• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out East OC Get Together..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, I'm seein the weather, BUT the chance for rain has been reducing as the week has gone on. Even if we don't get to shoot, the lunch should still be fun. Plans are always flexible, after all.

Anyway no problem on being last minute. Everyone is welcome!

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

I just got an e-mail from Del saying that the match was cancled due to the range being "underwater" LOL so we may want to call and make sure they are going to be doing normal range operations that day. Even if they aren't I'll be up for the lunch.:D

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well I called and they're not open at the moment. Apparently the rain has flooded them out a bit, but I'm sure some of that will drain out by tomorrow. The match area is down range, and that floods easily, but the shooting lines are up quite a bit. I'll try to get a hold of them and find out whats going on, but we'll definately still do the lunch. If anyone can think of a back-up activity thats indoors and we can carry to, feel free to suggest something!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well it looks like it's gonna be a close call as far as the weather is concerned. Weather reports are saying that it probably wont be raining in the afternoon, however any rain earlier in the day may keep the range closed anyway. The firing line wont flood, but down-range may have too much standing water to be able to post targets w/o getting wet.

I will still be at Golden Corral at 11:00 and am looking forward to seeing/meeting the rest of you!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well the weather was great, so boo to all of you that didn't show because of the weather lol. The range was open, and wasn't nearly as busy as it could have been, probably because a lot of people stayed home thinking it was going to rain all day. Lunch was good and uneventful :D. I really don't think anyone even batted an eyelash at us.

Thanks to all who showed, and we will be doing this again soon. It was suggested that we do more of these, and have it in a different place to gain more interest, and I think that's a great idea. Please feel free to post suggestions for locations for future "get togethers" (gotta think of a better word for that, lol). It doesn't always have to be at a range, either. We can do BBQs, picnics, fishing, going to the beach, whatever you can come up with.

Jeepinbanditrider got a lot of good pics, and my g/f took some as well. They will be posted in the next few days.

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

I just got back from my advrider.com dinner/overnighter I'll try to get pics posted up before I got to work. I think I have over 200 pics to sort though between the two events.:shock:

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

Alright here we go

ocdolunch001wh5.jpg

ocdolunch003eq8.jpg

Here you can see Dreqo in full recoil
ocdolunch005ee4.jpg

Dreqo on his new Kel-Tec
ocdolunch030kd4.jpg

C9 in the middle of cycling the next round
ocdolunch031fl7.jpg

Slidelock
ocdolunch033rl0.jpg

If you look over the top of the handgun you can see the casing in midair.
ocdolunch012gd5.jpg

One thing I like about going to this range is the vast ammount of brass they have out there just laying on the ground. Makes for mostly good pickin':celebrate
ocdolunch024qb9.jpg

ocdolunch025xm7.jpg

The "Shotgun" range
ocdolunch035ld7.jpg

ocdolunch041kl2.jpg

ocdolunch042hm3.jpg

Shotgun shell midair
ocdolunch045zt6.jpg

ocdolunch046lq5.jpg

ocdolunch047va3.jpg

ocdolunch054pk5.jpg

ocdolunch055vx0.jpg

ocdolunch056yk1.jpg

Enjoy :D

Hamilton I went though all my pics and couldn't find one of you except shots of you with your back turned LOL.

southernbnb

imported post

hey yall! i enjoyed the mess out of the get together and i think it was a great success! the pics look great! i am totally there for the next go round! just let me know the details! i will probably rope some people into coming with me next time as well!! see yall around!!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, I got the pics from Jenn's camera. Enjoy!

Me shootin stuff.

1071range1.JPG

Shiney! Shiney! OOOH More shiney!! Oh, and on the left there is the elusive Hamilton.

3857range2.JPG

Top Target: A few mags of .40 and a mag of .45. Bottom Target: A whole bunch of random crap, including left handed shooting with the P3AT. If you're ever threatened by someone with a P3AT, just run, if you get more than 4 yards away, they wont be able to hit you lol!

9360range3.JPG

Speaking of left handed P3AT shooting, lol. Not comfortable by any means, but hey, I hit the target, so I can't complain too much. We've also got a nice face shot of southernbnb!

6116range4.JPG

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
NOW can we meet half way??? You guys had your fun, but left out the entire Piedmont! Looks like you guys had a nice day for poppin brass. I jealous!
ppth.gif
Well like I mentioned, the next time we do this another location might be a good idea. What would be "half way" for you?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

According to maps.google, Fayetteville and Raleigh are within minutes of the same driving time from here. Raleigh has a significantly lower driving time than Fayetteville when coming from Charlotte, however everything is right around the 3 hr mark from either direction.

We can consider both of those places, and Jacksonville, NC is also being considered as well. I realize that's not any farther west :Dbut there's quite a few people down there already.

What ever happened to Weak 9mm? I haven't heard from him in a while lol.