• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Patriot or Traitor

redlegagent

imported post

He should be courts martialed under the UCMJ. It's not that I disagree with some of what he says, he shouldn't have made the video in his uniform. Military regulations prohibit participation in political rallies etc. He doesn't speak for the marine corps and contrarary to his interpretation, while he's defending the constitution, he's also obligated to obey the orders of the president and officers appointed above him. He conveniently left that out.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

redlegagent wrote:
He should be courts martialed under the UCMJ. It's not that I disagree with some of what he says, he shouldn't have made the video in his uniform. Military regulations prohibit participation in political rallies etc. He doesn't speak for the marine corps and contrarary to his interpretation, while he's defending the constitution, he's also obligated to obey the orders of the president and officers appointed above him. He conveniently left that out.
Not if those orders are illegal and an order to confiscate private arms would certainly be an illegal order to both be given and obeyed as it would be in direct violation of the Constitution that the president and the military have sworn to uphold.

SemperFiGuy

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
But what is true is that the government wants all girls to be innoculated for HPV. It has not passed to my knowledge, but girls as young as 9 may be required to get the vaccine to goto school soon.
I will HOMESCHOOL my daughter AGAIN before I let Big Brother tell me she must be vaccinated against HPV to attend school!!! Find another countries population, to use as lab rats! Better yet; try it on yourself big bro. Rant Off

bugly

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
quite on the contrary, he should be commended for his truly patriotic convictions. Why wouldn't he wear his uniform? This just helps prove he is a decorated marine, not some whack-job claiming to be one. His entire statement was factual and there should be no legal backlash as long as the UCMJ allows lawful conduct while in uniform.
I disobeyed unlawful orders in the army and was never punished for doing so. And, by disobeying them, several soldiers were able to make it home that might have been killed had I obeyed those orders. There is such a thing as a judgment call, there is no dishonor in doing those things you feel are morally correct.
In light of this;
PATRIOT, and I'd be proud to stand and fight next to him if called to do so.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I have doubts the photo was of the person making the video.

Anybody ever been able to question Paul Revere's patriotism?

Ever see the print of the Boston Massacre by Paul Revere?

Its been well established that the Boston Massacre did not go down that way.

Yep. Its a propaganda print.

Yep. Some of the Founders were not above a little deceptive hype.

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/winter96/enlargement.html

prcE6

imported post

The pronuciation of Semper Fidelis is very common the way he used it. What are you guys talking about?

True, a lot of the unlearned simply say "fi DELL iss", but most people that know that "fee DAY liss" is the more proper way. After over a decade in the Suck, I'd say either pronunciation was used 50/50. As Amreicans, we have a way of slaughtering foreign (and proper English) words. But that's what makes us Americans :lol:

Oh, and definitely a patriot. This sentiment shared by many Marines throughout different units in the Marine Corps. I would tend to think that it's the same in the other services. Opinions may be subdued by the fear of punishment, however. Not sure which article of the UCMJ would apply, but probably something lame like "conduct unbecoming...".

Never-the-less, many service men and women feel the same.

MeBaby

imported post

Hey, if only half of the military stands for the constitution in the event of civil unrest...... that's half the military PLUS us! We already have them outnumbered. And where the Hell do you think most of us got our training??? :celebrate:celebrate