• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA soccer mom Meleanie Hain shines again - keep hitting this gun carry poll!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

RETIREDEOD wrote:
Should I ultimately decide that I dont want you to OC in my state, I'll just send the print out of this thread to my state reps and Gov. Perry to let them see the mentality behind the push.
There is immense, delicious irony in this puerile threat taken together with your repeatedly calling us "children".

At any rate, it is not up to us to demonstrate what Aran has said in the past. I'm not sure why you think you have anything to prove by trumpeting around our imagined failure to provide proof of something that Aran and the rest of us know damn well happened.

Edit: I thought you said you were done? Why are you still posting? Either way, I am through with you. At best you're a troll; at worst a gun-hater.

RETIREDEOD

imported post

marshaul wrote:
RETIREDEOD wrote:
Should I ultimately decide that I dont want you to OC in my state, I'll just send the print out of this thread to my state reps and Gov. Perry to let them see the mentality behind the push.
There is immense, delicious irony in this puerile threat taken together with your repeatedly calling us "children".

At any rate, it is not up to us to demonstrate what Aran has said in the past. I'm not sure why you think you have anything to prove by trumpeting around our imagined failure to provide proof of something that Aran and the rest of us know damn well happened.

Edit: I thought you said you were done? Why are you still posting? Either way, I am through with you. At best you're a troll; at worst a gun-hater.

So, you blast and name call when "aran" doesn't clarify and explain, then in the next breath, you say you have no need to demonstrate and clarify your own comments??

I fail to see the irony. Sending your childish banternings to the state reps/perry to let them see the mentality behind the push, is childish???

I suppose I was just taught more respect for others and myself than some of you. Damn shame. I support MY right to carry, but now dont support YOURS.....

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

So much for principle from this x-XO principal.

Proof of my adage that "by the time Flag is reached, most of the horses' patoots are weeded out."

Are you acquainted with the CO of USS Ray that broke its nose on a mountain in the Med? Much the same lack of style is displayed.

Tomahawk

imported post

RETIREDEOD wrote:
You really have made me question whether or not the idea of some of you carrying is a good idea, considering you have acted like children here. I am really appalled at the total lack of respect and professionalism comming from some of you.

Either you believe in a natural right or you do not. If your mind can be changed because some people on the internet hurt your feelings, I question your committment to protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
So go ahead and make your stupid, childish little comments. It shows YOUR true intentions and character. Should I ultimately decide that I dont want you to OC in my state, I'll just send the print out of this thread to my state reps and Gov. Perry to let them see the mentality behind the push.
Threats won't win you any respect, either.

If you're really serious about having an adult discussion, you need to slow down and look around a little first. You can't just show up and start issuing "or else" demands and appeals to your status as a veteran. You aren't the first to take this tack with forum members here, and no one is impressed.

Think about it, cool off, and join the conversation.

RETIREDEOD

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
RETIREDEOD wrote:
You really have made me question whether or not the idea of some of you carrying is a good idea, considering you have acted like children here. I am really appalled at the total lack of respect and professionalism comming from some of you.

Either you believe in a natural right or you do not. If your mind can be changed because some people on the internet hurt your feelings, I question your committment to protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
So go ahead and make your stupid, childish little comments. It shows YOUR true intentions and character. Should I ultimately decide that I dont want you to OC in my state, I'll just send the print out of this thread to my state reps and Gov. Perry to let them see the mentality behind the push.
Threats won't win you any respect, either.

If you're really serious about having an adult discussion, you need to slow down and look around a little first. You can't just show up and start issuing "or else" demands and appeals to your status as a veteran. You aren't the first to take this tack with forum members here, and no one is impressed.

Tomahawk- Thank you for your mostly civil reply.

Nobody, has yet said what Aran posted that was offensive. I've asked MANY times. To accuse him of trolling due to not answering a call to clarify, and then not clarify yourselves, then to further accuse me of trolling for asking YOU to clarify. I'm afraid I dont understand the thinking behind this. He's a troll for it, I'm a troll for asking you,but you have no need to clarify your own statements, because somehow your special??

I'm not trying to impress here with my serivce. I suppose I was just "thinking to print", a little upset that some are so blatently rude and unprofessional, and I have no authority to do anything about it. My appology on that one.

As for threats, I was simply stating my new found thoughts on some "not so level headed" folks walking around with guns. There are many people who drive a car, that although legal, have no business behind the wheel; and many people with children that have no business passing on their DNA and raising offspring. Same thing here. I have met many CC folks, all of them very nice and professional. I didnt expect in a forum such as this to have people that carry weapons acting so disrespectful and childlike. So I hope this clarifies my thoughts: Some folksare not fit tocarry a weapon, even if it's legal. When you let your hot temper, quick willingness to insult and provoke, and set different standards of commitment to clarify for others than yourself, and then carry a weapon, in my opinion is only asking for major problems.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt at first... Even answered it's question.

