• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Patrick Henry Mall

doug23838

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Folks, let'sask VCDL to make it a priority next year for the legislature to pass a "Gun-Free Zone Owner's Liability Act" whereby owners of commercial properties which have Gun-Free Zone policieswill be liable for the harm caused by criminals who commit felonies on their property since (and this can be in the preamble) the owner has created an "attractive nuisance" when they tell criminals that all of the law-abiding customers and employees on the property have been disarmed by the property owner, therefore the property owner shall now be responsible for the protection from criminal harmof all persons on his/her property.

I can get behind that.

Can I offer a possible extension? That employers posting the property as "Gun-Free" be responsible for the safety and security of employees from the time they leave their home until they return safely there.

If I am disarmed by policy at work, and cannot have my gun in my locked car on company property, then I must travel to and from work unarmed.

Neplusultra

imported post

doug23838 wrote:
XD Owner wrote:
Folks, let'sask VCDL to make it a priority next year for the legislature to pass a "Gun-Free Zone Owner's Liability Act" whereby owners of commercial properties which have Gun-Free Zone policieswill be liable for the harm caused by criminals who commit felonies on their property since (and this can be in the preamble) the owner has created an "attractive nuisance" when they tell criminals that all of the law-abiding customers and employees on the property have been disarmed by the property owner, therefore the property owner shall now be responsible for the protection from criminal harmof all persons on his/her property.

I can get behind that.

Can I offer a possible extension? That employers posting the property as "Gun-Free" be responsible for the safety and security of employees from the time they leave their home until they return safely there.

If I am disarmed by policy at work, and cannot have my gun in my locked car on company property, then I must travel to and from work unarmed.
Exactly, it's the same principle as CC in your vehicle while dropping off your kids at school. It's *your* car and as long as you don't take it out of the vehicle what business is it of theirs.

TheEggman

imported post

Signs I'd Like to See Department

sf_mall_sign.gif

PavePusher

imported post

Umm, that kind of leaves non-permit holding open carriers out in the cold. How about wording that includes anyone carrying legally under the laws of the state, in any manner?