• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry rally!

flip311

imported post

OCinColorado wrote:
I guess I'm going to do the next best thing to a rally right now and go to IHOP this Saturday at 8:00am for coffee with other OCers. If you don't know already it is the one by the Citidel Mall on Chelton, just north of Platte. Actually I plan on getting there a little early.
Guess I'll see you there. How early? I'll try to make it around the same time. I might need the extra time if all you're going to do is drink coffee since I plan on eating a CFS and a short stack. mmmmm......

-Jason

OCinColorado

imported post

HEY EVERYONE,
There have been those who have chided me for my suggesting we put together a rally. I suppose I should clarify my original intent and see where it goes from there.

I DID NOT suggest this sort of event as a means of protesting anything, it was more of a suggestion that we have a rally to CELEBRATE the 2nd amendment and the fact that we actually have the right to openly practice the right to bear arms in this state! And then to maybe point out that in some places in this state (Denver) that right is infringed upon and even worse there are some of our fellow citizens in this great nation whom are forced to live under such tyranny as to have their GOD given right of self defense through the 2nd amendment severely infringed upon!

So rile on that if you wish!

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hear 'ya!

Several people during the meeting this morning, as well as at the range, later, mentioned getting together for a combo cleanup/barbeque, perhaps at one of the local parks.

I think that's a swell idea! Today would have been a bit windy for a barbeque, but I think combined an hour or two of cleanup with some fun and eats would be a good way to make our presence known to the community while performing a much needed public service. :)

ETA: Read a comment about Sunday working only in the later afternoon, and I can see that with church and church-related activities. Many of my Saturdays are filled for a while, but the good news is that sunset is at 7:24 pm today and getting 2m 29s longer each day!

Thus, I can easily picture a Sunday afternoon event, begining around 3:00, with trash pickup or perhaps even some of those landscaping/brushtrimming services which were curtailed, for perhaps an hour, followed by frisbee, catch (baseball/softball), etc., and eats becoming ready between 5:30 and 6.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

since9 wrote:
I hear 'ya!

Several people during the meeting this morning, as well as at the range, later, mentioned getting together for a combo cleanup/barbeque, perhaps at one of the local parks.

I think that's a swell idea! Today would have been a bit windy for a barbeque, but I think combined an hour or two of cleanup with some fun and eats would be a good way to make our presence known to the community while performing a much needed public service. :)

ETA: Read a comment about Sunday working only in the later afternoon, and I can see that with church and church-related activities. Many of my Saturdays are filled for a while, but the good news is that sunset is at 7:24 pm today and getting 2m 29s longer each day!

Thus, I can easily picture a Sunday afternoon event, begining around 3:00, with trash pickup or perhaps even some of those landscaping/brushtrimming services which were curtailed, for perhaps an hour, followed by frisbee, catch (baseball/softball), etc., and eats becoming ready between 5:30 and 6.
Start a new thread and ask for a sticky - will get more participants.

Yata hey