By now I think it abundantly clear that he/she has no interest in a "discussion". He/she clearly espouses his/her "qualifications" in an apparent justification of his/her expectation that we take his/her opinion above all others here :uhoh:

He asked a question, received several answers, then continued to drone on about the question.

The icing on the cake was the accusations of the responses he received being indicators of the authors of same being unfit to carry firearms.

Yeah, IMO the REAL troll in this thread has been revealed. He/she did not come here for discussion but rather to sneak under the radar and then detonate his/her anti-OC diatribe under the guise of being a fellow gun enthusiast.

Sorry - FAIL. :lol:

jahwarrior

imported post

RETIREDEOD wrote:
Nobody, has yet said what Aran posted that was offensive. I've asked MANY times.
uh, when you click his name, you can peruse all the posts he's made. it's not quantum physics. go do it. if you still need to ask what he posted, then it'll be clear that you're a trolltard.

RETIREDEOD

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt at first... Even answered it's question.

By now I think it abundantly clear that he/she has no interest in a "discussion". He/she clearly espouses his/her "qualifications" in an apparent justification of his/her expectation that we take his/her opinion above all others here :uhoh:

He asked a question, received several answers, then continued to drone on about the question.

The icing on the cake was the accusations of the responses he received being indicators of the authors of same being unfit to carry firearms.

Yeah, IMO the REAL troll in this thread has been revealed. He/she did not come here for discussion but rather to sneak under the radar and then detonate his/her anti-OC diatribe under the guise of being a fellow gun enthusiast.

My question has still not been answered by ANYONE !If it has, POINT IT OUT, or quit running your mouth about how it has been answered !! I'm not opposed to open carry,I amopposed to idiots with weapons though. Check my signature on the texas open carry petition... Check my comments on page 1 of this thread, supporting her 100%...

The problem here started when you and a few other *ssholes started slaming "Aran" for his anti veiws, then could not or would not back up your own comments. And now, being challanged to clarify your comments, you slang someone by calling them trolls also, all the while refusing to clarify the original question "what did he say". Thats how a child acts. You really need to grow up. Anyone reading here, that can follow a post can see what a bunch of idiots some of you have been...

So, in sum, Pa. Patriot, get your head out of the sand, and try to use a cell or two of that mushy stuff between your ears. What a freaking nut job !!!

jahwarrior

imported post

RETIREDEOD wrote:
My question has still not been answered by ANYONE !If it has, POINT IT OUT, or quit running your mouth about how it has been answered !! I'm not opposed to open carry,I amopposed to idiots with weapons though. Check my signature on the texas open carry petition... Check my comments on page 1 of this thread, supporting her 100%...

The problem here started when you and a few other *ssholes started slaming "Aran" for his anti veiws, then could not or would not back up your own comments. And now, being challanged to clarify your comments, you slang someone by calling them trolls also, all the while refusing to clarify the original question "what did he say". Thats how a child acts. You really need to grow up. Anyone reading here, that can follow a post can see what a bunch of idiots some of you have been...

So, in sum, Pa. Patriot, get your head out of the sand, and try to use a cell or two of that mushy stuff between your ears. What a freaking nut job !!!
vader-fail.jpg

rscottie

imported post

RETIREDEOD wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Ok, I have no bone to pick with you personally. But, I do have a bone to pick with you calling people on here names and being disrespectful. If you read all the posts made by Aran, it is obvious that his commitment to open carry or even our rightsis in question.

Why do we need to rehash what Aran has said for you? If you cannot go back and read all of his posts yourself, why should we do it for you?

Specifically, in this thread, I pointed out that Aran'scomment about HER trying to stretch her 15 minutes (of fame) was totally out of line and uncalled for.

She was doing nothing wrong or illegal and has been thoroughly demeaned and mistreated by the people ELECTED and sworn to uphold the laws of PA.

They have gone so far as to question her mental stability as well asher need to LEGALLYcarrya firearm. Then, to make matters worse, the sheriff revokes her permit to carry concealedbased totally on emotion and not the law. The irony of that was that she would then be forced to always carry openly! Gotta luv it.

So, if you do not know, or understand, that this forum isprimarily for the discussion of OPEN CARRYand as such has a large population of people that are major supporters of that right, to come in and start personally attacking a member hereis bound torub the majority of the memberswrong. Also, any attack or perceived attack on our god given right to self-defense without infringement by the government is bound to create a stir.

Aran's whole demeanor and commentary has been disrespectful on a personal level to Mr's Hain and to others that have disagreed with him. He can disagree with open carry all he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised when he gets slammed for it considering the focus of this group.

I hope you do not take any of this personal, it was not meant to be.

Aran

Banned
imported post

rscottie wrote:
But, if you read all the posts made by Aran, it is obvious that his commitment to open carry or even our rightsis in question.

Specifically, in this thread, I pointed out that Aran'scomment about HER trying to stretch her 15 minutes (of fame) was totally out of line and uncalled for.

Aran's whole demeanor and commentary has been disrespectful on a personal level to Mr's Hain and to others that have disagreed with him. He can disagree with open carry all he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised when he gets slammed for it considering the focus of this group.

