• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Letter From a Cop

Sheriff

imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
Could it be that Sheriff and Citizen are one in the same?

No. Sheriff likes to take credit for every word he speaks.

Sheriff is like a lot of our other Internet celebrities here, if you buy him for what he's worth, and sell him for what he thinks he worth, you could be a multi-millionaire instantly. :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
It actually depends.

Was is done because you misunderstood, were confused, or wrongly identified something?

Or did make you make a mistake through stupidity, ignorance, or carelessness?
I think I will use an official"cop" defense, I choose the latter. :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

buster81 wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
I like you waaaay more than Devil's Advocate. This is enough to convince me that he isn't you. :p
Devil's Advocate is Nitrovic, IMHO.
What??? How could we have fallen for this type of skulduggery? :quirky
I must ask... who really paid much attention to what either one of them said? :p

Deanimator

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
marshaul wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I received a call from an OC member in regards to people missing me here and that I am missed so badly that now members are making others out to be LEO 229 to keep me alive. I love it!! :lol:
I like you waaaay more than Devil's Advocate. This is enough to convince me that he isn't you. :p

Folks, it's the Internet. Who cares how many user names or personalities a person might usehere?

All I wanna know is who tried to convince Reno229 that he was missed here. I'm sure they knew he was naive enough to believe it.:lol:
Actually, back in the day in usenet, it was a big deal. People [and Nazis] used to simulate popular support for their vile and stupid opinions by having multiple aliases. It got to be a group participation activity for pro-gun (and anti-Nazi) people to analyze their posts to determine which ones were which. I got exceptionally good at it, since they were never smart enough to really change their content, sentence structure or word choice.

There was a guy ("Rack Jite", who's on the Daily KOS now) who was basically a cross between Ward Churchill, David Duke and Frank Booth from "Blue Velvet". He had a bad case of multiple posting identity syndrome. I'd known the guy since the FidoNet days, and loathed him with a passion. He must have had six identities. I'd just post his real name and a list of his aliases. When I did, he's just lose his mind. He actually reminded me of Dennis Hopper having a meltdown in "Blue Velvet".

His real downfall was when he used one of his aliases to threaten the life of another of his aliases in order to gain sympathy. Too bad he slipped up and the alias doing the threatening referred to private email sent by a third party to the alias being threatened. It was all downhill from there. His last hangout was alt.support.chronic-pain where he liked to berate elderly women suffering from debilitating diseases.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
For the previous assertion to be true, RENO229 would have had to have planned long in advance to use "compromised" grammar and spelling, knowing that later he would be using a fake identity requiring a better command of and facility with the English language than possessed by his overt identity.

I find this unlikely. More likely is that RENO229 simply doesn't have masterful control of spelling and grammar.

DA being Nitrovic, on the other hand, is much more plausible. Nitrovic "quit" posting around the same time that DA came around. There isn't as huge a discrepancy in the elocutionary skill as with RENO229 (at least not by my memory). Also, Nitrovic was one of my least favorite people on this forum, as is now "Devil's Advocate". They both use the same tone of "common sense" and reasonableness while they spew unmitigated, apologist bull@#$%.

I think you're on to something.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Also, Nitrovic was one of my least favorite people on this forum, as is now "Devil's Advocate". They both use the same tone of "common sense" and reasonableness while they spew unmitigated, apologist bull@#$%.

KBCraig

imported post

(From waaaaay back on Page 1 of this thread...)

sandcast69 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
Interesting and humorous ;)

What's JBT stand far ?
It stands for "Jack Booted Thug"
It's a derogatory term used to describe law enforcement personnel.
No, it's an accurate description of JBTs, which does not include all law enforcement personnel.

It describes the "dicks" noted in the original post. You know, like this:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/24/injured-good-samaritan-gets-ticket-his-trouble/

Sheriff

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Ryan Sullivan, of the State Patrol, said that while Moffett's "intentions were good," jaywalking caused the accident.
Yeah. The impatient driver wasn't to blame at all. :lol:

You do know how a lot of cops become spokespersons for their agencies? It's often because they can't seem to anything else right out on the street. They get stuck in a job where they can't screw up things but so badly. :D

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
Ryan Sullivan, of the State Patrol, said that while Moffett's "intentions were good," jaywalking caused the accident.
Yeah. The impatient driver wasn't to blame at all. :lol:

You do know how a lot of cops become spokespersons for their agencies? It's often because they can't seem to anything else right out on the street. They get stuck in a job where they can't screw up things but so badly. :D
OK... now that was funny!! Only because you finally posted something that I agree with!! :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
For the previous assertion to be true, RENO229 would have had to have planned long in advance to use "compromised" grammar and spelling, knowing that later he would be using a fake identity requiring a better command of and facility with the English language than possessed by his overt identity.

I find this unlikely. More likely is that RENO229 simply doesn't have masterful control of spelling and grammar.

DA being Nitrovic, on the other hand, is much more plausible. Nitrovic "quit" posting around the same time that DA came around. There isn't as huge a discrepancy in the elocutionary skill as with RENO229 (at least not by my memory). Also, Nitrovic was one of my least favorite people on this forum, as is now "Devil's Advocate". They both use the same tone of "common sense" and reasonableness while they spew unmitigated, apologist bull@#$%.

The writing and arguing styles of all three usernames are all different. They are different people, I'm certain.

While it's fun to imagine people with multiple personalities on forums, it's pretty hard to hide your real opinions and personality.

A good example is that jerk who used several usernames here, but who was always easy to sniff out after like 2 posts. He had a grudge against Danbus which he could never hide, and when you called him out he would send a foul-mouthed rage PM. His writing style was always the same.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP A good example is that jerk who used several usernames here, but who was always easy to sniff out after like 2 posts. He had a grudge against Danbus which he could never hide, and when you called him out he would send a foul-mouthed rage PM. His writing style was always the same.
Please don't mention his name. One Voldemort-like resurrection is enough.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP A good example is that jerk who used several usernames here, but who was always easy to sniff out after like 2 posts. He had a grudge against Danbus which he could never hide, and when you called him out he would send a foul-mouthed rage PM. His writing style was always the same.
Please don't mention his name. One Voldemort-like resurrection is enough.

Biggie Smalls

Biggie Smalls

Biggie Smalls!

hell-on-earth-2006-20061026114817424.jpg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
The more I read, the more I believe two things:

AWDStylez = HankT
Devil's Advocate = LEO229

Just look at the style of writing from these two, then go back and search for some of the posts from the mentioned "likely" characters previously on the forum. I think you might come to the same conclusion.

Did you really think that up yourself? It actually made sense to you?

Fascinating...:lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
AWDStylez = HankT

Two people with a mastery of the English language, on the same board... unpossible! They must be the same person. :quirky
Thanks, Han...uh, I mean AWDStyles.
I really need to stop talking to myself. Make sure you don't post after me, they'll get suspicious. It's very possible that you're switching logins and IP's in a matter of seconds in order to post around the board at the same time as me... I mean you, you posting at the same time that you're posting as you, as me, together, as us because we... I am... are the same person. Got it?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

I really need to stop talking to myself. Make sure you don't post after me, they'll get suspicious. It's very possible that you're switching logins and IP's in a matter of seconds in order to post around the board at the same time as me... I mean you, you posting at the same time that you're posting as you, as me, together, as us because we... I am... are the same person. Got it?
I think you are going to make companio's head blow up.

BTW, mom always liked me best.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

SpringerXDacp

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder
Well, that certainly explains m..my...my mem...my memory loss. That's it my memory loss.