• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Hearing on Campus Safety in ANNANDALE

unrequited

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I can upload the raw video, but it won't be finished product. If I start uploading it now google should have it online by morning.

EDIT: I'm going to wait and upload the finished product. I only added some personal commentary at the beginning of the video, it's encoding right now, will start uploading it in the morning and the video will be online before evening.
Oh take your time, no worries.

nemo

imported post

unrequited wrote:
HAHAHA. Yeah, a friend msg'ed me about it before I even knew. I put it on youtube after wrangling it off their website.
How do you wrangle things down from the web, any web? I have tried to download things before (absolutely NO claims to be technically proficient), but have not succeeded.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5s3n0JBOi4
Stands to reason that I do most of my browsing while at work, where they have a sooper-seecrit fire wall that refuses access to youtube and too many other harmless places.

unrequited

imported post

Ended up using a copy of Hypercam to "record" a copy off my screen while dropping my screen res to the lowest setting (800x600) in order to maintain the highest quality of the recording. Since it's all digital, it's near-perfect.