Oh, please.

Rich, would you do the honor of telling these fellows just how much I disagree with OC? I'm not sure that me telling them anything will really matter.

As for the issues I have with certain people, they have nothing to do with OC, and everything to do with the rest of their actions and attitudes.

rscottie

imported post

Aran wrote:
rscottie wrote:
But, if you read all the posts made by Aran, it is obvious that his commitment to open carry or even our rightsis in question.

Oh, please.

Rich, would you do the honor of telling these fellows just how much I disagree with OC? I'm not sure that me telling them anything will really matter.

As for the issues I have with certain people, they have nothing to do with OC, and everything to do with the rest of their actions and attitudes.

If your commitment is belittling people like Mr's Hain for her carrying a weapon openly, then what's the point? She did nothing wrong, then or now.

What exactly do you take issue in Mr's Hain filing a lawsuit?

RETIREDEOD

imported post

rscottie wrote:
RETIREDEOD wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Ok, I have no bone to pick with you personally. But, I do have a bone to pick with you calling people on here names and being disrespectful. If you read all the posts made by Aran, it is obvious that his commitment to open carry or even our rightsis in question.

Why do we need to rehash what Aran has said for you? If you cannot go back and read all of his posts yourself, why should we do it for you?

She was doing nothing wrong or illegal and has been thoroughly demeaned and mistreated by the people ELECTED and sworn to uphold the laws of PA.

They have gone so far as to question her mental stability as well asher need to LEGALLYcarrya firearm. Then, to make matters worse, the sheriff revokes her permit to carry concealedbased totally on emotion and not the law. The irony of that was that she would then be forced to always carry openly! Gotta luv it.

So, if you do not know, or understand, that this forum isprimarily for the discussion of OPEN CARRYand as such has a large population of people that are major supporters of that right, to come in and start personally attacking a member hereis bound torub the majority of the memberswrong. Also, any attack or perceived attack on our god given right to self-defense without infringement by the government is bound to create a stir.

rscottie-No offense taken sir. And THANK YOU for pointing out the comment that "Aran" made that seemed to upset folks. After multiple requests, you are the first to answer it. I personally dont take offense to the "15 minutes of fame" comment, as I read it beleiving it was smade in general, rather than a belittling comment. I guess some folks took it to be mean spirited, I however did not.

As far as calling people names on my part, after being called names myself, accused of trolling and the like, and childinsh comments like "in god's image", I at last resorted to conversation I felt was something they would understand, lowering my standards in the process, I admit.

I personally feel that the support of OC will suffer due to the comments and attitudes of ignorant netwarriors. If one reads the posts attacking me and the other gentleman/woman, the resounding conclusion would be that they have acted in a very immature fashion.

I have been to a number of functions pertaining to CC in Texas. I have Been to Front Sight 3 times for training. I have met nothing but fine folks at any of them. On this forum for a week, and have read childish comments and hostile attitudes from a number of folks than I would have not expected to find in a million years.

Again, thank you for being civil in your response. I dont automatically find fault in Arans comment, but can see how one might. I thank you for taking the time to tell me, and for keeping it professional.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll ask again: why do you think it's our duty to show you every post Aran has made? You can use the post history function just as well as the next guy.

You're the hothead here. Tomahawk, one of the most level-headed members of this forum, finally asked what we've all been meaning to ask (and I have asked in PM) for weeks: "Aran, what's your problem with Melanie"? I repeated the question, since the reply I had received in PM was unsatisfactory.

I never insulted Aran once in this thread. Go back and look. I know that may amaze you, but you're the one blowing up over nothing, so to speak.

Nobody here has demonstrated a lack of "cool-headedness" but yourself. Perhaps you should question your own carrying, rather than declaring others should have no right to share the privilege you so obviously think you deserve.

Edit: I'm not speaking for every member of this forum, but in this thread it's clear my posts are far more level-headed than yours. Go back and read them. I'm quite calm. Yet you declare that I should not be carrying a gun, despite the only temper in evidence being your own. Can you not see how this makes you seem anti-gun-rights?

Aran

Banned
imported post

Fine! :p

Also, just reiterating (Or, since I took out the original post, iterating?), I don't know this guy, or what caused him to go into long-winded defensive mode.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Aran wrote:

Oh, please.

Foul.
I never said you disagreed with OC. Not once.
I posted (some posts back now) about how I can understand the questioning of your posts. Go read it again if you would. I asked you to clarify your position for a reason.
Were you misunderstood or do you oppose Mrs. Hain? If the latter you should have the courtesy of explaining WHY.
Otherwise, it's just cheap shots. Which people will take as trolling.

So which is it?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Were you misunderstood or do you oppose Mrs. Hain?  If the latter you should have the courtesy of explaining WHY. 
Otherwise, it's just cheap shots.  Which people will take as trolling. 

So which is it?
+1 I know Aran isn't a troll, which is all the more reason I'd like him to explain his actions regarding Melanie.