• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Ryan: 'I Am Happy To Be Clinging To My Guns And My Religion!'

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You convinced me, thank you; it is a Principle vote.--President Obama is the lesser of two evils.

Don't put too much effort into it, Beretta.

I'm only using you. I'm not really writing to or for you. I'm mainly writing for other readers who may not have considered. I've already seen your absurdly self-contradictory posts and know you're either incapable of rising above your own views, or are perhaps actively destructive.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Don't put too much effort into it, Beretta.

I'm only using you. I'm not really writing to or for you. I'm mainly writing for other readers who may not have considered. I've already seen your absurdly self-contradictory posts and know you're either incapable of rising above your own views, or are perhaps actively destructive.

I have very few "views," and most of them are contradictory.

osmanobma

The White House is being bought, and we can thank SCOTUS for opening the floodgates so a small group of billionaires can dontate as much as they like. We ought to do away with it, and have public finance, period, where both candidates are alotted, say, a hundred million bucks each, and there can't be any Pack groups, or anything like that. It would force the candidates to run on Substance, PERIOD!

How can you be for the 2nd amendment while being against the first?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

You have to understand this person's thinking--she doesn't.

Its pretty much all a string of self-contradictory doesn't-make-sense that will be justified and argued in circles. Unless you start to ask some tuff questions; then she'll toss off non-sequiturs and superficial throw-away replies, meaning she won't respond seriously.

Kinda sad, actually. But, she is useful for highlighting some things to other readers. And, as debate practice--as long as you realize she won't actually debate you. And, she rarely exhibits intellectual honesty or personal responsibility.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Oh, that's easy to answer. She doesn't really support the 2nd Amendment, except perhaps shallowly. Very shallowly.

You see, she is totally willing to have Obama and his fedgov goons take a nice chunk of your production under threat of force, up to and including lethal force if you try to prevent the seizure.

She's totally willing to have guns pointed in your face by her preferred elected representatives. And, she'll throw you a bone--the 2A. But don't think about advocating using it against her chosen gun-pointing, lethal threatening, looting expropriators.

Moreover, if you just wait a while, she'll come along and justify how she has standing to elect those expropriators to loot you for the benefit of millions of people you've never even met. Meaning, its not whether she can cook up good-sounding justifications; it is that she thinks she has standing at all to tell other people to whom they must bow down and accept being looted.

Of course, she has it all worked out and totally justified in her mind. But, the key point is that she is of the opinion that she is so close to being a god that she can hold you responsible for others. And, of course, her version of responsibility is blame and force and cram it down your throat (at gun point), and make you do it you nasty little man. Because that's how she was treated, and how she treats herself (see her recent thread about leaving a gun at a daycare center or something, where she turned forgetfulness into negligence.) Her highest understanding of responsibility--socially--is mainly blaming others: for either causing something she doesn't approve, or not causing something she thinks they should have. If she ever thinks about responsibility as just assigning causation or agency for an occurrence without all the heavy implications of blame, its probably pretty rarely applied to society.

Last edited:

UtahRSO

I have the feeling that nothing Romney or Ryan could say would convince some of the radicals on here. They've both said that they support the 2A. Do you really think because they don't campaign with a gun strapped on, that we can't believe them?

My dad was a die-hard Democrat when I was growing up. And he didn't like the idea that I was interested in firearms. (I knew why he didn't like guns around. His best friend committed suicide with a gun.) But about the time he retired he he moved to some fairly libertarian positions (shocked the heck out of me!), including being pretty pro-gun. He never owned any guns, but he was supportive that I did. Does that make him a "flipflopper?"

I just read statements by some Massachusetts gun owners regarding Romney's governor-ship. They felt like Romney did things that eased gun ownership in that great state. If Romney was once less than enthusiastic about certain "assault" firearms, can't he change his mind? If you decide the position you once took on a subject was incorrect, and you change your mind, are you really a "flipflopper?" I get disgusted with people calling him that.

While I'm ranting, let me say something about the anti-NRA posts. I support the NRA. When they ask me for money for the NRA-ILA, I seldom contribute. I'm retired, and poor. I recognize they can't help everyone with everything. And I recognize they can't satisfy everyone's ideas about what they should be doing. But they do a LOT to promote gun ownership. If you will, join other good organizations like GOA, or Second Amendment Foundation, or whatever. But recognize that the reason you can join those organizations is because of work the NRA has done over the years to save gun ownership.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Do you really think because they don't campaign with a gun strapped on, that we can't believe them.

