• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon OC Tri-fold pamphlet

rpyne

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
I'll have to add them.

I found the ordinance here:

http://library7.municode.com:80/3708/template.htm?view=browse&doc_action=setdoc&doc_keytype=tocid&doc_key=d2f58671c1bb8f71fb0ac26f54efbb28&infobase=16540

I find it 'funny' that they don't even exempt permit holders.

Ken

9.24.020 Carrying or discharge of weapons.
A. It is unlawful for any person to carry a firearm, loaded or unloaded, in a park, school ground or public building.
B. It is unlawful for any person on a public street or in a public place to carry a firearm upon his person, or in a vehicle under his control or in which he is an occupant, unless all ammunition has been removed from the chamber and from the cylinder, clip or magazine.
C. It is unlawful for any person to fire or discharge a firearm within the boundaries of the city.
D. The prohibitions in subsections A, B and C of this section do not apply to a peace officer; to any government employee authorized or required by his employment or office to carry or use firearms; or to any person having a valid permit issued to him by lawful authority to carry or use firearms.
E. It is unlawful for any person carrying a firearm upon his person, or in a vehicle under his control or in which he is an occupant, to refuse to permit a peace officer to inspect that firearm after the peace officer has identified himself as such.
F. No person shall discharge a bow and arrow, BB gun or air gun within the city limits.
G. The prohibition in subsections C and F of this section does not apply to:
1. Any person attempting to:
a. Prevent the commission of a felony upon him or upon his or her husband, wife, parent or child,
b. Prevent the commission of a felony upon his property or upon property in his possession, or upon or in any dwelling house where he is, or
c. By lawful means, to arrest a person who has committed a felony or to suppress a riot or preserve the peace;
2. The member, guest or patron of any licensed organization or business who, for the purpose of shooting practice, discharges a firearm or bow and arrow upon an established target range or shooting gallery of that organization or business;
3. A person conducting an athletic contest who fires blank ammunition toward the sky;
4. Members of the armed forces firing blank ammunition at military ceremonies;
5. Persons authorized by permit of the chief of police to discharge blank ammunition for a lawful purpose; or
6. Hunter safety instructors of the Oregon State Game Commission or their pupils who are engaged in hunter safety training classes sponsored by the commission.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Below is the update with Oregon City added.

If anyone else wants to provide any comments feedback to improve it, I'm all ears.

I do understand Ironbar's point about the pic and quote. I grabbed one of Revere riding through town.

Ironbar

imported post

minutemanFlag3.jpg

I sorta like this guy!

Ironbar

imported post

I think this brochure and/or thread should be a sticky.

And just FYI, I carry at least a few of these in the car with me any time I OC. It just makes good sense to have facts to back you up rather than relying on memory.