• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Panera Bread taking position against guns

wrearick

You made me read it three times, just to make sure I was quoted correctly, too. If I used the word "couple," I keep missing it. I simply used the plural "years" because I knew it was more than one, but you are right: I was typing in a hurry, and so used a word THAT DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE POINT, or so I thought.

And yes, I'd eaten at Panera before the policy. Some of their stuff was pretty good.

I don't mind being corrected, because I like to be correct. But please correct me correctly.

My bad, I don't know what else to say....somewhere I got "couple" and said, that doesn't track. My apologies, I was wrong.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
My bad, I don't know what else to say....somewhere I got "couple" and said, that doesn't track. My apologies, I was wrong.

I knew that's what happened. I wasn't worried. I took it all in humor, and decided to dish out what I was taking... :p

Repeater

Chipotle: No GMO's

Chipotle has a big sign that advertises: GMO-Free

09d7bf1b6ed2d0bc716ec2fca78d531a.jpg

Guns Made Obvious

(In other words: Open Carry Free)

IanB

In response to the question "what oversight is offered?" PVC's response was, "He (Ed) is the main person who takes care of the page, so people are going to see his name quite a bit and could get confused. I (PVC) try to keep an eye on the page and I am an administrator for the page, so I have control over it. Generally, I'll just contact Ed if something needs to be done."

I'd argue there is already a great deal of confusion regarding the VCDL FB page. Who is in charge? What are the roles? Why is Ed's personal 1-800 number listed on the page at all?

I have a suggestion for "something that needs to be done": The "official" VCDL Facebook page should have "official" VCDL information. Clearly list the BoD & officer positions and contact info. Clearly state who the FB admins are and what role they play in the org. DIRECT the FB page administrator to remove his personal 1-800 phone number and only list "official" VCDL contact information.

Just my $0.02 -Ian

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'd argue there is already a great deal of confusion regarding the VCDL FB page. Who is in charge? What are the roles? Why is Ed's personal 1-800 number listed on the page at all?

I have a suggestion for "something that needs to be done": The "official" VCDL Facebook page should have "official" VCDL information. Clearly list the BoD & officer positions and contact info. Clearly state who the FB admins are and what role they play in the org. DIRECT the FB page administrator to remove his personal 1-800 phone number and only list "official" VCDL contact information.

Just my $0.02 -Ian

Amen!