No. Its because you can count on one hand the number of politicians who are not lying, spinning, pandering, looting expropriators who will sell one of more of your rights for the first political advantage brought through the door by a lobbyist or special interest group.

No matter which major party was in power over the last forty-five years, regulations went up, a deficit was run, the debt climbed to Saturn, and freedom contracted. And, neither party is ever really out of power. Even when the other party has more votes for a bill, or ability to veto a bill, the party in the minority is still a part of the government--its not totally out of power.

Both parties have had ample opportunity to dramatically reverse the trend. Neither really did anything about it. Business-as-usual ruled the day.

A little digging shows the current bunch is just another crop of the same.

In one sense, who cares what the government thinks about the 2A anyway? If they try to take it, we just open fire. Its the rest of the rights we should be worried about. For example, your property rights in your money--not having it taxed away. How about the right not to be tricked into fighting and dying in a foreign land for political gain and the profits of certain large businesses? How about the right to use your spray paint any damn way you want as long as it doesn't harm someone else? Oh, here's a good one. How about the right to have the money you earned two years ago and put in savings be worth the same today, meaning no freaking price inflation resulting from policies beneficial to banking at your expense?

The politicians have merely figured out that if they let us keep our guns, and give us boatloads of spin about everything else, they can milk us dry and regulate us into a tiny little box. They don't really care about guns. No reason to. Its much, much more profitable to leave that one alone and bleed us dry everywhere else.

osmanobma

Oh, that's easy to answer. She doesn't really support the 2nd Amendment, except perhaps shallowly. Very shallowly.

You see, she is totally willing to have Obama and his fedgov goons take a nice chunk of your production under threat of force, up to and including lethal force if you try to prevent the seizure.

She's totally willing to have guns pointed in your face by her preferred elected representatives. And, she'll throw you a bone--the 2A. But don't think about advocating using it against her chosen gun-pointing, lethal threatening, looting expropriators.

Moreover, if you just wait a while, she'll come along and justify how she has standing to elect those expropriators to loot you for the benefit of millions of people you've never even met. Meaning, its not whether she can cook up good-sounding justifications; it is that she thinks she has standing at all to tell other people to whom they must bow down and accept being looted.

Of course, she has it all worked out and totally justified in her mind. But, the key point is that she is of the opinion that she is so close to being a god that she can hold you responsible for others. And, of course, her version of responsibility is blame and force and cram it down your throat (at gun point), and make you do it you nasty little man. Because that's how she was treated, and how she treats herself (see her recent thread about leaving a gun at a daycare center or something, where she turned forgetfulness into negligence.) Her highest understanding of responsibility--socially--is mainly blaming others: for either causing something she doesn't approve, or not causing something she thinks they should have. If she ever thinks about responsibility as just assigning causation or agency for an occurrence without all the heavy implications of blame, its probably pretty rarely applied to society.

i noticed that, earlier in this thread she was complaining about our country going downhill, because we a becoming a nation of takers not givers. while simultaneously saying people must be forcibly taken of their private property inorder for the government to give to others; that the government deems to be more deserving.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

i noticed that, earlier in this thread she was complaining about our country going downhill, because we a becoming a nation of takers not givers. while simultaneously saying people must be forcibly taken of their private property inorder for the government to give to others; that the government deems to be more deserving.

That are in need, not More Deserving.

Take Citizen for a grain of salt, they are under the impression that there are simple answers to complex issues. Also, I'll let Citizen waste their time with so-called Facts. Understanding is a matter of degrees; don't mistaken that statement for Idealism.--I am not an Idealist.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That are in need, not More Deserving.

Take Citizen for a grain of salt, they are under the impression that there are simple answers to complex issues. Also, I'll let Citizen waste their time with so-called Facts. Understanding is a matter of degrees; don't mistaken that statement for Idealism.--I am not an Idealist.

See, Osmanobma, I tol' you she had the justification all figured out. Notice how she carefully leaves in place the premise that she has standing to tell you what to do with the fruits of your labor. And, use govgoons to stick guns in your face to make you do it.

Beretta92FSLady

See, Osmanobma, I tol' you she had the justification all figured out. Notice how she carefully leaves in place the premise that she has standing to tell you what to do with the fruits of your labor. And, use govgoons to stick guns in your face to make you do it.

I offered no justification.--merely a statement. I thought you'd know the difference.

The Government can stick guns in your face, and make you do it. Welcome to the bedrock of Governance: Control via Coercion.

Last edited: