that I know of, walks around on a daily basis with a rifle strapped to their back. Someone is talking about strapping on a Rossi Ranch Hand. I don't think that needs to be there as well.

I wish I could make to AB&E's, I will be at the other second amendment event on Saturday, Ted Nugent's concert at DTE. The rest of the weekend is out for me.

p.s. PDinDetroit hope you feel better...
JMHO.... Jerbear

We are making strides, even in the CC world.

concealedcarrysign.jpg

Bailenforcer

My skin is quite thick, I don't offend easy. I took it the way you meant it, no worry. OOPS had to remove that "w" in no worry sorry..

No you guys obviously are not trolls, the point I was making is that if you were a supporter of the ABE issue (enough to have a "protest") you would have been in the ABE thread showing your support. If you didn't know about this web site like he claims, you would have shown up to the city council meetings. Considering they were all over the news, and that is the same way he would have found out about the ABE issue, that he is so "gun-ho" about.

Sorry I caught him in a lie, he is a troll. Period.

He had claimed (not sure if in this thread or in Ohio thread) that he found out about the ABE issue on the news, if that was true, than he could have shown his support then, not by all of a sudden staging "protests" here.

For those of you who are starting to believe him, oh maybe this, oh maybe that, please go through this whole thread read it again, read the Ohio thread, start to end. The evidence is overwhelming. TROLL. He is trying to make us look like fools at ABE, something we worked so hard on.

Go through the ABE thread
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?76770-Arts-Beats-and-Eats
see all of the hard work that PDinDetroit, Scott623, Spriklerguy28, and EVERYONE else put in to make sure that Royal Oak fallow the law, and this guy is trying to ruin this. Don't help him get away with it, just because you don't want to offend someone people! (this is NOT pointed at anyone in particular BTW)

Last edited:

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
Beautiful sign?

That's a beautiful sign where is that at?

It is in fact a beautiful sign with its pleasing gold tone, but the message bothers me just a little. The sign, in effect says, that if you pay the state a fee/tax you may enter. If you don't have the funds or otherwise fail to pay the voluntary fee/tax you might be asked to leave. I wonder if the management really "recognizes the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as an unalienable right of all citizens". Hmmm...springerdave.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
It is in fact a beautiful sign with its pleasing gold tone, but the message bothers me just a little. The sign, in effect says, that if you pay the state a fee/tax you may enter. If you don't have the funds or otherwise fail to pay the voluntary fee/tax you might be asked to leave. I wonder if the management really "recognizes the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as an unalienable right of all citizens". Hmmm...springerdave.
Baby steps...

Besides, it's a step in the right direction isn't it?

Bailenforcer

As Doug said it's a step in the right direction. Frankly unlike many gun owning whiners who cry and complain their rights have been taken away, I have been active in the gun rights, gun training and awareness since age 13 yes I said age 13 when I was a National Rifle Competition shooter and JR NRA member. 99% of gun owners who whine have done nothing to maintain their rights except whine. There has not been one single year I have been inactive in the fight to educate people, promote firearm ownership, train people and beat my damned head against the wall trying to get so called concerned gun rights advocates of their lazy rear ends and do something or anything. The worst people I ever had to deal with was the so called gun rights advocates as they all talked a great story but when it was time to put up or shut up almost all of them said it's no use, or they will never restrict firearms blah blah blah. I remember back in the late 70's I proposed that the method to restrict would be hand guns followed by Semi Auto long guns, then short barreled shot guns (under 30 inches) and I still maintain that position. They as well know already chipped away at the semi auto's with that stupid assault weapon false flag label. Yet most gun owners fail to get it still today.
So yes it is a beautiful sign as it shows people may make a change of mind and heart and just maybe if ALL gun owners and this includes most of the hunters who sit quiet in fear of taking a stand, if we all realize when one gun group looses their rights we are all in line to loose ours. Eventually it will be hunting rights being lost. The liberal media fails to see how dangerous the loss of gun rights are to their ideology. Those ignorant of history fail to know that before the Fascists and Hitler took power Germany was a Liberal mecca, it was miles from being conservative and the people bought Hitlers trash hook line and sinker because of Liberalism and the people being fed up with it. In 20 years at the rate we are loosing our rights who will be there to protect liberals from another Hitler here in this country. Wasn't Bush and his Patriot act mindset enough of a sign that any dick Tator can seize power in this country if firearms are suppressed? Bush himself lamented that it would be easier if he were a dictator. Some people really thought Bush was joking, he wasn't. If you are dumb enough to believe this google Prescott Bush Hitler and see what went on. Our last President George Bush's Grandfather was the Nazis banker and financier. No matter what ones ideals are we all will loose if any more restrictions are forced on us. See attached videos.Remember the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Obama is no different than the rest of the elite who wish to seize our gun rights, and remember George Bush said he would sign a semi auto weapons ban and congress wouldn't write one for him.

So once again the sign is a beautiful sight as it took guts to make that sign and risk a liberal backlash. Baby steps, maybe one day we will see it include all forms of carry rights stated clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3xfT0c99g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFO1d3eTDw&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wazjA_ZVSXw

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
Steps

As Doug said it's a step in the right direction. Frankly unlike many gun owning whiners who cry and complain their rights have been taken away, I have been active in the gun rights, gun training and awareness since age 13 yes I said age 13 when I was a National Rifle Competition shooter and JR NRA member. 99% of gun owners who whine have done nothing to maintain their rights except whine. There has not been one single year I have been inactive in the fight to educate people, promote firearm ownership, train people and beat my damned head against the wall trying to get so called concerned gun rights advocates of their lazy rear ends and do something or anything. The worst people I ever had to deal with was the so called gun rights advocates as they all talked a great story but when it was time to put up or shut up almost all of them said it's no use, or they will never restrict firearms blah blah blah. I remember back in the late 70's I proposed that the method to restrict would be hand guns followed by Semi Auto long guns, then short barreled shot guns (under 30 inches) and I still maintain that position. They as well know already chipped away at the semi auto's with that stupid assault weapon false flag label. Yet most gun owners fail to get it still today.
So yes it is a beautiful sign as it shows people may make a change of mind and heart and just maybe if ALL gun owners and this includes most of the hunters who sit quiet in fear of taking a stand, if we all realize when one gun group looses their rights we are all in line to loose ours. Eventually it will be hunting rights being lost. The liberal media fails to see how dangerous the loss of gun rights are to their ideology. Those ignorant of history fail to know that before the Fascists and Hitler took power Germany was a Liberal mecca, it was miles from being conservative and the people bought Hitlers trash hook line and sinker because of Liberalism and the people being fed up with it. In 20 years at the rate we are loosing our rights who will be there to protect liberals from another Hitler here in this country. Wasn't Bush and his Patriot act mindset enough of a sign that any dick Tator can seize power in this country if firearms are suppressed? Bush himself lamented that it would be easier if he were a dictator. Some people really thought Bush was joking, he wasn't. If you are dumb enough to believe this google Prescott Bush Hitler and see what went on. Our last President George Bush's Grandfather was the Nazis banker and financier. No matter what ones ideals are we all will loose if any more restrictions are forced on us. See attached videos.Remember the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Obama is no different than the rest of the elite who wish to seize our gun rights, and remember George Bush said he would sign a semi auto weapons ban and congress wouldn't write one for him.

So once again the sign is a beautiful sight as it took guts to make that sign and risk a liberal backlash. Baby steps, maybe one day we will see it include all forms of carry rights stated clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3xfT0c99g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFO1d3eTDw&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wazjA_ZVSXw

Maybe so, but I still wonder as all that glitters is not gold. Some things I don't know about the sign, just makes me wonder.springerdave.

Bailenforcer

Dave I fully agree if what you are saying is we should never take things on face value, and time will tell if they are moving in the right direction. I am willing to applaud a move in the right direction and hope with time the sign might one day just say we support the right to carry. But in the last 60 years or more of brainwashing things take time to change. I warned people way back when I was a teenager that one you allow the gun grabbers a foothold they would see any win as proof they can remove all gun rights, for that I was told mostly by gun rights advocates I was a dumb teenager. Some things I will never forget nor forgive. Now today the same idiots still maintain we have gained rights yet all I see is gun bans, carry bans and the same Marxist mindset by people, and still today the worst people to educate are the professed gun rights advocates because in their arrogance they think they know what's best for the rest of us and they literally hate us for making a stand they would not do, due to fear. The NRA has sold away our rights with compromises. They are nothing but political hacks.
Yesterday I had a conversation with a so called Christian who couldn't take her eyes off my weapon. I never offered any explanations because she never asked. Frankly I owe none. But it's funny how people react to seeing a gun, it's either indifference which I prefer, or the stares. Rarely has anyone confronted me with a question or comment and those who do always have offered support and even praise. Yes I see those who glare at me with that look of contempt, and I find it interesting none have ever just walked up and asked a question. Now I am what some call intimidating and Lord knows why other than I am a big guy. But I am most likely the friendliest person they would ever meet. I get more garbage from so called gun rights advocates or gun rights supporters than from the leftist gun rights haters. And trust me Petoskey is a leftist stronghold, nothing more than Ann Arbor number 2. But almost daily I am there and no one says a word. But their stares speak volumes.
So Dave I can see your point fully, but I am willing to praise those who move in the right direction hoping that positive experience will fully awaken them to the reality that all rights need to be protected, because with no gun rights we merely have empty words. Let's hope we can continue the momentum in the right direction. Maybe with all this the idiots in power will realize how stupid the pistol free zones are and how they have caused the open carry movement to flourish. It's time to remove the pistol free stupidity and get back to accepting our rights as unalienable.

Maybe so, but I still wonder as all that glitters is not gold. Some things I don't know about the sign, just makes me wonder.springerdave.

Small Arms Collector

Be smart and stay safe out there!

You plan to just OC a handgun, right?

That's the plan, I'll be bringing a 3 ring binder with all the laws in it, and a handful of tri-folds just in case, and a video camera to record my hopefully incident free experience, a Glock 22, and spare magazines that's it. I'll be trying out a new ITAC holster, I'll have to post a review when I'm done, it seems to work pretty good so far, but we'll see how I feel after walking around with it tomorrow.

I was tempted for a few days to bring a PS90, but after I calmed down, and thought better of it, I figured it would be counter productive.