• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opinions on G29 or other 10mm suggetions

smash29

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
smash29 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
The G20/29 SF is the best idea ever. Excessively fat grips is one of the reasons I hate Glocks. I'll have to see if anyone has one in stock I can hold.
Are you including the 9mm/.40 Glocks in the "fat grip" category too? The SF frames are definitely smaller than the standard 20/29 but they're still fatter than the 17/19/22/23 etc.

Oh wonderful. I was indeed including them. That's why I wanted to hold before I bought. I think Glocks in general are some of the worst handling guns out there (at least for me). Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, I was (and still am) contemplating picking up one of the SF Glocks but in hands-on, back to back fondling I could still feel difference in size when compared to the smaller caliber frames I love so much. Width-wise I believe they're pretty close but even in SF the longer .45 and 10mm cartridges still require a larger grip front to back. I'm sure I could get used to that but I had a more pressing purchase to make when I saw the 20/29 SFs at the shop last week so I let my conscience get the best of me...

Flintlock

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
My Maggie is a 61/2" barrel version and while cast and other bullet types offer better penetration on big game, the OP is going hiking in the wilds of Connecticut where the Hydras would do jut fine for critter medicine. If I were going to where I might run into a Brown, Kodiak, Polar, or Grizzly I would definitely want to carry a more penetrating round in as hot a load as I could handle. Compared to Alaska, Connecticut is Bambiville.

This is true...

I still recommend the 10mm cartridge to him as I am a enthusiast, but I also like the .357 magnum for hisneedsin that particular area.