• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our new website - feedback requested!

essayons

imported post

Looks good. Maybe its just my computer, but the top ~10% of the image of the cycling handguns is cut off.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

essayons wrote:
Looks good. Maybe its just my computer, but the top ~10% of the image of the cycling handguns is cut off.
It cuts off a tiny, tiny portion on mine too. Its a style thing. In fact, the original layout for the NRA logo on the homepage cut off the top and bottom. Apparently its one of those "this is the current style of websites" things. I had the NRA thing changed though as I liked the entire logo to display.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
You're right. They are fine guns. I plan to use one this weekend to squirt Tinks Scrapemaker (Diluted) all over a bunch of dogs.:lol:
That is an evil, vile, nasty thing to do -wish I had thought of it. :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
You're right. They are fine guns. I plan to use one this weekend to squirt Tinks Scrapemaker (Diluted) all over a bunch of dogs.:lol:
That is an evil, vile, nasty thing to do -wish I had thought of it. :lol:

Yata hey
I'm thinking about hooking a drag rag soaked with the stuff on the back of my truck...and taking a ride to North Carolina.:lol:

I've got something to spray on the doghunters too, but I don't need a squirt gun to dispense it:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Spell check: "Available" is misspelled on the last line of this page:

http://proactiveshooters.com/personalized-shooting-lessons-instruction/

I was just wandering around different pages and didn't really read every word of every page, but that one just jumped out at me.

I'll wander around the rest and let you know. Overall, a very professional job. I was an instructor in the military (Coast Guard) from 86 until I retired in 05.

Mike

EDIT: Mention of "Castle Doctrine" herehttp://proactiveshooters.com/virginia-concealed-handgun-permit-classes/

I haven't taken your course, but do you explain that we don't have it in VA, but have something similar that supposedly covers us in similar situations? You may want to clarify that or omit it from the page. Just a suggestion. Tellme to "pack sand" if you want. :)

ProShooter

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Spell check: "Available" is misspelled on the last line of this page:

http://proactiveshooters.com/personalized-shooting-lessons-instruction/
Fixed, thank you.
I was just wandering around different pages and didn't really read every word of every page, but that one just jumped out at me.

I'll wander around the rest and let you know. Overall, a very professional job. I was an instructor in the military (Coast Guard) from 86 until I retired in 05.

Mike

EDIT: Mention of "Castle Doctrine" herehttp://proactiveshooters.com/virginia-concealed-handgun-permit-classes/

I haven't taken your course, but do you explain that we don't have it in VA, but have something similar that supposedly covers us in similar situations? You may want to clarify that or omit it from the page. Just a suggestion. Tellme to "pack sand" if you want. :)
Thank you Mike. I do explain everything. Most people are familiar with the term "Castle Doctrine" or words to that effect. It wouldn't make sense (to me) to list the topic as "The lack of a Castle Doctrine" :) Maybe some re-wording will come soon.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Thank you for the clarification. I'd like to have Bridget (my 18 year old OCing daughter)take one (or more) of your courses. It looks like a very well-run operation and I've neard nothing but positive vibes from everyone on here. I just wish you were closer. Perhaps we'll make a road trip up your waysometime after Christmas.

Keep up the good work!

mike

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Thank you for the clarification. I'd like to have Bridget (my 18 year old OCing daughter)take one (or more) of your courses. It looks like a very well-run operation and I've neard nothing but positive vibes from everyone on here. I just wish you were closer. Perhaps we'll make a road trip up your waysometime after Christmas.

Keep up the good work!

mike
Hard to teach members of your own family - sometimes it is better to have a 3rd party do it. That and it gives them exposure to other methods.

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:

Keep up the good work!

mike
I'd be happy to have her in class.....and thank you for the kind words. :)

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Once again, Brother Grape and I are in agreement. It is very difficult to teach members of your immediate family. Going shooting tomorrow with the family. I've asked my dad to work with my children because I think it would be easier for them to learn from him than from me.

He was a Marine for 32 years (longer if you go by the "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" maxim). I've coveredsafety rules andrules of marksmanship with them for a long time, but I think the practical applicationis best done under my Dad's expert tutelage.

I'll let y'all know how it goes after tomorrow. :)

back OT: I will bring Bridget to your class. Its just a matter of timing now. Maybe she'll want to bring a friend rather than her dad. It would be nice if she brought a new face to the "Movement". :monkey:celebrate

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Had a good time at the range with family members. Dad was great with my 2 youngest kids. Shannon is almost 13 and now wants to start shooting in the local youth league and Sean (10) had fun and seems interested, but not as "motivated" as his older sister. They both enjoyed shooting the AK, but really loved shooting dad's old Remington Mod 511. Sean shot ONE round with the "Midget Cricket" (Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II) and was very suprised. He still managed a center-mass shot at15 yards on a TransTar I (reduced size) target. It truly suprised him.
He wanted to shoot it because of the laser :quirky. Go figure. Guess he thought a "laser-gun" would have little or no recoil. Now he knows better. He shot 3 rounds through the AK; kept them center mass, and 3 rounds with big sister'sGlock 21, also center mass. Good fun was had by all and the little ones actually learned something. Looks like one (or both) will be starting in the local junior .22 rifle league.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate